DJI WKM Firmware 5.12 Update

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Now there is 5.12 to try and stop confusion can people who move to 5.12 post in here and not 5.10

Cheers

Dave

PapaRomeo

I flew the new firmware around my yard for a few minutes this evening and all seems ok. Cinestar 8 with AXI and Maytech 35A Opto Escs. Futaba SBUS receiver.

Thanks DJI for the quick updates!

My Hexa now works fine with this update. Previously the motors does not spin and starts at the same time.
One motor does not arm at start up. Now it works like the usual. Too bad I cannot test flight it's raining now here in Singapore :(

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Dave

I assume this is just another beta released? Seems we all have to risk our own $/£/€

ANDY

Hi Andy. Guess thats the nature of the beast. I am fortunate in that I have a few WKM's so I can roll it out slowly. My HL is still on 5.02 as it flies beautifully. The only real thing in the new release that interests me is the gimbal control mods.

I would like to hear of any one who has tested these out. The weather here today is perfect for flying so I will update my F450 then ill give the ADX3 a whirl and see how it goes.. especially the gimbal.

Is everyone making sure they set the copter back to default and retuning the gains?

Dave

fritz99

I just made some flight tests with my 5 kg Hexa.
Everything works fine.
GPS is very stable.
Attitude is very stable.
And also the yawing is much better than the 5.08 version.

Fritz

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I didnt think to hit default since the numbers were all still there. Is that really necessary? As for the gimbal, dont do it for that, it is still useless. Gains do the same thing, kinda stuck around 20-25 or else it over compensates in roll. The speed is messed up on the tilt override IMO, even at a value of 1 it is way too fast. the old one was much better. The gimbal is slightly faster and has servo freq. options. none of these are wow factors. Id trade all that POI, gimmicks for a nice working gimbal control. Ill try out 5.12 tomorrow. I installed it already but didnt have time to fly.

PapaRomeo

Fritz: Do you find the gains to be different than on the previous firmware. I had to lower Roll and Pitch from 280 to about 200 when upgrading last week from 5.06 to 5.08. I have not had a chance to further test this set up on the 5.12.

fritz99

Fritz: Do you find the gains to be different than on the previous firmware. I had to lower Roll and Pitch from 280 to about 200 when upgrading last week from 5.06 to 5.08. I have not had a chance to further test this set up on the 5.12.

No I am flying with the same parameters : all 200

Fritz

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Anyone esle having problems accessing DJI server?

I am getting "network abnormal check settings" on a windoz7 and XP on different machines

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Same here. The gimbal tilt is way too fast even if I put it to the lowest value of 1.
I still prefer the 5.06 gimbal - The only problem with this version is the tilt servo travel is very short. Aside from that everything is ok with me.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Server seems to have sorted itself out.

First impressions very good. Gimbal is much better. @wireframman explain the tilts servo travel being to short. It has been greatly extended in this release. I can now get straight down and have more than enough to compensate for the most aggressive forward flying.

The pitch or tilt compensation is I agree pretty useless and they need to address this. I have mine set at 1 and its still a bit fast for a slow pan up or down. So to compensate for this I have just adjusted the servo speed in my TX.. job done.

Off to go fly um now and see whats there like.

Dave

Aviator

Does anyone know how POI should work? I have been out testing 5.12 today and tried POI the first time it yawed to face the home position, well more or less? and just stayed there until I used left or right stick at which point it would circle roughly around the home point as slow or fast as I moved the stick? the second time I switched into POI it dropped 40 degrees to the left and opened up the throttle hit the ground as I struggled to gain control again.. and nearly flipped it. After frantically flipping switches before it ploughed into the side of my van. I regained full control and landed it. This is now starting to piss me off a little.
So which is it? is it supposed to f**k off on it`s own or do I control the rate it circles the POI? It cant be both so there is a problem somewhere?
After nearly losing £4000 of equipment and messing up my new van, I got my $10 KK board out and Tricopter made of crap I found around the house and hardware stores and had some real fun, and wasn`t worried in the slightest that it would do anything other than what I command it to do...

Brombo

Just a point of view
I tried yesterday the last 5.12 formare in one SixCopter of mine, this one 194842_4245367622074_238616146_o.jpg
a
nd i can say that the new update makes the machine more stable and with smooth responses from the stick,
i recordered a short video yesterday where i was trying the new management of the servo output frequency response and i will post soon to see the result.
I tried 250hz for now with my Graupner MKDS18 that even if strange a 9000hz of app frequency.. "is that normal or is a fake date?"
anyway it work better and more precise movements of the servo gimbal.

Sardinia Multirotors

Last edited by a moderator: