DJI NazaM firmware v3.10 poll

What has been your experience with v3.10?

• Total voters

Hartz

Herpaderpinator
As there are a few people out there having problems with this firmware I thought it might be interesting to get some numbers.

Skysurf

Voted -Good. I have not flown a whole lot since I updated, but so far I am pleased. Very nice that they added new configurations including okto.

/Jesper

Since the Naza-M V3.10 firmware has been launched, we received some feedbacks that the aircraft cannot be armed after updating and the center position of the stick is abnormal.

We currently suspended the upgrade of firmware V3.10. And DJI will release new firmware in the very near future.

For those who had already upgraded the firmware V3.10, you can use the Assistant Software V1.8 to restore to firmware V2.02, and you can download the software from: http://www.dji-innovations.com/downl...a-m-downloads/

DennyR

Having been satisfied with Naza H and firmware 1.02 I missed out on 1.04 but just got tempted to try the latest V.2.00 I hope that my last piece of DJI's wonderful flight experience is not about to turn into the usual crap. If it does, you guys, and the rest of the world, might get to hear about it. This company just never learns from its past mistakes. If I didn't know better I would say it is a deliberate attempt to destroy what they have already sold you, so that they can sell you the next piece of ****. With all those Phantoms out there how can they possibly release an upgrade without testing it. I don't buy it. this crap is deliberate. Having butt reamed most of the world now, it follows that they should be about ready to start up with a new name any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxwelltub

Wow, thanks for the input and addressing the problem. Not being sarcastic, it is great to have someone over their responding to common issues.
Since the Naza-M V3.10 firmware has been launched, we received some feedbacks that the aircraft cannot be armed after updating and the center position of the stick is abnormal.

We currently suspended the upgrade of firmware V3.10. And DJI will release new firmware in the very near future.

For those who had already upgraded the firmware V3.10, you can use the Assistant Software V1.8 to restore to firmware V2.02, and you can download the software from: http://www.dji-innovations.com/downl...a-m-downloads/

Hartz

Herpaderpinator
Having been satisfied with Naza H and firmware 1.02 I missed out on 1.04 but just got tempted to try the latest V.2.00 I hope that my last piece of DJI's wonderful flight experience is not about to turn into the usual crap. If it does, you guys, and the rest of the world, might get to hear about it. This company just never learns from its past mistakes. If I didn't know better I would say it is a deliberate attempt to destroy what they have already sold you, so that they can sell you the next piece of ****. With all those Phantoms out there how can they possibly release an upgrade without testing it. I don't buy it. this crap is deliberate. Having butt reamed most of the world now, it follows that they should be about ready to start up with a new name any time soon.

I am very confident that this firmware was tested extensively. Bugs still slip through the cracks though. As someone who works with software developers and testers I can understand exactly how this happens.

It makes more sense to keep your customers happy rather than deliberately break their gear. Bad press is just going to make old and new customers go and buy another product.

Accidents happen and that is fine, at least DJI has pulled the firmware and is fixing it. The real question is whether DJI will compensate those who have lost money and time over this? They certainly should.

rwskier

Multi Rotor Video
I am very confident that this firmware was tested extensively. Bugs still slip through the cracks though. As someone who works with software developers and testers I can understand exactly how this happens.

It makes more sense to keep your customers happy rather than deliberately break their gear. Bad press is just going to make old and new customers go and buy another product.

Accidents happen and that is fine, at least DJI has pulled the firmware and is fixing it. The real question is whether DJI will compensate those who have lost money and time over this? They certainly should.

I too agree that they probably did test the firmware before they released it. And I certainly don't believe that they or anyone would intentionally release it knowing that it could damage gear. I for one am happy that they pulled it from use until they figure the problems out.
I spent dollars and time on repairing damage from the crashes but I am kind of light hearted about it because I know I got into a hobby that has inherent risks. I have spent money on repairs for things that I have done to my machine as well and i am sure there will be more. It would be fantastic if I could get reimbursed for my damages but I am not going to sit around and not fly waining for a check.

CrashMaster

The problem is simple.... they developed a new NAZA and tested it and it all worked. They then decided not to alienate their existing customers who paid good money for NAZA-M V1 and released the firmware after testing it with their own TX and RX systems. My Phantom with stock DJI stuff works fine but my F550 with Walkera TX and RX failed dismally. However, having read the literature released that something was very wrong with the 2 green lights once GPS lock was acquired. I powered down and read the user manual and then checked the assistant again and re-calibrated and again after power off the same double green lights.
I e-mailed DJI Europe and China with specifics of the problem including all settings and offset when re-booting on Sunday and by Tuesday they released the advisory advice to roll back. Luckily I never took off so had no damage and at least others must have e-mailed the same for them to take note so quickly.

I have no doubt they will re-release an updated version in the next couple of weeks when they identify why the new firmware does not save the calibration settings.

jamienz

The real question is whether DJI will compensate those who have lost money and time over this? They certainly should.

I thought the issue was that the Naza simply wouldn't arm after it lost the calibration settings? Surely the worst that can happen is that you cant get the machine off the ground.. Have there been other more sinister faults too?

Olemil

No problems here with 3.10 FW, everything works as it should but haven't tried the IOC or failsafe. Motors arm every time and sticks stay with in 1-2 (still green) in assistant. Warm up time less than 2 minutes first time in 81* ambient temp. Always single flash as long as sticks are centered. Maybe this should go a step further and see if there is a difference in arming depending on tx brand? (I'm running Futaba 8fg & Sbus rx)

maxwelltub

I'm having the arming issue, wont arm for about 2 minutes after powering up. Not a big deal, just annoying. Everything else works. I wish I could turn off the auto take off crap though.

Olemil

I wish I could turn off the auto take off crap though.
You can, take off in manual mode, works every time for me. Two minutes isn't bad for warm up, read a lot of threads where members where waiting that long on the old V2.02 FW stating they had better GPS performance that way. Most of the people that are saying they have arming issues say theirs won't arm at all, not sure if it's because the warm up feature won't finish or maybe a bad set up?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I don't understand how some of us can have a good install, and some have a bad one? we all have the same units, with the only difference being the radio setup....... So I am confused about this and I feel more information is needed.

What type of radio are people using is a good start, receiver set up like traditional or s-bus. Age of Naza and any other issues you have had in the past.

For me, I am using a Futaba on S-Bus, Naza is less then 5 months, GPS is 2 months. no other major issues Naza related.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I am running two Naza's, one on 330 frame with no GPS on a Spektrum DX18, runs just fine, very happy, my second unit is currently on a 450 quad frame using GPS and with a Futaba 14SG radio, again it is working just fine.

Last weekend I had about 40 takeoffs chasing downhill skateboarders and had no problems other than the occasional time it took more than a few seconds to arm and I missed a shot.

Very happy with the stability and very happy with the vertical descent.

Just have to get my gimbal dialed in.

Pete

CrashMaster

I am running two machines with NAZA-M V1:-
1. Phantom, which is almost stock, I added 2 axis stabilisation gimbal, gopro 3 Black and 5.8gh AV down-link and 8" DJI props. This works fine but appears to knock 2-3 mins off flight time with V3.10
2. F550 with GPS landing gear, gimbal, gopro 3 Black and 5.8ghz down-link. I also use both 3s and 4s Lipos and Stock 10" DJI for 11.1v and Graupner 10x5 E for 14.8v. My TX/RX are Walkera Devo 12s with telemetry module. This one will not keep calibration settings so have reverted back. Although I have flown with new firmware because if you set it up and fly without unplugging Lipo it keeps settings until power off.

I have to admit that it is very much more solid, especially in GPS hold, with the new firmware and the F550 has noticably more vertical velocity than the old firmware. This may be the cause of eating lipos more quickly.

The F550 weighs in at 2.52KG so is within 0.5 of its MTOM of 3KG. This does mean it is a little sluggish anyway but as an stable AP platform it is excellent. No good for sports flying which the Phantom manages admirably.