NAZA Throttle & Start Up Sequence

FloridaUAV

Hello everyone... After installing my NAZA, it took me a few frustrating minutes to realize my startup sequence was backwards. To start the motors, I had to move both sticks upward (left/right). When they started, full throttle was down left stick so I reversed it from the radio, then by the software. Good thing I had no props attached!

Now throttle down is bottom left like it should be but to start the motors I need to go down (left/right) with the left stick and upwards (left/right) with the right stick. It flies great with no issues but my concern is whether I'm missing something that could be catestrophic in the long run. I've tried only reversing with the radio, only with the software and using both with the same result.

I assume you have a Naza-M.

If you look in the manual there are many different arming sequences you can use. I use left stick down and right with right stick down and left. Very glad you didnt have your props on. I used tape at first to make sure I had the motors going the correct way before I added them on.

FloridaUAV

I should have specified that. Yes it's a NAZA-M.

Maybe I confused things with my explanation. The issue is with the right stick. It needs to be positioned upward to either left or right to start the motors while the left stick is positioned downward left or right. This isn't a starting sequence shown in the manual.

are you using the stock DJI ESC's? or do you have others? Could be a calibration issue with them.

Have you recalibrated your Tx with the naza software? I'd also make sure in the software that your Tx is traveling in the correct directions. I have a Spektrum DX8 setup for mode 2 and I believe I had to reverse 2 of the channels for them to being traveling the correct directions.

FloridaUAV

Good point there! I probably just forgot to calibrate the TX. Thanks for your help. I'll give everything a good once over again and see if that solves it.