Dji naza v2

Tahoe Ed

The Naza M V2 hardware is not available yet. The software is on their website but you cannot up grade your Naza or Phantom yet. It is still in testing from what I have heard. I tried to update my Naza and got a now upgrades are available. I guess we have to wait.....

Hartz

Herpaderpinator
The enhanced stability also looks excellent. Hopefully at least some of whatever programming has gone in to the V2 can be carried across to the V1.

Tahoe Ed

The V1 is compatible. You will not have the additional Can Bus support for the Zen for GoPro, BT LED or iOSD however.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I just noticed the V2 on DJI website, kinda pisses me off my hardware is now out of date, but what can you do...

Tahoe Ed

I just noticed the V2 on DJI website, kinda pisses me off my hardware is now out of date, but what can you do...

Your Naza is not out of date. The firmware applies to V1 and V2. I have up graded my F330 V1 and it flys fine. Some are trying on the Phantom, though not recommended by DJI or me. Here is some video from today.

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I presumed from the new color and the addition of the can-bus, which would allow for iOSD that the V1 is now out of date, a few months after the purchase of mine. It is nice the software has an upgrade, but I am unsure why my DJI software did not inform me of this when I was in it last night? only downloadable if you go to the website?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I got the assistant software installed, but it tells me I need the 3.10 firmware. Of which you can't download, where did you get it from?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Have it loaded up on my 330, will have a fly once the temp gets a bit above zero, if it looks okay I will load it on my 450 or 550.

Still trying to decide which one to kill so I can built it into my new TBS Disco frame until I can buy a Naza-M V2.

V2 looks better for the 550, should be able to compensate for dead motor on hex apparently.

Pete

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Loaded it on a 330 and a 450, very smooth and now with a no wobble descent, bit amazing really after flying with the descent wobble for so long.

Flew the 450 in a bit of wind in the back yard, rock solid descent.

Pete

Olemil

I have a silly question before I do the upgrade. I take it you can use the PC driver that's already installed when doing the upgrade using the new assistant? Thanks.

astr0b0y

I have a silly question before I do the upgrade. I take it you can use the PC driver that's already installed when doing the upgrade using the new assistant? Thanks.
Yes, that's correct. Just download the new Assistant, install & launch, power on and plug on the NAZA. It should ask you if you want to update almost immediately. All settings are saved.

Olemil

Couldn't stand it anymore so I did the FW update to 3.03. First I went out and flew it one last time after upgrading all the motor bearings to see if it helped with my wind bobbles, it didn't. So I figured I had nothing to lose and did the upgrade. Install went smooth, did the reset to defaults, advanced IMU calibration, calibrated sticks, calibrated GPS and all the set up to get it back to where it was with 2.02. Everything seems to work just as stated in the manual which made me happy. So I went out before it got too dark to give it another test flight, wind was a bit calmer with maybe gusts to 5mph (closer to 10+ earlier when I flew it). Flight went well, all functions worked as they should be still got beat up with the wind! I went with DJI's recommended default gain settings to start with and tried adjusting the basic roll gain while in flight with little effect. When I got up to around 200% I could see the bobble frequency was faster so I knew it was too much gain. Just about decided this thing won't fly in wind, sucks because everyone else has excellent results in very high wind. I am currently using the stock 1038 DJI 10" props, the Graupner 10x5's didn't really help much either. I am at 1kg using a 2200mah 40c battery, I tried it with a 3300mah also thinking the extra weight might calm it down but didn't. I am about ready to pull the FC out, slap a chunk of Zeal under it and wire tie it down and see if vibes is part of my issue. So sorry for all the drama, in a nut shell the upgrade is worth it and hopefully I can get this figured out.

Last edited by a moderator:

E

Empire Support 2

Olemil, you can try the zeal. DJI has stated that on the S800 mounting on zeal is an acceptable option. This differs from their previous position. I think if you are planning to use some kind of ties you may be inducing more vibrations that you are solving with the zeal. Try it and see how it works for you.