DJI Contest voting is now OPEN!!

Which of the entries are your FIVE favorites? You can pick up to five video entries

• Juz

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Plingboot

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Mbsteed

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Combatxe2 - entry 1

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Combatxe2 - entry 2

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Plingboot - entry 2

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Nettraptor

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Gunter

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Artvscommerce

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Tahoe light - entry 1

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Jake Bullitt

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • DennyR

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • IrisAerial

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Tahoe light - entry 2

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Supergumby

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Emowillcox

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sebas600

I voted for peepz who need the wkm and made a cool vid.
Didn't send in vid, allready have one, extra would be nice but rather see someone with no wkm get it!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@Sebas.. me too.. it was great to see the concentration one of the contestants showed REALLY trying.. But also the creativity of all the entrants.. GREAT interpretation of the challenge by everyone who had a go..

Dave

matwelli

greatt contest, my fav is emowilcox with the brick.

Rules are always just guide lines entertainment value rules in web 2.0 :)

Good luck to everyone

Can't wait for the next one now I finally have a 'copter again

loscocco

@loscocco welcome to MRF.. I think there will be another comp VERY soon but I suppose next year aint that far away!.. Where on the Planet are you and what are you flying or planning to fly

Dave

Droider,
I am in California and do a lot of photography and really like the new views you can get with a copter. I dont have one yet but would like to soon. I have flown the simulator and have to get a bit better before i would feel comfortable flying the real thing. lol but very cool!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the next contest prize has been secured and I promise each and every one of you you'll be very happy with it. the contest structure will be simplified quite a bit as to get the maximum number of entries so everyone should have a shot at winning.

stay tuned and please vote if you haven't done so already.

bartman

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
HOpe lesson was learned from this contest, like me I get thrown of join but anyway thats my fault. hope next contest will more fun like this and everyone will join. Lets be competitive in a fun way....

Bart wonder what the price is..............

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
past contests have had a requirement where the video needed to be unedited. this contest left that to the entrant but had there been one entry that showed just a quick flight of the five buckets done in real time with precision and no fluff, it could have very well been a competitive entry. given all of the entries we've seen i would have probably voted for a quick and dirty flight that showed mastery of the task. it's all up to the voters thus rendering the right/wrong questions moot.
the next one will be more straightforward. i promise. it will be very hard not to enter in the next one!

mbsteed

aerial video centric
combatxe2,
I think you missed the lesson from this competition. Look again, the results clearly show that it has little to do with video editing (sure to some extent that helped). However, what really counted was telling a story. Think about the movies you watch, if there is no plot it has little entertainment value. Why did Emowillcox do so well? Because he told an entertaining story, that had little to do with his video editing ability. People were swayed by the story more so than the video editing or even how well the craft was flown.

Last edited by a moderator:

I voted for you, Combatxe2, because you appeared to have actually flown the task the best out of all the entrants.

But I also voted for Emowilcox due to entertainment value and the fact that his copter could lift that cinder block. :black_eyed: I was rather amazed.

Overall, it was really fun to watch all of the entries. You guys rock!

combatxe2

Sorry guys that comment about video editing wasn't a dig at the people winning. More of a note to self to not post a boring video of just flying the course and actually make it a bit more exciting......:02.47-tranquillity:

plingboot

right, bribe time. :black_eyed:

i only need slightly more than double the votes i currently have :dejection:, but if i win i shall donate a PARIS Board, 4 motors and a scarab frame to a worthy cause and i'll even cover the postage.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Id vote for you again Plingboot but cant.. Loved the AM/BD action! WHen I was a kid I had 8 AM and 1 BD for them!

DAve

DennyR

That is probably the only time that luck will be a part of this contest. Full Marks for conspicuous incompetence and having a little help from your friends. It turned out just how I said it would. What a wast of a good prize.

Emowillcox

Hey Denny....this morning I see i'm in the lead and have to wonder who your your referring to? From what I understand DJI donated the board to Bart. In turn Bart decided to give the board away in a competition to help promote DJI. This competition got a reasonable turn out and has brought alot of traffic to the site so looks like the competition probably achieved what it was supposed to which was to get some attention for the new DJI board and bring some traffic to the site. Even if people were doing what your implying in the end it is still a random draw from the top 5 so cheating here doesn't guarantee you a win! Denny I have always been a big fan of yours and enjoyed reading your post and seeing your videos, but as an old combat guy & long time modeler i'm a bit surprised how your taking to this competition. I'm sure who ever gets the new board will put it to good use.

DennyR

Hi Emo
I do agree that it got a few people involved at the end, but to do that it veered away from what the contest rules said. Everyone should be able to enter with whatever they want, but as the voting system was such that each contestant was allowed to vote it meant that the people who had taken the trouble to adhere to the rules were effectively eliminated by the vast majority of the voters. (The reason being obvious) I do agree that a fun element is a part of the contest but not to the total exclusion of the people who carried out the skill test task, as described. Humor and fun are not the same thing. Nothing personal as I hope you win and I know you personally will make good use of it. Perhaps the next contest will have a numerical scoring system assigned to the task requirement.