DJI Contest voting is now OPEN!!

Which of the entries are your FIVE favorites? You can pick up to five video entries

• Juz

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Plingboot

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Mbsteed

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Combatxe2 - entry 1

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Combatxe2 - entry 2

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Plingboot - entry 2

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Nettraptor

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Gunter

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Artvscommerce

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Tahoe light - entry 1

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Jake Bullitt

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • DennyR

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • IrisAerial

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Tahoe light - entry 2

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Supergumby

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Emowillcox

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Listed below are the contest entries for the DJI WK-M giveaway. Please give them a look and then choose your five favorites in the poll voting area above.
Once we have five finalists pocked out we'll choose a final-final winner.

Here are the contest guidelines for reference before voting

I'm very happy to announce our newest multi-rotor flying contest in which one lucky winner will fly away with a brand new DJI Innovations Wookong Multi-Rotor control system for the very low price of FREE!!!

The contest rules are complicated and will require hours of focused studying and comtemplation. The risk to your machines is great but commensurate with the reward for your careful piloting. Win this contest and your peers will respect you, the girls may notice you a bit more, even your dog will sense a certain specialness (is that a word?) as you go by. But enough of the jabbering, let's get to the details......

Here at multirotorforums.com, we like to do lots of stuff with our heli's but at the end of the day it's all about flying and becoming a better pilot. Therefore the contest goal is to get out and fly better than you ever have before and to expand your skills.

What you'll need are five buckets (large, small, you decide what to use), a piece of string about ten feet long, a tennis ball or similar sized object, a flying multi-rotor helicopter (duh!), and a video camera.

The five buckets will be arranged around a circle of about fifteen feet (5m) in diameter and should be placed to represent the points of a five point star. The string will be attached to your multi-rotor on one end and the other end will be tied to the ball (rock, barbie doll, gerbil (preferably a stuffed one), you decide). The goal is to take off from the center of the circle and then dunk the object into each bucket while flying the shape of a star. Get a good video of the event, add some creative style, beg for the approval of your peers and you may just walk away with the prize!

As with the last contest, we will vote for our five favorite video entries and then pick the final winner from the top five "vote getters". This is meant to keep it fun and to let the creative process keep as many flyers in the game as possible.

Flying counts but so does how you present it. There are NO GUIDELINES for voting so lack of flying skills can be offset by making an entertaining video but it must be seen that you are trying to fly the course.

Some things to keep in mind

• Actual contest videos should be limited to the flight itself. Out-takes, crashes, interesting commentary, bikini models that might wander by can all be posted as part of the contest thread but let's make it easy for voters to watch the actual entries by keeping them short.
  • A hanging weight can swing enough to upset the flight of your heli so start slow and get the feel for the weight before trying to impress the voters!
  • Wherever you decide to host your video, please put multirotorforums.com, DJI, and Wookong in the tags line of your video when you upload it. Please also title your video with "Multirotorforums.com Wookong Giveaway Entry" just so we know which video is the official entry.
  • As with past contests, please ask about details that don't make sense so we can get them straightened out ASAP.
  • Please have fun and no crying allowed.
  • If the wandering bikini models are lost, please refer them to me for directions.

CONTEST ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING TODAY AND ENDING NOVEMBER 30.

VOTING WILL BEGIN ON DECEMBER 1 AND WILL RUN FOR ONE WEEK.

EXPECT A WINNER TO BE CHOSEN ON OR ABOUT DECEMBER 9

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO DJI FOR THEIR SUPPORT AND FOR THEIR GENEROUS DONATION OF A WOOKONG MULTI-ROTOR FLIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM!!!!!!!

http://www.dji-innovations.com/en/
Here are the entries

Juz

Plingboot

Mbsteed

Combatxe2

Combatxe2 (entry 2)

Plingboot (entry 2)

Nettraptor

Gunter

Artvscommerce

Tahoelight (entry 1)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

videos 11 through 16

Jake Bullitt

DennyR

IrisAerial

Tahoe Light (entry 2)

Supergumby

Emowillcox

That's it!! 16 entries total.

Thanks to everyone for participating and thank you!, thank you!, thank you! to DJI Innovations for donating one of their full-function flight control systems to the contest as a prize.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks for your efforts Bart.

I think anyone who already has a DJI wookong should get a negative point as well. The idea is to give it to someone who does NOT have one and that will put it to good use.

DennyR

Thanks for your efforts Bart.

I think anyone who already has a DJI wookong should get a negative point as well. The idea is to give it to someone who does NOT have one and that will put it to good use.

So where does it say that in the contest rules. the fact that someone has one and has proved that they can use it and should if anything gain a point. I think people who cant read the rules or has bent them to suit the fact that they cant fly to the required standard should also be excluded but as the voting is a total lottery and bears no resemblance to the standards then that is also just a useless opinion. Those who identify with poor standards will doubtless vote for it.

Bartman

denny, if you feel the contest isn't being run to your satisfaction you can pull your entry and i'll start the voting over.
this is supposed to be fun. yes, the challenge was more of a challenge than i anticipated but the goal is to have a lot of participation and i continue to stress that the voters will decide who is worthy of a vote. i could be more rigid about the contest rules but aren't there enough arseholes in the world trying to tell other people what to do?
fun, it's supposed to be fun.
with each contest i'm learning a bit more about what will work and what won't. if i run a contest that is too rigid and too much of a challenge it'll take a sponsored team from Red Bull or somewhere to put together an entry. the contests are open to everyone and i especially encourage the most new among us to jump in and participate however it is they decide to do so. final rules interpreting authority goes to the voters.

bartman

combatxe2

well said Bartman..... i for one found this great fun and pleased i came across this forum as i'm new to multi rotors and its good to come somewhere that has a bit of fun. i would have done it if there was no prize but the chance of winning a DJI i think is a fantastic prize as it is an expensive bit of kit. so thanks to Bartman for sorting this out and taking the time to think up a challenge.

Id hate to see this challenge turn into a slanging match of who has what kit and who is the best video editor.......

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
I've voted and I vote Bart for president...ok just kiddin'. Agree lets just all have fun and laugh at each other...this is not election...At least the guys made an effort unlike me who got discourage (nevermind the reason). The price is great and everyone would want it but the idea of the contest is that we get to know the contestants i know part of their self is imparted to their videos..

Lets keep it cool...

Emowillcox

Bart should get big kudos for coming up with the idea and then finding a nice sponsor for it. Everyone has the same chance to win and hope it won’t becoming a pissing match. These kind of events / competitions can go away alot faster then they come around! Most people who got involved in this event probably have way more money tied up in this hobby then the cost of a Wookong so hope we can be good sports.

I've voted and I vote Bart for president...ok just kiddin'. Agree lets just all have fun and laugh at each other...this is not election...At least the guys made an effort unlike me who got discourage (nevermind the reason). The price is great and everyone would want it but the idea of the contest is that we get to know the contestants i know part of their self is imparted to their videos..

Lets keep it cool...

i'm very grateful that the contest wasn't based solely on skill, as I am a fairly new pilot. Because of this I decided to focus lots of effort on trying to make the video entertaining. I may have entered the contest with a toy craft (ar drone), but if I win I promise to use the DJI in a proper build and make all of you proud!

:highly_amused:

Thank you very much for organizing this Bart!!

Emowillcox

Hey IrisA nice entry, but is that a 10 foot chord? Maybe just an optical (special effect)
Making it look short?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Emo, believe it or not, my wife is actually 10' tall. The hex is 6' diameter! I even had to add an additional 4' of green screen to fit her in. kidding. well, I did have to add to the screen but....
I'm with Art, I realized my skill and patience lacked so I tried to make it up with entertainment value.

Denny, my comment about negative points for already owning a DJI lacked a smily face at the end. My apologies.

I was thinking if I had one of those japanese flying balls, I would have mounted the buckets from the ceiling with 10' ropes and flown the heli into them.

Bartman

I was thinking if I had one of those japanese flying balls, I would have mounted the buckets from the ceiling with 10 ropes and flown the heli into them.

if you any balls you would have been the one hanging from the forklift instead of your lovely wife. :) (smiley included at no extra charge)

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Hey, Emo since you already have a DJI, can I buy this one off of you since it looks like your brick is gonna be the winner?