DJI Contest voting is now OPEN!!

Which of the entries are your FIVE favorites? You can pick up to five video entries

• Juz

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Plingboot

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Mbsteed

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Combatxe2 - entry 1

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Combatxe2 - entry 2

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Plingboot - entry 2

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Nettraptor

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Gunter

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Artvscommerce

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Tahoe light - entry 1

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Jake Bullitt

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • DennyR

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • IrisAerial

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Tahoe light - entry 2

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Supergumby

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Emowillcox

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
EMO
the board was donated to the site to be used as a contest prize. i'm happy to see so many people enjoying the contest and the entries.
Bart

Hey Denny....this morning I see i'm in the lead and have to wonder who your your referring to? From what I understand DJI donated the board to Bart. In turn Bart decided to give the board away in a competition to help promote DJI. This competition got a reasonable turn out and has brought alot of traffic to the site so looks like the competition probably achieved what it was supposed to which was to get some attention for the new DJI board and bring some traffic to the site. Even if people were doing what your implying in the end it is still a random draw from the top 5 so cheating here doesn't guarantee you a win! Denny I have always been a big fan of yours and enjoyed reading your post and seeing your videos, but as an old combat guy & long time modeler i'm a bit surprised how your taking to this competition. I'm sure who ever gets the new board will put it to good use.

Bartman

And on that note...the contest voting is closed!!! Thanks to everyone for watching the videos and taking the time to participate in the voting.

Our top five "vote-getters" are

Emowillcox with 39 votes
Irisaerial with 31 votes
Artvscommerce with 23 votes
Gunter with 18 votes
Mbsteed with 17 votes

I'll get to work picking a winner via random drawing in the next 24 hours or so and will post the video documenting the very fair and unbiased method by which the winner was picked. :)

Thanks again, and again, to everyone for participating! Thanks again, and again to DJI Innovations for donating a WK-M flight control system for us to have as a contest prize!!

Winner to be announced soon!!

Bartman

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Maybe the next challenge you can attach a heavy ball to the end of the heli in a similar way and go bowling with it. Most pins down with the most interesting video wins. Or mud wrestling? how about the heli that can eat the most hotdogs?

The AR drone is actually a very capable machine in terms of stability, optic flow etc.

I would not call it "very capable". It was extremely difficult getting it to lift a small piece of chicken. When I finally was able to get it to lift the chicken it flew very erratically. I had to go chasing after it a couple of times because it stopped responding to control input completely.

haha, thanks iris! I actually wanted to cook a whole meal while doing the task but I found out about the contest too late and was extremely limited on time. It would've been awesome to have bread crumbs in one bucket, egg and milk in another, boiling oil in another, ect.. Maybe next time! :)

Thanks all for the great entertainment. While there were some weird ethical moments during this contest, I think it turned out great and really think it brought out some creativity and a few great attempts at nailing the skills. I look forward to the next challenge. Thanks again Bart and thanks to all who participated and watched the videos.

I think it would be cool to do something involving grappling hooks and different size/weight payloads. Like picking up and moving a series of objects from one point to another. I suppose something like that would be sort of difficult to standardize though.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
And on that note...the contest voting is closed!!! Thanks to everyone for watching the videos and taking the time to participate in the voting.

Our top five "vote-getters" are

Emowillcox with 39 votes
Irisaerial with 31 votes
Artvscommerce with 23 votes
Gunter with 18 votes
Mbsteed with 17 votes

I'll get to work picking a winner via random drawing in the next 24 hours or so and will post the video documenting the very fair and unbiased method by which the winner was picked. :)

Thanks again, and again, to everyone for participating! Thanks again, and again to DJI Innovations for donating a WK-M flight control system for us to have as a contest prize!!

Winner to be announced soon!!

Bartman

Woohoo, almost time boys and girls :)

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
OPPS!

Sorry I was not supposed to mention the photo comp or the new prize! Ahh I dint mention the new prize so I wont get an ear chewing off BART!

SORRY Bart didn't mean to mention a photo I thought I saw it earlier in this thread.. ekk!

Good luck chaps.. May the best man get lucky..

Sorry my local guy dint make it through but Ill issue him a double gold star for his determination when he comes for his cool box!

Dave

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Cheers Dave,I enjoyed trying anyway,just ran out of time for doing anything more creative.

Any chance of bringing the cool box home,and leaving outside yours,and I`ll pick it up on my way to of from work one day next week.

I`ve been to yours a few times ,your never in;)

Photo comp eh? Maybe I`ll leave my Y6 build a little longer,just in case;)

In the meantime I`ll have to get to grips with CC :dread:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@ JB

I have been working away so not been at the unit much. Should be there most of next week.. U can just all at my house and if I ain't there Sandra knows where your CB is..

Call round for a brew any time

Dave

PS did you know RCpitstop has moved in to Merlin Park?

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
That will be handy,he was a bit tucked away up in Birkdale.

I`ll call at yours one day next week then,I`ll recognise your house from your YT video with the GoPro.

Sorry for sidetracking the thread guys,good luck to all those who made it to the last five:)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
If you check out Google street map its the one wit the dog in the window!

Carry on chaps and cant wait to see how Bart is going to select the winner from the 5..

Dave

Bartman

I was thinking maybe I'd assign each of the five their own weekday. So Emo might be Monday, Iris would be Tuesday, etc., etc. and the next time the Mrs. and I have relations, whichever day it falls on would be the winner of the contest. The only problem is you'd have to wait an awfully long time for a winner to be selected at the rate we're going!! :highly_amused::highly_amused::highly_amused:

i'm heading outside now to take care of this with the help of my dog. she doesn't know it yet but she's in for a snack.

Bart

Bartman

i tried and failed at my first attempt to pick a winner. the camera stopped taking video and the dog wouldn't eat the doggie biscuits with the names on them so i'll have to go to plan b which a simple random drawing.

stay tuned

bart