DJI 5.8G Video Link is releasing.

Features:

1. Working frequency 5.8GHz with 8 channels;

2. Long range and stable transmission

3. Support DJI clover leaf antenna (optional). (1.2Km)

4. Support standard SMA antenna.

5. Remote channel switch via DJI iOSD

Attachments

• 5.8G_transmitter07_03.jpg
    5.8G_transmitter07_03.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 420
  • receiver02_01.jpg
    receiver02_01.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 337
  • receiver02_04.jpg
    receiver02_04.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 357
  • SPES58.jpg
    SPES58.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 388

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
It sure would be nice if you were more active on this forum rather than just post when you have something new to sell.

plingboot

Again, nice neat units, but:

• fpv fatshark/ImmersionRC folks don't get too excited as it's not on the same frequencies
• so no using your IRC uno/duo for antenna tracking or multiple A/V out
• no using your fatsharks with built-in Rx
• just a single A/V out so it's either goggles or recorder

ChrisViperM

...just wait a while. Next thing is DJI Goggles, DJI antenna tracker, DJI camera......at the end you will get a DJI wife :tennis:

Looks like that DJI want to create their own universe like Apple did...this is going to work for a while....but Apple is close to be overrun by Android (in the iPhone market...)

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

DesJardins

I agree DJI should have a real person to reply and build the customer service platform to listen to customers.

Really Android!? LMAO

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Just curious, what is the transmit power? I can't see it listed. I know it doesn't really matter, the proof is in the pudding, but for places where it's regulated, it does matter.

Does it have FCC approval? This is a big problem when trying to operate a business legally. Most of the Chinese transmitters are illegal to use.

Digitech

Just curious, what is the transmit power? I can't see it listed. I know it doesn't really matter, the proof is in the pudding, but for places where it's regulated, it does matter.

Does it have FCC approval? This is a big problem when trying to operate a business legally. Most of the Chinese transmitters are illegal to use.

it is 500 Mw

Totality

Does this transmit HD or normal SD? I have to admit I laughed when I saw the $6000 setup and the video transmitter being attached by a piece of velcro and a cable tie! Would have thought the fittings would be a bit more professional to be honest as that's all I use on my cheapy quad :)

Digitech

normal analog in and out.

well the velcro will protect it againt any unwanted high freq vibrations
alloy and carbon together dont mix

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
it is 500 Mw

So that's a no on the FCC?

What do you mean exactly that "alloy and carbon together don't mix"?

Nothing wrong with velcro and zipties, they work. Yeah, it's cheap, but at least the cost on this part of the DJI system isn't insanely expensive.

kloner

Aerial DP
that will depend on what frequencies they use, but most of the 5.8 is open and available to the best of my knowledge. Even the stuff i get from lawmate and them is a decal that says it's fcc legal, not a fcc label. the difference being illegal channels transmitting from it or not.

being a non airwave module makes it something like the 305

now that 900mhz datalink,,,, that's in a much tougher band to comply with

Digitech

no idea on the US fcc , i guess the dji dealer in us needs to check that out.

we can sell the dji TX as export only , we are allowed only 100 mw

if you directly mount the TX unit on a Carbon part it will cause static.
i still use velcro and a ziplock
:)

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
that will depend on what frequencies they use, but most of the 5.8 is open and available to the best of my knowledge. Even the stuff i get from lawmate and them is a decal that says it's fcc legal, not a fcc label. the difference being illegal channels transmitting from it or not.

My understanding is that just because the device uses a legally open band, does not mean it's legal. The problem is, each device has to be certified to not transmit stray RF *outside* of it's band. This has to be submitted for testing, which costs money, etc.

This is probably not a big deal for hobbyist. But if you are using these things for commercial purposes... well it's just one more thing they can string you up for.