GH3 announced .... at a price ????

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Well, let's hear some stories!

Looks like Moire is WORSE than the GH2 :( Cant really tell anything else so far from videos i've watched.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Anything stated yet concerning video out on the GH3 ? Same issue HDMI out only in I or P also. AV out analog possible and live feed during record ?

Thanks

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Ah cool thanks !

Picking one up tomorrow if it really was in stock like shown on the website. Will be interesting to see if it works with the z15 with a little balancing it out !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Squeezing it in should not the the problem. In the worst case I have to get the bottom plate of the zenmuse new draw it reposition the hole for mounting the GH3 and send it to a cnc guy. Height wise the zenmuse has enough reserves it can be widened, screws can be loosened the the top bottom brackets pulled apart.
View attachment 8174

size of the GH3

View attachment 8175

View attachment 8177

View attachment 8176

adjustable height
I am not sure though if the camera dimension are including the little metal holders for the camera belt or what ever you call it. These could be a problem

View attachment 8173

The Question is if the motors will take the extra weight of the gh3 lets see. And i am worried about the HDMI converted that it works with the GH3. But i am hoping that the Gh3 also has AV out live than it should be possible to link it to the analog signal after the HDMI converter. Yellow black cable going into the first motor on the pitch axis pretty sure thats analog and the video signal and GND.

View attachment 8178

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 338
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 342
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 239
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 299
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 241
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 303
Last edited by a moderator:

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Squeezing it in should not the the problem....

Boris ! What the hell are you doing up at this time? Yeah alright, I'm up too. But I went to bed, got too cold and had to get up for a cup of tea.

EDIT: BTW, this whole S800/WKM/Z15 rig is totally new and as yet unflown (can you believe I cannot charge the LiPo because I cannot find a 6S balance cable adapter - France is great for many things but is totally crap for finding stuff). As you have been using the Z15 for a while, how long does yours take before the Roll axis finally finds horizontal after the initialisation dance?

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Yeah I wish i could sleep, but have one of mine typical nights were i fall asleep around 10ish and than wake up an hour later not being able to fall asleep again.

Concerning the roll it differs some times it straight on after its dance and other times it take a couple secs. But there seems to be an issue with the newer FW for the Zen. I never updated to the last version. I have heard from several that they have issues with the roll staying level. Someone in Rcgroups said the compass should be recalirated, don't now if it helps.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast

Attachments

• photo 1 copy.jpg
    photo 1 copy.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 343
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 356
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 279
  • photo 2 copy.jpg
    photo 2 copy.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 538
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 478
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 438

mitmit

congrats on the new toy Boris, looks like you are ahead of the game)
do you think it will fit z15 width if you cut that metal sides belt ears?

cheers
dimitri

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp it fit width wise even with belt ears thingis already check and height it also no issue. The problem is the hand grip on the GH3 which is longer than on the gh2. Which leaves the GH3 completely unbalanced on the pitch axis. Already the AD program creating two little extensions and will bring it to the laser cutter. Just not sure because the part that gets extended i think has the pitch axis sensor on it. The question is if the zen has an issue if the sensors gyros whatever they are get replaced, even if everything stays in balance.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Really wonder what DJI will do. If they will force us to buy a new zen or bring out upgrade parts. The question also is if the motors can take the extra wight no clue. Really poking around with no clue if it will or even can work out.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
that what i mean...

Well, on behalf of all the rest of us, a big thank you to Boris for jumping in and spending his money first so that we can all see what works and what does not!

You can always stick the GH3 on the CS for the time being whilst DJI decides whether to issue a GH3 kit. Can't say I would be particularly keen to start butchering Z15/GH2 fittings. I suppose if it goes pear-shaped you can always get the GH2 mounting parts kit to return to square one.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Screw the gimbal, lets hear more about the camera! Lets see some OIS tests back to back with the Gh2. There are already a few moire videos and people filming their cats but we need to see heli specific issues like pan stabilization, 1080/60p footage, stills. I'm sure Quadrocopter will come up with something soon.

thanks

Yuri

hexa

Nice one.
I don't think the motor will damage from the extra weight. The z15 has motor protection it resets it self if motors pass a set load.

I was hoping it would have being a direct fit.
Subscribed to your further finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk