DJI 5.8G Video Link is releasing.

kloner

Aerial DP
that'll change the "at least this part is affordable" statement back a ways.

I've tried every fpv transmitter on the market and none of them have an fcc label like our radios from horizon or tower do

Attachments

• 002 (1024x768).jpg
    002 (1024x768).jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 370

srbell

$209 for 5.8ghz
$199 for OSD

When we placed our batch order were told after the 26th but I'm still waiting for confirmation on that.

Will the OSD work with my iftrontech Mondo Extreme tx (love these names lol)? Want to make sure it's not something proprietary.

Digitech

yes it will

it has 2 cable sets 1 x coonector for osd-dji Video TX
and one cable with coloured cables for your own video TX

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
yes it will

it has 2 cable sets 1 x coonector for osd-dji Video TX
and one cable with coloured cables for your own video TX

The question is with which RX it will work. In Rcgroup there were some channels stated don't remember from whom, which don't for example work with ImmersionRC RX. Foxtech was stated a compatible !

Boris

Digitech

well if you read the frequencys of both units you can allready see they are NOT compatible.
so dji will only work for now with its own 2 units.
if you own allready a Immersion you need to use both rx and tx from that brand.
foxtech can say what they want , if they read the channel mapping it tells you they are not compatible.
and further more 500mw is illegal anyway in austria and germany.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
The whole s800 zenmuse setup fully loaded over 5kg is flown illegal in Germany, probably most of the time :) I doubt that most pilots get their permits for take off.

Razzil

Are there any issues with using an EzOSD and the DJI 5.8Ghz Video downlink? Will it overlay without any issues I wonder?

hazardpro

Im sure I am having a blonde moment here....

I know how you run through the channels on the RX, but how do you set the channel you want to run on, on the TX?

Normally you can set the channel via dip pins.

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

Dewster

...just wait a while. Next thing is DJI Goggles, DJI antenna tracker, DJI camera......at the end you will get a DJI wife :tennis:

Looks like that DJI want to create their own universe like Apple did...this is going to work for a while....but Apple is close to be overrun by Android (in the iPhone market...)

Chris
If the wife looks good then I'm sold...so long as there's good updates. :)

hazardpro

thru the iosd flip the switch that controls av1 and av2 , and flip the other way
or RTFM

Hi - does that not just run through the channels on the RX? I want to know how to set the channel on the TX.

For example normally you normally have a 4pin DIP switch on the TX and you can set the channel you want to use (then you scroll through the channels on the RX to pick up that signal).

I can find any switched on the TX

Thanks

Doug

ChrisViperM

For example normally you normally have a 4pin DIN switch on the TX

What kind of transmitter do you have ?.....DIP switches are normally on dirt-cheap transmitters which come with Ready-To-Fly packages. On almost every decent transmitter you assign channel/control switch combinations in the Tx software.....

Look at 1:04 (just as an example) :

Chris

hazardpro

Hey Chris

Im talking about video links mate, not radio. :nevreness:

For example ImmersionRC TX:

View attachment 11028
By setting the DIP switches you set which channel to run on. Then on the RX (video receiver) you can scroll through the channels to sync up with the channel set on the TX (video transmitter)

This is the case on all RX/TX I have ever used EXCEPT the DJI videolink. There seems to be no way to set the channel on the TX.

Thanks

Doug

Attachments

• 10-06-2012 4-13-32 p-m-.jpg
    10-06-2012 4-13-32 p-m-.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 275

hazardpro

Hi Chris

I beleive this simply scrolls through the channels rather than set the channel to use on the RX (I may be wrong).

For example, lets say I want to specifically run on channel 5

I can scroll though the channels as above but thei wont set the channel to 5, it will just run through all the channels (and you stop when you get a good signal).

I want to specifically set a channel.

Going to get the gear out in a minute to double check....

Doug

Tahoe Ed

There is a small button inside the vTx that is accessible through a hole in the case. it is close to the led. You push it and get a red led indicating that the channel change was accepted then you get the led showing what channel was selected.

hazardpro

There is a small button inside the vTx that is accessible through a hole in the case. it is close to the led. You push it and get a red led indicating that the channel change was accepted then you get the led showing what channel was selected.

Damn I thought I had checked that thing over! :)

Thanks! just want I was after ;)

Doug