Dear DJI, you've got a problem

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Thanks for the replies, I found out that the props are stamped. Old version is 1045 and the new props have 1038 on them. Unfortunately I have the old ones.

Cheers,
Shawn

The hear the new ones are awesome, because they are strong and because they are built for higher speed motors with their lower profile design. You'll get more efficiency out of them at higher speeds and I've seen them tested to 20,000rpms for 5 minutes straight after being balanced without an incident.

RobertsUp

the easy way to tell how old your kit is by looking at the firmware in the naza

kloner I ordered my Naza alone and it was delivered two weeks ago. It wasn't included in a kit. From Century Helicopter. I would think that my unit is new. At present I wouldn't know what firmware is on it. I guess I'll find out when I start messing with the Assistant program. Dunno.

kloner

Aerial DP
when you plug it in a window pops up telling you the firmware versus whats new,,,,, we've been on 1.8 since last fall early winter..... i got one the other day and it had 1.8 installed from the factory

For clarity, my issues were with the included 1045 props. I guess they are the old ones? I have (8) of the DJI 1038s brand new in the package (4CW, 4CCW) if anyone wants them. Just won't run DJI props any longer.
I'm running the Gemfan copies of the Graupners now, very nice so far! (and cheap) Checkout those hubs..
Mark

View attachment 13641
How did you get them(gemfans) to fit the 8mm shaft on the dji motors. I received a set today, guess I am going to have to invest in a reamer.

Cheers,
Shawn

Lanzar

If only the propelers were bad i would be happy. Just too much going on with DJI and i hope they fix their support to dealers also cause we are swiming in dark a lot off times.

rosen888

A little problem i see in this thread..

The New DJI props, are not the one that comes in the F450/550 packages, it's the ones that you can buy separate..
Never seen the New props in any package since the New ones got released..

Don't know where the "DJI has bad support" comes from, have you e-mailed DJI directly, or have you talked with a dealer??
Where i work, we have a great contact with DJI, and if there is something that we can't answer directly to the customer, they are just a e-mail away, often response within an hour or so..

If your local dealer won't help you with your DJI question, you should think about where you buy your gear, most of the times, they aren't even a "real" DJI dealer..!

Last edited by a moderator:

Olemil

A little problem i see in this thread..

The New DJI props, are not the one that comes in the F450/550 packages, it's the ones that you can buy separate..
Never seen the New props in any package since the New ones got released..

Don't know where the "DJI has bad support" comes from, have you e-mailed DJI directly, or have you talked with a dealer??
Where i work, we have a great contact with DJI, and if there is something that we can't answer directly to the customer, they are just a e-mail away, often response within an hour or so..

If your local dealer won't help you with your DJI question, you should think about where you buy your gear, most of the times, they aren't even a "real" DJI dealer..!

Must be you have some old kits or something because I just bought a F450 kit a week ago and the props are 1038's, at least the 10" are, haven't looked at the 8's. Where do you find a good email address to contact DJI? I sent a message to them from their website 4 days ago through the contact link and haven't heard back yet. Maybe I should send another in case I misspelled my email address. Anyway I am very happy with my DJI kit, everything seems to be well made and assembly went flawlessly.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Where is everyone getting their DJI props from, the new ones? Do they come in different pitches other than 10x3.8? How about 10x5 in the new model?

What about these? I like the profile of them and how the lifting portion is more towards the outside. Are these considered "slow fly" though? I'm looking for more high speed sport models other than Graupners or are Graupners simply unbeatable? Thanks!

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=25688

Olemil

Sorry, when i think about it.. I actually haven't opened a package in a while. should have looked that up more carefully before saying anything! :)

About the mail-adress, we have our own contact at DJI, so any email from non dealers to her will be sent on to the same adress as the form on this site:
http://www.dji-innovations.com/company/contact/
Thank you for the contact info, I will send them another message asap. You might have kits with new style props and didn't realize it, made me look twice on mine to make sure. Thanks again for the info!!

10x3.8 is the only pitch available for the new 10" props so far. The APC 10" props are available in a couple of different pitches, and are about the same price as the DJI. Be sure you are ordering the new DJI props, some dealers are still selling the old ones right along with the new.

Cheers,
Shawn

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Here is the stock new (1038) props in stock, this is where I bought my kit. Not sure on different pitches, haven't seen too many options for the DJI's. http://www.uavproducts.com/product.php?id_product=127

I hope they come out with deeper pitch props as 3.8 just isn't going to cut it for slower spinning motors. DJI uses those 920Kv motors which are fine but for those of us using lower speed but higher torque motors and who can't fit larger props the only option is a deeper pitch. I'm currently looking for props to replace my APC props which are good but I want excellent. Thoughts anyone?

Tahoe Ed

I am glad that I have a supply of 8's and 10's graupners. It my be a while until they are available again.

rosen888

Graupner has not went out business, they have been bought by "SJ", the company that made the HOTT system.. They will rearange the company, but not close it down.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Graupner has not went out business, they have been bought by "SJ", the company that made the HOTT system.. They will rearange the company, but not close it down.

Good info, I've asked this question at least a dozen times on this forum without an answer. Are Graupners really worth the extra money and that's IS a lot of extra money for plastic. I'd like to hear from someone who used the APC props and went to Graupners if possible but any comments are fine. Thanks!

janoots2

I started flying with APC's. First of all they come way unbalanced. I've even had to throw some away right out of the package because the hole was not even drilled centered. As for flying, my craft was loud, more sensitive to the wind, and my motors and esc's came down very warm. The only benefits I have found for APC's is the are cheap and durable.

As for graupners, my esc's and motors come down cool to the touch, my craft flies super smooth and quieter, and handles the wind better. Less overall vibration for video too. Plus I don't even need to balance some of them because they are already true out of the package which saved a ton of time balancing props. Downside is they are expensive, thin and stiff so they shatter if you even tip your craft over. But we build to fly, not crash, right? :)

However, I still twist on my APC's when I'm testing a new machine or firmware though. That way if I tip it over or something, the APC's can take the beating rather than shattering $40 in graups. As soon as I'm comfortable with the craft I put graups right back on.

Last edited by a moderator:

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
I started flying with APC's. First of all they come way unbalanced. I've even had to throw some away right out of the package because the hole was not even drilled centered. As for flying, my craft was loud, more sensitive to the wind, and my motors and esc's came down very warm. The only benefits I have found for APC's is the are cheap and durable.

As for graupners, my esc's and motors come down cool to the touch, my craft flies super smooth and quieter, and handles the wind better. Less overall vibration for video too. Plus I don't even need to balance some of them because they are already true out of the package. Downside is they are expensive, thin and stiff so they shatter if you even tip your craft over. But we build to fly, not crash, right? :)

However, I still twist on my APC's when I'm testing a new machine or firmware though. That way if I tip it over or something, the APC's can take the beating rather than shattering $40 in graups.

WHAT??? They SHATTER that easily? Really? Aren't they made of plastic and I thought they were designed for electric motors which normally means they are flexible. Wow, they're too expensive to break that easy. Have you put them through any kind of hard core flying in which they would have a lot of strain on them? I wonder if they snap in the air then? Crazy!