Dear DJI, you've got a problem

janoots2

Never had one break in the air on my seven pound hexa, even when flying aggressively. Don't think they would either. It's when they hit something. They are stiff and brittle. I wouldn't fly anything else. Although I haven't tried xoars....

They don't break ALL the time, but definitely less rugged than APC's regarding impact.

Last edited by a moderator:

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Never had one break in the air on my seven pound hexa, even when flying aggressively. Don't think they would either. It's when they hit something. They are stiff and brittle. I wouldn't fly anything else. Although I haven't tried xoars....

They don't break ALL the time, but definitely less rugged than APC's regarding impact.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying you scared me for a minute lol

RobertsUp

Graupner has not went out business, they have been bought by "SJ", the company that made the HOTT system.. They will rearange the company, but not close it down.

Graupner props: Any interruption of manufacturing? Or distributing? What about the Graupner high end transmitters? I've considered getting a Graupner transmitter for $600.

RobertsUp

Sounds like Graupner Germany has been shooting itself in its feet. Graupner USA website shows product in stock. What's going on?

02deuce

Time Warped
Graupner filed for insolvency (bankruptcy) in December. It now has new owners and announced that it will be cutting back its product lines.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Graupner filed for insolvency (bankruptcy) in December. It now has new owners and announced that it will be cutting back its product lines.

Something is wrong here obviously, they sell a product they can't keep on the shelf and it's made of plastic yet they sell each one for $11+ dollars however they can't make money and their answer is to cut back production, huh? Plastic costs like nothing, $11 per item and businesses can't keep them on the shelf. Let's think here...Mafia? Money laundering? Poor business decisions? What is going on? Check out RC Timer they have "Graupner" clones made of carbon fiber and I hear they work just as well if not better. Anyone use those? Good/bad?

ChrisViperM

Graupner is now Graupner-SJ...they have been taken over by SJ-Propo who is the manufacturer of the HoTT radios....although I think that Graupner just licensed their name to a prop manufacturer, they would be plain stupid not to carry on with that cash-cow....product flow could just be interrupted until all legal issues are sorted out.

Chris

With the growing popularity of multi-propped machines, it has to be a growing product line for them.

:encouragement:

ESPECIALLY when, for certain applications, there are no other even nearly equal alternatives. In view of the situation even a year ago when one could not find Graupners hardly anywhere on the planet....it would seem reasonable to wonder if props might not be the biggest cash-cow they had.

....sT