colin guinn booted from DJI

Status
Not open for further replies.

soler

As this old thread has come back does anybody know the latest on the court battle? Has anything actually happened yet?

Dazusu

How come you posted in this thread?

If you don't do the correct setup procedure then flyaways will always be an issue. There does seem to be quite a few reports of flyaways. I've been flying DJI for a few years and have not had any problems.

Apologies. I Googled the flyaway issue and this was one of the top results; skimmed through it - and thought I'd tack my question onto the end of it.

And thanks for your input on the issue :)

I remain of the opinion that, in a majority of cases, fly-aways tend to be due to individuals who are not reading and/or following the documentation correctly. More specifically there is a lot of challenge in getting the RC transmitters mapped correctly all the way thru to the MR FC controls and/or proper hobby bench QC and digital compass caibration is not being performed completely before the initial flight(s). I have had several hundred successful flights starting with the NAZA V2 then the WKM and now the A2....... not saying it will never happen but so far I have not real issues or concerns.

CG Photo

I agree with Scott. I have over 200 hours of flight time built up now with Phantom, Naza V1, V2, Wookong and A2. Yes, it can seem like the aircraft is flying away but I have found that it is always operator error. There is a lot of learning. When you think you understand it, you will fly it further away and you will loose control sooner or later. Home lock can be great for bringing it back but if you take off and fly behind your take of point the home lock will cause the aircraft to fly away from you when you pull the stick toward you. You must learn how all the flight modes work (manual, Atti, GPS, Course Lock and Home Lock). You must do all of your learning in a very large field and throttle down to land when you can't figure out what way to fly.

Keep it close to you and low during the first 20 or so hours of learning. Spend time learning how all the flight modes work. After your first couple of hours, practice using the home lock feature at the end of every flight.

Treg

Captain Fudpucker
I also agree with Scott, I have 4 NAZAs 2 Lite 1 V1 and 1 V2 the V1 has been flying for over 2 years and has not had one problem, 90% of fly aways are pilot error IMO or builder error.

Status
Not open for further replies.