colin guinn booted from DJI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CG Photo

I thought his videos were rather informative. If DJI kicked him out I hope this is not a sign that they are going to draw further into their dark cave. We need them to have representatives to talk with and communicate with. DJI needs to be more open with customers if they want to succeed.

I got to know Colin at the DJI office here in austin, he's a decent bloke. Now as for DJI china, for all the crap they've pulled they should be jumping out of windows. Pity they weren't in N. Korea :)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
If this is true I would seriously double over laughing. I have never seen a more pompous arrogant CEO in my life that had no regard for peoples safety. Some of his videos were straight up lawsuits.
Go back to reality TV.

If they want to be successfull? what is that supposed to mean, regardless of anything else, because of their products "they ARE successfull".Regards - bruce

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
If they want to be successfull? what is that supposed to mean, regardless of anything else, because of their products "they ARE successfull".Regards - bruce

They may be monetarily successful, but as far as customer relations goes, they are far from it.

Everyone has an opinion and thousands are still buying DJI products regardless of their poor customer relations.
So why are people continuing to buy? The news about customer relations has been out there for years.
regards - bruce

My Source would not like me to divulge this. Going to have to take it as either true or false. I can say as much as I am not privy to the reasons why or what the exact terms of his leaving DJI... I am informed however it was not his choice. Anything else is speculation which I don't do.

For what it is worth I have nothing against him or DJI I think his videos were good and he mostly promoted the industry in a good way. Is DJI the perfect company no! but they are innovative and pushing the technology along and like it or hate it making it that much more affordable for the average guy.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
So this is just hearsay, a rumor at most.

Sent from my electronic telecommunications thingy majiggy, using my fingers and stuff.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
dji needs a professional manager in the US, colin wasn't that. they need the basics of an operation (management, central warehouse/distribution, service center, etc.) and they need to stop letting everyone that comes along call themselves a dealer regardless of how little experience they have. JMHO :)

it seems as if they've stopped undercutting their dealers which was a big issue early on.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
fwiw, they can also use a person to tell them when to knock off the BS and fix stuff that isn't working correctly.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Shame, I liked the guy. Headstrong and pushy. Isn't that what you want in a CEO of a new(ish) company?

A head strong CEO is ok, what we call a “Douche” here in the US is not ok to run a company.
I think that he and his girlfriend were hired to be the “pretty people” and face of the American side of the company as DJI thought all the Americans will relate to this “guys guy” and I guess many did. But personally I never could stand the dude, I hate pompous, “Up in da club” Bro-heim, jock, douche bags.

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
I bought into quadcopters after seeing Colin's Phantom videos. Alas my Phantom flew away - finger trouble? we will never know. Anyway I am now hooked on the hobby so thank you Colin. I always thought that Colin may have had the influence that could move DJI towards a mission of customer care - but was obviously wrong. Anyway no doubt Colin will turn up somewhere else and utilise his enthusiasm, perhaps he could embrace Super X with the unique USP of customer service already behind it.

DennyR

Well Guys I just heard it from the top. This is not a rumor it is true. Lets not get into any personal stuff about Colin as I'm sure it will all come out in the fullness of time. But he is no longer with DJI NA.

Status
Not open for further replies.