Cinestar gimbal keeps panning while connect servo to receiver

Hi All,

I recently purchased Cinestar Gimbal from Quadrocopter.us and assem it to my Cinestar 8. I have tested the working of the Gimbal in one man pilot and have no problem with it however when I want to use two pilot and plug the 360 servo to rudder channel in RX the servo star panning continuously as describe in the following video:

Have you got any experience with this kind of problem ??? Any suggestion for me ?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Cuong

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Coung,

your upper servo keeps on rolling because it is not connected to a Potentiometer tell it which position it is in. The Cable from the servo for the poti is hanging unconnected in the video. I dont have the 360 upgrade to my CS gimbal. But isnt there another potentiometer liek the blue thingis on the roll and tilt axis somewhere for the pan axis ? You have to connect it to that one.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast

Ah okay how i understand it you dont need a potentiometer for the top servos for panning.

Okay check your servos, do they all servos have two servo cable coming out of them or are there two that have two cable coming out and one that only has on cable coming out ?

Boris

Ah okay how i understand it you dont need a potentiometer for the top servos for panning.

Okay check your servos, do they all servos have two servo cable coming out of them or are there two that have two cable coming out and one that only has on cable coming out ?

Boris

Hi Boris,

It is you again :) Really appreciated that.

The Top servo has 2 cable coming out ... and one cable I plug it to the rudder channel in RX... another cable I have not connected it to anything

Regarding your question related to assembling the Gimbal, The gimbal comes with self assembly and I just put some simple work to it

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Coung thats the problem.

You have 3 servos !

2 Servos have two cable coming out looking like this :

View attachment 3561

Than you have 1 servo were only one cable is coming out, the cable that i am pointing my finger to is not present in that one servo.

View attachment 3560

You have to mount the 2 servos with the two cable coming out to your roll and tilt axis and connect the second cable to the potentiometer

View attachment 3562

The third servoe with only one cable you mount to the pan axis it dosent need a external potentiometer, it has the potentiometer inside.

Than things will work,

Attachments

• potino.jpg
    potino.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 289
  • potiyes.jpg
    potiyes.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 238
  • potentiometer.jpg
    potentiometer.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 219

Unfortunately all my three servos have 2 cable coming out ... :(

I sent an email to Quadrocopter and they said that they are in busy and can not look into my issue in the upcoming time :((

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Cuong, if you dont find anything and dont get it to work make a picture of the top servos and the top plate and i will direct the kopterworx guys to the thread tomorrow its a matter of seconds for them to know what not correct and they will help you !

Boris

Hi Boris,

I just call Quadrocopter, 3 times already and send email to Carsten to show that all my servo have 2 cable coming out. I myself had got several problem regarding the service at Quadrocopter previously however I can not think that they could send me the wrong part :(

Here are the picture for your reference

View attachment 3563

Attachments

• IMG_8776.jpg
    IMG_8776.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 356

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Dont worry matjaz or lanzer will take a look at it tomorrow any you will know what the problem is.

If no one else that has the 3 axis or the 360 upgrade answer before i will take care that you get an answer

Boris

Hi Boris,

Thanks for giving me a hand in this situation.

I just want to make sure that what exactly is the problem ?

Thanks,

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Cuong there has to be an additional part that you got that you have to stick into the second cable from the pan servo. Its a resistor, dont you have any addtional part that looks like the thing Jeff has plugged into the second cable from the pan servo ?

Boris

Lanzar

Hello!!

I see Jeff has alreedy posted the video on how to. It is usually the trim problem. I dont think he is missing the servo poti brick :). Let us know if u dont fix it. If u dont, pls explain in what channel of the reciver did u plu it in and what transmiter/reciver are u using.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
It does look though like he is missing it.

View attachment 3575

Lanzar I am amazed by the speed of shipment you guys offer now. One can fly and feel safer :) Knowing the spare parts are there next day if needed :)

Boris

Attachments

• potibrick.jpg
    potibrick.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 260

Thanks for your help. However the problem still persit and I can conclude that it is due to the servo :(( I will post a video for your information later :((