Building first drone and new to this

Hoki

I donno what ur saying. Ao i just hooked up the apm thingy i have and went through the initial calibration but when im doing the compass calibration with the dots and u gotta move it all around it wont work right when i have the gps connected to it but it will work great and make lots of pretty dots and quickly say its calibrated if the gps isnt connected so im wondering if thats how its supposed to work

Old Man

To be completely legal I suppose we will have to tattoo that registration number on our backsides in order to show the law each registrant has numbers in the aircraft that match those assigned to the person. Let's see now, I wonder what script would best fit the registration numbers FLIMFLAMMED?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoki

Im confused about modes so im useto the mode that makes it go up n down with the left stick and also spin and use the right stick to move foward n back and side to side. Is that mode 2 or mode 1? Cause from what i see online it seems like mode 2 but on my syma x8w it says mode 1 for that configuration

Hoki

So im not sure what mode i need to get the radiolink in. Can i make it whatever mode i want?

F

fengshuidrone

Mode two is throttle (up/down) and yaw(spin) on the left stick, and pitch (forward and back) and roll (side to side) on the right stick.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
But why does it say mode 1 on my syma remote but the operation is mode 2

Buying cheap quads usually has stuff like this lurking. they're fun but there's always that little bit of added adventure when stuff doesn't quite work as described in the manual.

F

fengshuidrone

I have a Syma remote and I can make it either mode 1 or 2. Is your transmitter the white one with red buttons? says Syma right above the on off button? If so then your mode switch for going between the mode1 and mode2 is the farthest to the right switch/button below the right stick. The little buttons that are split into four orange slice shaped pieces. The furthest one to the right will change your transmitter between mode 1 and mode 2. When you press it you can reverse the sticks. The little round "buttons" in the middle of the "orange slice" buttons are just there for looks and do nothing.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hoki, I apologize for them.

What have you received so far and what have you been able to figure out?

The holidays and my regular job have me a little busy right now so the group build and the videos that will go along with it haven't been started yet. Keep flying, keep reading, and try to figure out whatever you can until we can get the group build started. Whatever you do, don't cut any wires or attach the battery to anything unless you're really absolutely sure that you know what you're doing.

and no more posts with all capital letters please, that can be your new year's resolution. :)

Hoki

why the HELL are propeller guards for the s500 frame so expensive. I have to pay as mush as I paid for the the frame for just guards?!

Old Man

You might want to ask yourself if prop guards are really necessary. Will they perform the function they are intended for? Are they frangible, permitting them to break if impacted? Do they truly prevent personal contact with the propeller from more than one angle? Are they rigid enough not to be deflected when making contact with an external object?

Hoki

holy butt cakes! guess what! I just ordered this and other little bits and whatnots. I found a place not far from me too!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191727204713?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I'm thinking when I put it together I won't bother with those connectors and just solder everything together and put like shrink tubes over it since it's so small anyway.

I find a lot of inexpensive camera and transmitters but those monitors with the built in antennas are so expensive. I've seen this one for around 50 dollars that had a camera with built in transmitter and a 4 inch monitor with built in receiver that's for a toy drone and I'm thinking maybe I should get that but I don't want it to be crappy but it says it's 5.8ghz or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

rupP

The monitor is a part that you will also use for future builds. Suggest you get a good one now. A good sized one too, at least 7". No good if you can't see much, you may well kick yourself if you get a crappy little one now.
Have you trebled you original budget yet ? ;)

Hoki

oh I don't really have a budget but I always wanna get the best deals I can get. Never really set a budget I donno what this type of stuff should cost.