Building first drone and new to this

Hoki

omg is the only place I can buy a quanum i8 at hobbyking website? I gotta pay l ike 20 dollars for shipping!

F

fengshuidrone

When you get your ESCs they will have a built in power supply to power your flight controller called a BEC (battery eliminator circuit). This will supply the 5v that your FC needs. There will be a triple wire coming off your ESCs. It will have a red, a black, and probably white or yellow usually hooked together in a strip of wires (a connected bunch of three) The red wire is your +5v, the black is ground, and the white or yellow is signal that hooks up to your FC in the motor pins. Even though every ESC will have this, only use ONE of the +5v wires to power your FC. Just hook up the signal wires on the other three. Quanum is a HobbyKing name that they use on stuff that they make or have made for them. I have their Quanum FPV headset. It is something that they actually have made just for them to sell exclusively. I searched for that TX and it only shows up at HK. Yes throttle gives it power to fly. Look at that diagram that Bartman gave you and remember the mode 2 gimbal set movements. It's stuff you need to learn. After looking more closely at the APM FC I see you will be hooking up your ESCs in the OUTPUTS section. I don't see a dedicated power in port but there might be one. If it has a place to plug in just a +5 and a ground, do that following APM's instructions and not mine.
Also, it looks like that Quanum TX is designed to work specifically with your APM FC and with multirotors in mind. From the switches it has on it I don't see how that is possible but that is just my opinion. I use a different FC and TX.

Last edited:

Hoki

for fu@k sake. uhhhhhh I hate paying shipping fees. I guess a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do

F

fengshuidrone

for fu@k sake. uhhhhhh I hate paying shipping fees. I guess a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do
Wait till you get something from them that doesn't worko_O Kiss the high shipping goodbye. They only refund the cost of the bad part. They do this by not replacing the bad part but by refunding the part cost (not including the S&H) to your account there at HK, usually that plus like a dollar more.:confused: To me that's like highway robbery.:mad::eek:o_O:(:p
When you go to build your craft, post a thread in the builds forum and we can help as you go along. Be prepared to post photos to show us things.:rolleyes:

Hoki

I'M EXCITED TODAY CAUSE A LOT OF THE STUFF I ORDERED IS COMING IN THE MAIL! YAYYYYYY I STILL NEED TO GET THAT TRANSMITTER FROM HOBBYKING, I ORDERED THIS BUZZER THING THAT HAS LEDS ON IT TOO BUT I DONNO HOW TO HOOK IT UP, I KNOW WHERE TO PLUG THE BUZZER PART IN BUT IT HAS LEADS THAT SHOW ABOUT THE GPS AND ANOTHER ONE FOR SOMETHING ELSE AND I DONNO WHERE IT WOULD GO.

F

fengshuidrone

I'M EXCITED TODAY CAUSE A LOT OF THE STUFF I ORDERED IS COMING IN THE MAIL! YAYYYYYY I STILL NEED TO GET THAT TRANSMITTER FROM HOBBYKING, I ORDERED THIS BUZZER THING THAT HAS LEDS ON IT TOO BUT I DONNO HOW TO HOOK IT UP, I KNOW WHERE TO PLUG THE BUZZER PART IN BUT IT HAS LEADS THAT SHOW ABOUT THE GPS AND ANOTHER ONE FOR SOMETHING ELSE AND I DONNO WHERE IT WOULD GO.
Hey Hoki. Bartman is going to yell at you again if you keep typing in all caps. It sort of breaks forum etiquette. It doesn't bother me but others will get upset about it. This is Bartmans site so you might want to not do that if he already asked you once like he did already.

Hoki

yes, I already got the battery in the mail, it's so big and thick. it's a flouren or something like that. 3c 5500 I think. 11.1 I didn't want to get a clone so I hope I didn't. I didn't know ebay and a lot of other places have clones. I ordered all my parts from aliexpress and that all comes from china so hopefully I got lucky if it is a clone. I think I'll get the real deal too from that 3d website since I know about that now cause I wanna build a small one too so I'll need another FC anyways. I already got all my drone stuff in the mail but my mom made me put it under the Christmas tree

Hoki

I just ordered Andoer Original SKYRC iMAX B6 Mini Professional Balance Charger / Discharger for RC Lipo Battery Charging

F

fengshuidrone

That's a nice charger. Learn how to use the balance charge function on it. That big ass battery you bought could charge at up to 5.5 amps safely I think.

Hoki

omg I love how its so big and thick. I bet it's gonna make the drone I build fly for a long time.

Hoki

uhhh I'm so bored at work, can't wait to go home and play. I gotta put my tens on my back now I'm so sore!