Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Hello all
I wonder if any of you are able to help me please. ( Have also asked Bartman )
I am in the middle of building a naza gps discovery x8 and a flat naza gps octo pic of my build so far below:-

I saw a you tube video of a guy testing a x8 while connected to a mains supply and a short training stand, so he could test all controls for an hour without continually changing batteries.
My question to you and fellow enthusiasts is do you or anyone else know how to do this?

Thanks for any suggestions (including what forum i should really be asking this question in if its the wrong one.)

View attachment 9835

Attachments

• x8 with gopro.jpg
    x8 with gopro.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 296
Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
check this video

dji ist giving the s800 a 72 hour test. All you really need is strings and weights attached to the arms of you bird and a power supply giving off the amount of A you need.

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks boris but

What power supply giving off what amount of A i need?
the video does nothing to answer my original question
now i have seen 2 videos that dont help me find out how to run from the mains

I am trying to find out what power supply i need and where to get one/build one

Any help mutch appreciated

Tiggy

jdmagoo

Boris did you end up flying this beast? Would love to see a video.

Also, reading through the thread I see you had your AQ replaced for a new one. Did the replacement fix your calibration issues? And have you thought about using the AQ on this beast again? How do you find the AQ compared to the WKM and other FC's you have used? Very interested in your feedback.

keep up the good work, very impressed!!!

james

AustinFPV

FPV Recon
Thanks boris but
What power supply giving off what amount of A i need?
Any help mutch appreciated

Tiggy

We can't tell you what PS you would need. You'll want either 12V or 16V depending on whether you fly 3S or 4S and it needs to supply enough current to hover your machine. You would measure this with a watt meter or guess high from motor/prop charts. Here are some to choose from.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Boltzman i can talk to my cnc guy but they are really expensive i am still p.....d :( about it.
Just to make it clear I personally dont sell anything I would just pass on the request !

I can send you the CAD files though, or best it to ask a CNC guy in which format he need it

Bortis

Boltzman

Hi!

Thanks!

For a second round of productioin, what do you believe the cost would be? I would take around 10 arms. Are all parts included to make it fit on the disco frame plates?

How stable do you find these arms?
What is the motor to motor distance?
What is the rectangual dimension of your tbs disco with your new arms, excluding props?
What prop size do you use and what is the maximum size?
What is the weight and size of each arm.

My current tbs disco with nex5 brushless gimbal works great but i've started to love it so much and want to fly more aggresivly. GotheliRC gimbal is great, no want some even stiffer arms? Have you seen any other options for stiffer DJI arms?

Or even a foldavle dead cat design?

Maby thanks

Boltzman i can talk to my cnc guy but they are really expensive i am still p.....d :( about it.
Just to make it clear I personally dont sell anything I would just pass on the request !

I can send you the CAD files though, or best it to ask a CNC guy in which format he need it

Bortis

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
How stable do you find these arms?

They are super stabile not flex nothing just like in the QAV 500

What is the motor to motor distance?

A little more than with the DJI arms I wanted to be able to fit 11 inch.

What is the rectangual dimension of your tbs disco with your new arms, excluding props?

Left motor middle to right motor middle 45.5 cm Left motor middle to back left motor middle 29 cm

What prop size do you use and what is the maximum size?

Using tem at the moment 11 is possible.

What is the weight and size of each arm.

Cant tell yeah would have to take it apart, the last thing i need is one more construction site at the moment :)

Their is a thread in the OP forum:
http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/12568-tbs-–-discovery-build-gs4322-john-with-aluminum-arms/

HI Borris

I am busy putting together an x quad in the similar shape (asymmetrical) with the autoquad board..
I just cant get it working! It flips over forward on takeoff.. DO you think it has to do with the asymmetry?
Di you mod your mix table?

Thanks

Graham