heres one for, Motor failure question on my 550

jhardway

I was outside and running my f550 (hexa copter) when I lifted it up and start to fly. When it was only about 20seconds into the flight my number one motor seemed to slowly shut down, I was pretty low to the ground and I dumped the throttle, it did a very minor crash. Nothing was hurt mainly because of the height. When I then examined the craft I started to smell like and electrical fire order, when I examined all the motors (AVROTO) I found it was the same motor that seemed to cut out.

I then took the craft over to the side in soft grass where i turned the props to see if it was gone, I was able to see them all work then the same happened, I let it fly at 1 foot off the ground where I found the same motor shut down again about 20 seconds into it. When I unplugged the battery usually the motors will have some type of light resistance, the motor with the issues seemed to free spin with no resistance.

My question to you do you think its a motor problem or an ESC (maytach harrier), In the long run I know the motor its gone, its about a year old with guessing 100 hours max on it.

What do you think I should do in general replace the motor?, motor and ESC?, or all the motors in general?, If this happened, would this be something the others may follow suite with???

look forward to hear what other have to say. Its been a crazy week for me. all it good though.

thanks Jack

tstrike

pendejo grande
After a hundred hours and a years time are any of the 3 wires coming off the motor frayed that could be shorting out on the motor housing? That's a lotta mileage out of one of those! Take it apart and do an autopsy.