BNUC-s vs. RPQ-s?

Quinton

Flight test done 12th August.
OM Submitted to CAA on 29th of August, finally got PFAW through today 13th October.
Better start working on next years, only another 8 months before its due again :)

HexCam

Flight test done 12th August.
OM Submitted to CAA on 29th of August, finally got PFAW through today 13th October.
Better start working on next years, only another 8 months before its due again :)

I heard recently that they are on 6-8 weeks at the moment. Couldn't believe it but obviously that is correct. I would strongly suggest that people submit their renewals at least 2 months before they are due to ensure continuity otherwise you put yourself on very rocky ground with insurance etc.
Elliott

Stratifier

Guys!
I passed my RPQ-s Flight Assessment yesterday! I was a bit stressed of course but finally it was great and I enjoyed it very much! Now I have to send my operations manual for review and hope to get permission soon! Very Happy! :)

I just wanted to (slightly belatedly) say a big thank you to Andrew Bailey & EuroUSC for a very professionally run BNUC-S ground school/exam in Leeds 22/23rd October. :encouragement:

Having achieved the result I wanted, I now have the slightly less daunting task of producing my Ops manual, that's if I can get my head round the CAA's latest safety case update.

Palin

Hi Mike! I may just have scraped a 100% ;-)

I've ditched the overpowered ones in favour of the 25mW Immersions and added the helicoidal antennae. God knows if I'll get a decent signal, but thought I should try! I'm trying to recall now, did you have the Align?

Hi Mike! I may just have scraped a 100% ;-)

I've ditched the overpowered ones in favour of the 25mW Immersions and added the helicoidal antennae. God knows if I'll get a decent signal, but thought I should try! I'm trying to recall now, did you have the Align?

Good result! I 'only managed' 97% :livid:
Still awaiting the Align as they have only just started shipping in the last few days :-(

Yeah.. not worried really, there were 3 or 4 really ambiguously worded Q's on the paper I had, so TBH I expected 1 or 2 might be wrong.

My aim is to get the Align to 6999 grams (& from info I have it's looking promising), but the latest CAA safety case update for congested areas may make it irrelevant anyway. I have to fully understand how it affects things. 'If' it means that everything sub 20kg is dealt with the same, I will get a lot longer flying time with bigger capacity Lipo's!

Palin

Yeah.. not worried really, there were 3 or 4 really ambiguously worded Q's on the paper I had, so TBH I expected 1 or 2 might be wrong.

My aim is to get the Align to 6999 grams (& from info I have it's looking promising), but the latest CAA safety case update for congested areas may make it irrelevant anyway. I have to fully understand how it affects things. 'If' it means that everything sub 20kg is dealt with the same, I will get a lot longer flying time with bigger capacity Lipo's!

Yeah, I was thinking is read as everything sub-20. I'm kind of assuming that the battery capacity we use for the flight test is what we'll have to stick with too as you have to specify if in the ops manual. Slightly frustrating that. It would have been nice to switch between a sub-7kg pack and a long-flight pack.

As I understand it so long as you don't go over your stated/specified MTOM for the aircraft in your Ops you can put whatever battery set up you want on.

mkheng

I heard today that someone has a PfAW without submitting an ops manual and of someone else that has renewed their PfAW without having to renew their BNUC.

Anyone else know of anything similar?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

markuav

Hello. I've just been reading this thread and it raises some very interesting points. I'm going through EuroUSC to get the BNUC-S qualification and am worried that there were lots of mentions of amendments to the Operations Manual. I am currently filling this out having passed Part A of the course recently. I was wondering if anyone could provide any hints and tips of possible things that can go wrong with the Operations Manual? I have been provided with a template and have been working around that so far.