Align M690

Brilliant, thank you. Just been and tested RTH 4 times, a lot quicker than the DJI! Also tested the POI works a treat and now know you dont have forward cyclic when set.
Happy with the setup now, so going to fit the gimbal.

Brilliant, thank you. Just been and tested RTH 4 times, a lot quicker than the DJI! Also tested the POI works a treat and now know you dont have forward cyclic when set.
Happy with the setup now, so going to fit the gimbal.
I agree c/w Naza, RTH is definitely rapid both in the FC's 'decision to' & 'how it goes about it'.
Personally I would prefer a little bit more sublety.

Just had 8 mins to 30% remaining out of 1x Overlander 5000mAh cells carring 900g balast, which is the same as I get with Align's heavier 5200's.
So I'm happy I can use 2x these with gimbal/GH4 & keep under 7kg for reasonble flight time.

synrg

T-Byrd 3 I agree return the FatSharks and H3-3D and get the ALIGN G2 (Coming Soon) and ALIGN VTX/OSD (Available Now @ AMain and others). I'm using the Boscam LCD5802 and it works great with the ALIGN VTX/OSD. M480L and M690L both come with the gimbal mounts for the G2 so installation will be super simple and G2 will come with cables to hook up your HERO4 video to the VTX/OSD. That way everything will play nicely together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is anyone else having problems with the HDMI video out?

I fitted my Black Magic pocket cinema to the Gimbal, the blue LED lights up and then goes out.
Followed the instructions and soldered the jumper to the board, still doing the same thing!! Have the IOS info but no video just blue screen.

No problems with the HDMI video out from my GH4, it powers up whenever I switch the camera on & stays on.
It's slightly annoying as it draws current from the camera battery, & if you want to review video on the camera screen it won't let you as the camera is doing a live feed, so you end up unplugging it every time.

Frustrating as Align list the camera as an option, so at the moment that's £1900 and cant get it working!

You could power your camera from the 12v feed on the gimbal, Or is that just 12v in?

The 12v port is to power the gimbal, say on a 3rd party frame or handheld rig.
The 5.8v from the s-bus port I use to power an Rx mounted on the gimbal

That was another question I have spektrum and it says to attach a spektrum satellite for 2 TX system but does not say anywhere how to bind to the second TX as not using a receiver (No bind plug)

Same as I am trying to get the gimbal to tune to give anything like stable footage from the gh4, but there you go.
Early adopters always end up working out the bugs :-(

Did you sort the gimbal tuning? Did mine today, started with motors chattering but realised the manual for balancing is a bit confusing.
Did mine again and bingo its solid!

I keep doing a bit. Then flying watching the video realising there are wobbles/twitches tweaking a bit...getting there slowly.
You can have it looking fine on the bench or in hand & find the aerial video isn't anything like as good.

I had a look at your post, many thanks
Good to hear you are getting good results with yours (a 5D?).
Have you stuck with suggested/stock gains? As half the suggestions on gains from Align are useless for a GH4 with Olympus 12mm IMHO