Align M690

In principle FW changes will not affect how BT affects the FC, as it is interference with GPS Rf signal reception that it caused.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Raydee

So it almost defeats the purpose of even using the BT module since I still have to remove the canopy and plug it in each time.

The BT module supposedly powers down when the motors are unlocked & powered up for take off. So it's not exactly useless.

Also it's easy enough to plug & unplug if you use it on the G3 gimbal.

Raydee

So if powers down when the motors are unlocked then how is it causing any interference with the GPS? BTW I am using the G2 Gimbal, does it have the same BT connection as the G3?

Slows GPS aquisition & home point recording to the point where you can wait forever depending on site.
Dunno on G2, never used one, all I know about them is nobody rates them as they are forever resetting in even gentle flight. To the point where most people think they are flawed.

Raydee

Well there is no doubt that the G2 has some issues. I have been flying Align heli's for years and I am holding out on the G2 to see if they come out with a fix. I have pretty good luck with mine in Follow mode, Lock mode is a different story.

Raydee

Actually I am going to take back anything bad I have said about the G2 gimbal. I have about 40-50 flights on my G2 gimbal using the Hero 3+ Silver camera and I have not had a single problem, reset or anything like that. I did tweak the PID's out of the box and maybe I just got extremely lucky?

Anyway I am now looking to buy the FPV/OSD from Align and will be hooking it up to my G2 gimbal. I thought I read somewhere that they do not work good together? Does anyone here have this combo and if so is there anything that I should worry about using them together?

AzViper

Actually I am going to take back anything bad I have said about the G2 gimbal. I have about 40-50 flights on my G2 gimbal using the Hero 3+ Silver camera and I have not had a single problem, reset or anything like that. I did tweak the PID's out of the box and maybe I just got extremely lucky?

Anyway I am now looking to buy the FPV/OSD from Align and will be hooking it up to my G2 gimbal. I thought I read somewhere that they do not work good together? Does anyone here have this combo and if so is there anything that I should worry about using them together?

Lets see a video of your G2 in action. That's the tailtail sign... You should not have any issues with the OSD using a GP3+. I just sold my GP3+'s cause they are not up to GP standards. You would think the Plus version would be better than the 3 version but its not... I bought a 4 Black as a replacement. I dumped the crap G2 as many have. You must have gotten very lucky cause most in the Facebook pages have replace their gimbal or boxed it up... My latest video using the outstanding ZhiYun-Tech Z1 Tiny 2 gimbal, pulled from the box and its ready to go....

D18WWR.jpg

JlpPMj.jpg

dns1mx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: