Align M690

My thoughts were that the price would be the same in UK as it seems to be for a lot of stuff (i.e. £ for $)
If so I think S900 has my money :concern:

Buzz_Roavr

I hate to be the first/early adopter of anything but this is looking really interesting.

I agree... I have to say though I have had their Helis in the past and they were well made pieces of kit. It will be interesting to see some gimbal details.

I wonder if this machine hitting the market was the main reason for the S900 and it's current price point?

I agree... I have to say though I have had their Helis in the past and they were well made pieces of kit. It will be interesting to see some gimbal details.

I wonder if this machine hitting the market was the main reason for the S900 and it's current price point?

Undoubtedly they new about it and wanted to get the S900 to market before this.
The fact that the S900 legs were initially too short for the z15 suggests a certain 'rush' rather than 'test'.
Whether we will see the S900/z15 discounted now to compete directly will be interesting to see. Especially with the thunder tiger big quad about to launch as well. DJI have had it too easy too long.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Buzz_Roavr

I don't think that Info is available yet. That's all that is stopping me from back ordering one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
I'm interested in these things, but, if my experience with Align helicopters is any guide, this thing will have good mechanics, mediocre electronics (motors and ESCs) and pretty crap electronics. Nobody likes Align's flybarless controllers, and the APS autopilot isn't very good from what I've seen. I'm not sure why this would be better.

Old Man

Was in conversation with Addictive RC about this today. He's going to buy one for his business. I told him to keep me up to date on how it works out. Essentially I'll let a few others go first before serious consideration. The gimble is right reasonable in price though.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Ooops, that should have read:

I'm interested in these things, but, if my experience with Align helicopters is any guide, this thing will have good mechanics, mediocre electronics (motors and ESCs) and pretty crap software.

Where are the gimbals for sale?

I love prop mount on the M480L. How brilliant is that? Align knows how to run a CNC machine, you have to give them that.

Old Man

Don't know if they are for sale quite yet. They have it pictured as an option for the M690 at Addictive's website. The conversation I had with John put the pricing at ~$1,800.00, roughly same as the 690 kit. Two axis, which is just fine for me since I don't chase anything and can yaw a copter just fine with how I fly.

synrg

Per their brochure "stand alone system can be operated separately"
baqezyzy.jpg