Aerial MOB arm extensions for dji based frames

Vortex

Thanks Guys, I really just want to improve the Disco's stability and increase the flight duration. I am not going to add a big gimbal or increase the weight.

Regards,

Lance

SamaraMedia

I'm running T-Motor MN3508 380kv, 14", 4s for about 13 minutes but thinking of converting to 6s and 12" or 13" props just to see the difference. Pulling around 12amp on hover and up to 22-24 when ff in ATTI.

kloner

Aerial DP
a high amp reading can be

motor failing/bad bearing
bad prop balance
bad motor alignment
cold solder joint

if it's new never crashed my money would be on prop balance and motor alignmet, if a prop has ever broke my attention swings towards the bearing going out. Try reving it up ont he bench propless and feel for vibrations through the throttle range.... afterwards feel for heat in esc and motor, either indicates where the problem is....

I have balanced all my props and decided to put my second battery on the top now let see how many time and Amp draw on this setup.. I pray....
ae7fe858ce390283eb4fcfa5eff33ac8.jpg

The yaw problem is fixed !! Anyone has this problem on aerial mob its a weigh problem.... I bought a second batterie in parallel, put it on the top or under the quad on front to balance the weight now with 2 batterie and all thw fpv setup i fly 35 min so great !!!

kloner

Aerial DP
That indicates too low of throttle hover that was doing it if adding weight fixed it.... lack of yaw authority from too low of rpm.... smaller props for 1 battery, i run 12's on 400kv, 1x 4000 mah tbs battery

SamaraMedia

Is that on 6s for the 12"? I'm running 14" on 5200 4s with MN3508 - 380kv, seems to work ok, about 13-14 minutes flight, fairly stable except in windy situations, having some trouble finding right gains. Flew on a windy day a few days ago and was considering shelving it for a while 'til I get it sorted out but took it out the next morning, calm conditions and it flew great on almost default settings for NAZA. Wondering if I should go to smaller props? Started with 11" with same battery but with SunnySky 2814 - 700.

kloner

Aerial DP
the 12's steady it up in wind on 6s. also lets it lean further into the power band for speed

i think one of my guys tried 11 or 12" on 4s 500kv and had a couple premature not enough lift and it went in episodes.... bigger props cured it.... something with voltage drop and weight vs. thrust

SamaraMedia

Out doing a little gain adjustments on my Disco Pro with Aerial MOB arms and seem to be getting quite a bit of bounce in the gimbal these days. Not sure if it is AlexMos PID related siince I'm using the TBS jello guard which adds 11g to one side offsetting the balance or that the standard settings may not be enough for the added speed and wind resistance caused by the larger wingspan with the arm mods.

Kloner, looking at your photos in the first post, you're suing a ND filter which adds weight. Did you make any adjustments to the stock PID's in the gimbal settings? It looks like you have the standard orange and yellow rubber isolators in place, have you put in stiffer ones? I have the gimbal dampner upgrade install since this is V1 of the Pro. I'm running MN3805 380kv, 14" props with 5200 4s.

I'm getting some FVP camera interference too but a lot of that I'm chalking up to flying 5.8 and having trees come between me and the quad while flying through the fields. Gains on the NAZA V1 with V2 IMU are slightly above default settings. I fly mostly in ATTI but use GPS is some instances and for the DJI mini iOSD.

Another concern is the difference in the voltage draw from the CORE reading compared to the iOSD readings. At hover the iOSD shows anywhere from 0.4 -1.3 amps while the CORE shows around 11-13 amps during same period. Wondering which one I should believe.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sUCSaOryok0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
the filter does not change the gimbal setting. if it's unpowered and you feel any binding in the gimbal, loosen all the gimbals screws and retighten them once it's totaly loose, it'll reset all the angles and gets pressure off the motors. it could also be the aircraft bouncing around....

iosd doesn't have a current sensor so the amp draw has to be confused with something else. 11-13 amps sounds right. you should see something more towards 8-9 amp hovering, if not i'd question motor alignment

kloner

Aerial DP
black and yellow, no head banger mod like you have but mines not perfect..... this is no filter

Last edited by a moderator: