A bit of desperation: Naza F450 motors won't start with CSC

EagleEye

Dear fellow multirotor-flyers and/or builders,

this is my first thread on this board and it's written in desperation. After many hours of trying and testing every tipp or hint I found on the net and in the Naza's manual, I'm a bit frustrated as I can't get my Naza F450 to work.

My F450 is all set up and built, but it just won't start if I try to use one of the CSC "startup-gestures". When I turn on the whole system, all ESCs do beep two times and then do this 1234-melody (or is it 12345? I guess you know what I mean). But one motor beeps more often for a few times (without any "melody") before it does the melody as well. I've seen videos around where people don't have one motor do this additional beeping, but I couldn't find out what it means.

I followed all instructions in DJIs manual and allready asked about it on a very helpful german board, but still couldn't find any solution.

Just a bit of background information:

- I updated the software-assistant to the newest version and it works properly
- TX is Spektrum DX6i, RX is Spektrum AR 6200 w/ satellite. Rx and satellite state they're connected (LED is staying on). Even tried and bound it to a OrangeRX, but that didn't make the CSC motor-start-gestures work neither
- In the software, Motor Mixer is Quad-rotor x, Tx is calibrated, no channel is on reverse accidently. Receiver Type is set to Tradition, Cut Off Type is set to Intelligent (tried "IMM" as well, didn't work either)
- U-Channel is calibrated for a two-position-switch on my Rx, position 1 is Atti-Mode, pos. 2 is Manual mode
- I tried different settings on my Rx, including trimming and no trimming and expanding travel up to 125 % - still no reaction to the CSC
- Rx and Tx are bound, no errors on the naza assistant software. LED of Naza VU is flashing yellow every few seconds, indicating atti-mode. Tried to start in manual mode, too, but without success. When I perform one of the CSCs, the Naza-VU flashes yellow two times (at faster speed, telling me that I made some unkown input) and then continues to flash as Atti mode.
- When I connect one of the ESCs to the throttle-port of my Rx directly it powers the motor well
- I even tried to power up the ESCs first and the VU second, to give thos ESCs time to initiate - no success

I even tried the different settings like voltage meter on/off, IMM/Intelligent mode, and so on. I really don't know what to do next. All those older threads I found on the net, posted by people with similar problems, were resolved by one of the stated steps I took. But unfortunately they don't work for me.

Every hint, tipp or trick is appreciated, I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Best wishes,

EE

kloner

Aerial DP
did you do the esc throttle calibration where you plug in each esc to the throttle port and boot it at full throttle, wait for tone, drop throttle, do the next? if not, what esc's so we can find your manual...... if there dji esc's. never mind, but it didn't sound like it by the tones you describe

EagleEye

In fact they are the DJI ESCs, so I don't need to calibrate them, right? Eventually I tried to, but it wouldnt switch to a programmable mode.

kloner

Aerial DP
your description of the startup tone is wrong.... somethings crashing there. put your heli in manual and plug everything in. make us a video of the light so we can see what it's doing

kloner

Aerial DP
i don't think that's the latest firmware but it doesn't matter for this. open naza assistant, the software on your pc, open tx cali and film what the green bars do when you hit the CSC..... i want to see if they go all the way to the ends or stop short.

Is there any d/r programmed into the radio?

EagleEye

A video is on the way. Firmware is 2.02. At least three CSC are dead on, on one try on the video I don't know if it was me (one-handed CSC while filming wasn't that easy) or the radio. D/R is 100 %.

kloner

Aerial DP
dam dude, you got everything like i'd have mine....... on the firmware i got last, it either beeps once or twice and that's it..... no follow through beeps. all the firmwares before did

whod you get naza from?

EagleEye

It was a set with the F450 frame from firstpersonview.co.uk, already contacted their support. I'm really frustrated because it doesn't work while everything is set up in a way that works for others.

VINHEX

Not sure as not worked on Naza do you have a Red light on unit? If not coujs be failed firmware update and needs resetting

meme

Reverse the R Channel and try to start the motors again.
-meme

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar thing happened on my Wkm replacement V2 MC, now on it's way back for replacement.

Try to short the Naza so you can reset the device. Some directions were posted by DJI a while ago. My guess is that the firmware flashing procedure is bricking the device.

EagleEye

I remember resetting works with connecting F1 and F2 with a servo cable, am I right? Don't want to burn this thing.