A bit of desperation: Naza F450 motors won't start with CSC

EagleEye

Not sure as not worked on Naza do you have a Red light on unit? If not coujs be failed firmware update and needs resetting

Sorry for the late reply. The Naza glows red (no flashing).

VINHEX

3s Is fine I knew someone was having issues with there unit and they were running a 2S which had insufficient power..

VINHEX

I'm thinking this could be the channel settings but this may have been mentioned could be that one needs to be reversed. If all else fails there is a way to reset the NAZA for a firmware upgrade to make sure..

You can connect "F1" and "F2" port with a 3-pin servo cable, then do the firmware upgrade again to restore it. This may help..

EagleEye

I'm thinking this could be the channel settings but this may have been mentioned could be that one needs to be reversed. If all else fails there is a way to reset the NAZA for a firmware upgrade to make sure..

You can connect "F1" and "F2" port with a 3-pin servo cable, then do the firmware upgrade again to restore it. This may help..

I guess I'll get some minutes of sleep (worked the early shift on a radio station) and then tear the whole thing apart, do every step again, reset the Naza and see what will happen. :-/

johnthorn

When you wake up and reset everything make sure the throttle is in the fully closed position when you bind the TX to the rx, as if it wasnt the DX6i sends funny signals on connecting the rx to power, put a servo on the Rx throttle channel and see it jump about till it binds in normal mode, this could be confusing the Naza?

EagleEye

Almost forgot: Does anyone of you still have the Naza software assistant 1.2? There are several guys out there that had the same problem as I do right after they updated to 1.6 / 1.8, so I'd really like to downgrade my Naza. But the 1.2 assistant is no longer available at DJI's website.

EagleEye

I finally got it!

Thank you all for contributing to this thread and helping a fellow multirotor-addict not loose his patience =)

For anyone that suffers the same problems, this is what I've done to make it finally work (I will describe the whole way since I can't say what made the difference for sure):

I wanted to downgrade to software assistant version 1.2. The main reason: There are different people on the net who had the same problems as I had with my naza after updating to 1.6 and above (the same for the according newer firmware). But with version 1.2 their Nazas worked fine. So i got the 1.2 assistant, as I've read installing this assistant and then clicking on upgrade firmware would actually downgrade it.
This didn't work for me. I was not able to downgrade it this way.

So I shortened the Naza (connect F1 to F2 with a servo cable) and powered it on in order to reset it. This didn't work for me, neither. Connected to the 1.2 software assistant it still insisted on my Naza having the newest firmware and wanted me to install the newest assistant (1.8).

After all, I started the most recent assistant software (1.8) and plugged in my Naza. Wait a minute - no strange beeping on the ESCs this time (see first post). On tools -> firmware upgrade I clicked "Try again" and installed the most current firmware again. Calibrated my Tx, hit "write", disconnected the Naza, restartet TX + Naza w/ RX, then the CSCs worked perfect.

Can't really tell what was wrong, but since it's allright now I'm far from compaining. What a happy night.
Thank you again,

EE