5.04 WKM firmware released

DennyR

The new 5.06 firmware is not performing as well as 5.02, I am going back.

I have worse gps acquisition and position hold, the wobble in anything but dead calm is still there and the gimbal now twitches even more (not that it was usable before).

I too have a YS-X6 coming in hope that I can retire the WKm.

What airframe are you using for that test?

rwijnhov

I too notice worse position hold and some yaw issues (random yawin) I didn't have with 5.02. I will first test with 10x5 props instead of 8x5.

robvree

I too notice worse position hold and some yaw issues (random yawin) I didn't have with 5.02. I will first test with 10x5 props instead of 8x5.

Same thing here with my Droidworx AD-4HL Frame. Had hours of flights with 5.02 and just can't seem to get 5.06 dialed in as good. At this point I think I'll roll back.

What airframe are you using for that test?

I gave up trying to make the wkm fly on my Skyjib 8, for this test I was using a DW CX, reflashed esc's, MT2814 770kv motors and 12x3.8 carbon 13 gram props.
If it doesn't fly well with this setup my guess it won't fly good with anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

I gave up trying to make the wkm fly on my Skyjib 8, for this test I was using a DW CX, reflashed esc's, MT2814 770kv motors and 12x3.8 carbon 13 gram props.
If it doesn't fly well with this setup my guess it won't fly good with anything.

One thing that I notice with the Simonk ESC's is that they come with the Brake enabled. That is probably good for aeros but I don't like it for stable flight.

I have been totally happy with 5.02 but I thought that I would give the latest one a try. That was a mistake, after downloading I connected the mini usb, and the assistant did not respond by opening the highlighted read/write function. After some investigation it seems that it has corrupted the WKM as it now wont work. I seem to recall Boris having a similar problem.

plingboot

is the potential to brick a wkm suddenly significantly increased with this latest revision?

if so is there a best practise for avoiding the issue?

and what's the process for de-bricking a wkm - is it something DJI are going to cover through the resellers?

DennyR

I don't want to start a panic as this issue could just be an unrelated problem somewhere. I have been talking with DJI but so far no suggestions that make any sense to me.

DennyR

OK panic over the issue was elsewhere. I removed the WKM from the airframe and it now works ok. I don't know what the problem was but it was NOT a problem with the Assistant or the firmware.

DennyR

Correction - Simonk ESC's only have brake engaged when turned-off. It's not actually a brake is fet gate and will disappear when caps. run out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kari

I think i'm going back to 5.02 too, does anyone have installer file for old Assistant to downgrade 5.02 please? I haven't saved them although i know i should. Guess i just did not think for need to go back with DJI :apathy:.

rwijnhov

ok i changed my props to 10x5 instead of the 8x5 (graupner) Added a second battery and it really is nice and stable now even with a lot of wind gps hold now is rock solid. So i believe for making this firmware work you just need more weight then wit 5.02. My f55 is about 2600-2700 grams now.

robvree

I rolled back to 5.02 today and my droidworx flys like a dream again. I have over 5 hrs of flight on this version without a single issue so i think I'll stay here until i absolutely have a reason to upgrade. I do wish my gimbal performance was better, but I'm banking on the Skyline to help in that department.

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
I was about to pull the trigger and update just waiting for Mihnea to clarify what's up with the new version. Anyway, there are still mix results on 5.06 so I guess I'll stay in 4.0. Or maybe I should buy a new WKM just so I can have a comparison of new fw, I dont want to lose 4.0 as it flying good for me.

Tomstoy2

Everything works excellent on 5.02. However, I'm really on the fence about 5.06, as I just lost an esc after converting. I must say, after converting to 5.06 the damn thing flew just great the first flight, but my 3rd attempt was when the #5 motor fauilted to spin up. It armed but did not respond to throttle movement. That God it was on the ground!
I can't say for sure that 5.06 caused the failure, however, I can firmly say that ther was a deffinate temp difference in both the motors and esc.

I do have a new esc comming, but trying to decide whether to roll back to 5.02 or not.

steph280

I also noticed temperature increase in my motors after the upgrade. Probably ESC as well, but didn't check before.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Would anyone care to post their comparative gain changes from the previous firmware to the current one? It seems most were running pretty high numbers, like 250-350. Then DJI gives us the ability to go to 500% but makes the heli run better at lower numbers???