5.04 WKM firmware released

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Do you know what gains (normal and attitude) does Vislaw's Y6 has ?

No But I have a Y6. The settings will be totally dependent on your build. EVERY one I have has been different. Motors, props, esc's timings, battery cell number, load, ALL play there part and I think there are to many variables to say that there are ANY definitive settings for a Y6 Flat 6 octo quad ect.

Follow the set up procedure. There aint out like flying your craft in all manor of conditions to know what makes her sweet..
Dave

sharonx

Ok i will. Please just tell me your gain for reference. Any chance you have 2814/11 avroto on 123.8 apc up motors and 12X6 apc down motors ?:nevreness:

Vojec

Ed, I got this little mt100 micro temp sensor. Little push button sensor, fits easily into any pocket and pretty damn accurate, especially since it is pretty cheap. Works excellent.
I primarilly got it for my Avant 90n, but I use it alot, ( when I remember it ).
Maybe off topic,but I like to know what is the normal working temp for brushless motors and Tiger 30A ESC.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Maybe off topic,but I like to know what is the normal working temp for brushless motors and Tiger 30A ESC.

That will depend on load. My esc's run about 55/65ºc fully loaded and my Axi motors are not hot at all just barley warm.

I have tried all sorts of prop combos and with the WKM dont see any advantage using bigger ones on the bottom.

Dave

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
this yaw issue stemming from the new firmware.....anyone found a work around? yesterday the hex was flying in decent wind but was predictable less the yaw twitch. If the gains go up it gets to worse, if they go down it has very little control.

Another question in general about gains. In theory, doesnt the gain go up for more wind? I always thought of it as responding more aggressively with high gain so with light wind it can be turned down.

Tomstoy2

I'm really on the fence with the 5.06.
Got my bad esc changed out and had a test flight yesterday. Wasn't happy with it at all.
Previously, the first flight after upgrade was solid as a rock, in no wind.
Second one was in 10 mph wind and it toilet bowled in a lazy left hand 4 foot circle.
Then on the 3rd, my esc failed, so I thought maybe the toilet bowl was due to that esc going bad.
Changed the esc and thought, gee, might be a good idea to re-calibrate the compass. I had a devil of a time getting the wkm to go into compass calibration mode! Took about a half dozen attempts before it did.
Calibrated the compass, took off and now it's sensative to imputs as hell!
Got is settled down, put it in gps mode, (no wind again), she held ok but the toilet bowl was still there, not as bad though.
Took it out of gps and back into att mode and she got squirilly as hell on me. So bad I had to land before I crashed it.

I'm going to go back into assistant and turn down the gains and try it one more time. Just trying to convince myself that the 5.06 just needs to set up right. If this doesn't do the job though, then I'll be rolling back.

So, I'm really interested in hearing reports form others about any issues they have experienced with the new upgrade?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I was thinking of giving it a go this weekend... but both my Y6 are very good as they are.. how easy is it to roll back if I give the new firmware a go?

I dont mind giving it a whirl as long as I can go back with no great mither

Dave

Loaded up the new firmware last night and maidened my ad-6... Sick, it grabbed gps faster than it used to and flies amazingly at 200 basics and 70 atti, cant wait for my gimbal and controller this next week to start shootin some vids

Michael64

Seems reading everybody exprience with the new firmware there is answers from very good to bad. That leads to is the way the multi outfitted with gear or is it the hardware in the WKM's being that different with the new firmware, guess in time with more testing we will see but I fine it interesting on the various results. May help if you post the type size and weight of machine and setup such as props esc's motors etc.

Michael64

Kari

I was thinking of giving it a go this weekend... but both my Y6 are very good as they are.. how easy is it to roll back if I give the new firmware a go?

I dont mind giving it a whirl as long as I can go back with no great mither

Dave

It's easy, just re-install old assistant from dji site and after opening it will ask for "update" to old fw. I rolled back and it's better now.

I think i need another cinestar 6 size frame for testing firmwares and new controllers with same payload. Any suggestion for good reasonably priced hexa frame with decent vibration isolation?

Kari

Tomstoy2

A little update on the 5.06 and my Hexa. First, my set-up;

X/A Hexa
mt2216-11 900kv, Tiger 30a esc's
4s 5000mah
Cheap as sin MC6500pro gimbal, ( save your money ), and GP H2
8" Gaui props

Took down the basic gains from 135 to 125 across the board and atti to 115.
Temp, 60* F., wind 12mph and a little drizzly rain, just spitting really.

The twitchy sensativity is now gone, feels more like it used to, toilet bowl is also gone. Manual, atti and gps all felt good. Gps got pushed around a little but a lot less than before the upgrade to 5.06. Effect was the same if up in the wind or down in the wind in ground effect.
Temps were more than acceptable after a 9 minute test, just barely warm to the touch, both motors and esc's.

So, though I do wish it was a little tighter in gps mode in the wind, I can live with it as is now. It is tighter than the old version. When the wind went away for brief periods, gps was solid.
Only had a 5 satelite lock, probably due to being so close to my house, was just out in the driveway so I know deflection was happening. Might be even tighter out in the open and can get all the sat's to lock, will have to wait and see. In all, it's still in the spec's that DJI lists.

Got to admit that the dynamic balancing of the motors has helped out. They sure do sound happy in the air.

Time to re-lube the bearing, again. I try to do that about every 20 flights.

I'll stick with 5.06, for now, see how it goes in the open now that I have it back in control, again.

Monday, my 8" Graupner's will be here. Looking forward to trying them out. The Gaui's are just too flexable.
Next weekend I'll be taking her out for a romp in the countryside.

Vojec

...I can't say for sure that 5.06 caused the failure, however, I can firmly say that ther was a deffinate temp difference in both the motors and esc.

For my MK Octo xl with T-motors 2814-11 710 KV and 30A esc with props APC slowflyer 12x3,8 on upgrade to 5.06 set for start testing gains basic: P&R , Yaw= 200% Vertical 180% and atti 70%. Fly with 2x 4S 5000mAh for about 10 min with total weight of 4.5kg. When i land measure temp of motors they are warm 35-45 degree and ESC are hot 50-78. Also notice that silicone ESC transparent cover melted or breaking off (attached image). So could heat temp do that damage. I'm scared to fly again with these gain settings. When lowered gain on 150% basic, vertical on 130% and rise atti to 115% temp drop for about 10 degree. Outside temp was 24-27 degree.
With this settings cannot remove little jitter / jello effect from my video. Any suggestion? And notice also that is not quite stable on wind with these gain setting.

Maybe go and test with downgraded version or props are too big?

View attachment 4504View attachment 4505

Attachments

• IMAG0592.jpg
    IMAG0592.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMAG0593.jpg
    IMAG0593.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
With all these consistant complaints deriving from 5.06, has anyone attempted to directly contact DJI about this? If so are there any answers? It sounds like they will come out with a new WKM 2 before fixing the current issues.