Hoverfly Video thread

PaNt

Here is a video from us..! its a teaser video from Lesvos Island in Greece :) :) :) COmments are welcome..!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerovideo

Got to get out and do a little bit of FPV while visiting my in laws. Lots of places to fly down in southern Utah, to bad I didn't have more time.

Was trying to get as smooth as I could with the video so I flew slower than usual and ran it through Final Cut Pro stabilization. This is my homemade wooden folding frame with a GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition shooting at 1080p 60p.

Must feel great to finally have the whole package together in one place at one time. Congrats, Paul. You are finally there. I really like the way you slowed it down a bit too + those twisting dives...!!

guy1a

had to crash my falcon due to low batt.

:(

and i am not sure where it is .. and it was raining heavy all last 3 days ...

guy1a

!!!!!!!! Damn!!!!!!

thanks ..

it was pretty strong windy.
but the clouds where at 900 feet !
had to go.

at some moment the wind turned it back .. and i saw on the OSD 180 km/h ! it went to my back aboutn 1.5 km.
tried to head back but at full throttle the batt went under 8.4 v ( 3cells) and i was afraid i will lost video
so had to land .. on some tree ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLsDpHM824s&feature=g-crec-u

i had some moments with google earth .. i think i know where it is ... hopefully in a few days the rain will stop.

View attachment 8129

Attachments

• falcon1.jpg
    falcon1.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 354

Aerovideo

Very nice! Love the scenery.

Thanks, yeah there's a lot of places I wanted to fly. Tons of cool places, too little time :)

Must feel great to finally have the whole package together in one place at one time. Congrats, Paul. You are finally there. I really like the way you slowed it down a bit too + those twisting dives...!!

Yeah, it does feel nice. This quad is as good as I've got for video and I still want better... hehe :) The Final Cut stabilization put it over the top. The last shot isn't stabilized where I'm flying low and fast and come in for a landing so you can see there are still a bit of vibes to work out.

Heh, the twisting dives almost gave me motion sickness, yikes!

had to crash my falcon due to low batt.

and i am not sure where it is .. and it was raining heavy all last 3 days ...

I feel for you, I've crashed many a time... several du to low battery, that sucks. Hope you find your plane.

Here's a video of the only other flying I got in on the trip to the in laws :)

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I meant to say it before but I love this video. The coloring and flow is great. Are you not using a gimbal? What exactly is the setup? As people go for Zenmuse stable I still prefer this superman type feel in an aerial.

kloner

Aerial DP
got a question for you hoverfly geeks. i got this weird wobble thing that jumps up when i get bookin along. thought it was the gimble tuning but then i noticed it in the fpv cam and it's solid mounted. is that turbulence? physicaly something wrong with a motor? esc? me?

it is manual mode and nobody touches anything. seems smooth as butter slo flying along, but get it going 40-50 it has that consistently everywhere i've tried and always witha breeze or wind and always along cliffs, bluffs flying canyons and the ocean. Haven't got it out to my other flying area yet where i'm standing int he middle of nowhere at sunrise when theres no wind

if it's hard to see there, i got 2 flights of it here

after all this i went back over gain tuning and noticed it was 4 clicks low and haven't flown again yet. is that a symptom of low gains?

This is an AV100 tilt only gimble in case your wonder wtf your looking at or out of

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
see if it happens when you use the thicker booms. Which BTW, you can use the mounts for everything, just need new holes in the frame plates. Hopefully they dont touch each other. I would say the hfp in manual is as solid as you can get, must be something else. Perhaps try lowering the gain a notch.

Stacky

Kloner, I have been fighting twitches for ages, so far it seems to me that its a mechanical physical thing related to the stiffness of my gimbal to the frame and also prop wash can have an impact. Next flight you do when you are flying like that try downloading the flight log and sending it to George and Al and see if there is any info in the flight log that relates to the gimbal tilt side of things.

kloner

Aerial DP
flight log,,,,,, didn't know there was one.

It is definately associated with the waves i'm flying by, gets worse turning into and out of the wind. Stil alot smoother than alot of others i've flown, jut bugs me to not know if it's something $30 could fix

Stacky

I will try and hunt out some instructions on how to download a flight log for you. 2 advantages, it means you can see if the guys at Hoverfly can spot something and the other advantage is that if they find something it benefits the rest of us.

flight log,,,,,, didn't know there was one.

It is definately associated with the waves i'm flying by, gets worse turning into and out of the wind. Stil alot smoother than alot of others i've flown, jut bugs me to not know if it's something $30 could fix

Aerovideo

I meant to say it before but I love this video. The coloring and flow is great. Are you not using a gimbal? What exactly is the setup? As people go for Zenmuse stable I still prefer this superman type feel in an aerial.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!

No gimbal was used on this flight. I am using a combination of homegrown vibration dampening as well as Rusty's thick camera mount plate on a foldable x525 frame.

To be honest though, when I got up really high and turned the quad to face the city I was amazed at how still it was. There must have been little to no wind up there unlike the gusts on the ground. So I just sat there for a couple of seconds taking in the view. Normally it's not anywhere near that steady, just got lucky on that shot :) But thanks though!

Hi all,

End of last year we were asked to help with the aerial cinematography for a wakeboarding sponsorship video, this is just a little taster of what we did. It was really fun and a massive learning curve at the same time. Trying to get the hoverfly pro to initialize on the chase boat was probably the biggest challenge, but awesome fun none the less.

http://vimeo.com/58579184

Cheers,

Andre