daniel

shot this with my WKM Hexacopter, and a Sony NEX 5N for a Peruvian Documentary about humpback whales and their migration from Ecuador to Antartica....

We used just a Sony NEX5N, AV130 gimbal, and a brushless gimbal,..

this is just a few shots and a quick test editing, no color corrected

I wish i had my BMPCC by that time.......

PASSWORD IS : jorobada

http://vimeo.com/85262028

Last edited by a moderator:

jfro

Aerial Fun
shot this with my WKM Hexacopter, and a Sony NEX 5N for a Peruvian Documentary about humpback whales and their migration from Ecuador to Antartica....

I'm sure you would have enjoyed the BMPCC, but after seeing the first footage of the whales, I didn't even think about what camera you were using. The quality of content is captivating enough, maybe 1/10 of 1 percent would care. It would have been whip cream on a great big chocolate sundae.

Great footage. I loved the whales swimming and floating on their backs. When the were flapping their tales, do you think they were agitate by your
hexcopter or were they giving some other warning sign?

Again, great footage and thanks for sharing....

daniel

I'm sure you would have enjoyed the BMPCC, but after seeing the first footage of the whales, I didn't even think about what camera you were using. The quality of content is captivating enough, maybe 1/10 of 1 percent would care. It would have been whip cream on a great big chocolate sundae.

Great footage. I loved the whales swimming and floating on their backs. When the were flapping their tales, do you think they were agitate by your
hexcopter or were they giving some other warning sign?

Again, great footage and thanks for sharing....

thanks for your comments, i did enjoy filming them, they behave like a puppy in the water, easy to know their movements,
the boat guy, said that they where behaving strange, flapping a lot, no marine biologist in the boat, but this guy knew a lot, and he said that they could see the drone, that for sure the whales notice some weird bird follow them.....
maybe they were saying hi to the drone.......i dont know.
it was fun launching the hexa from the white boat, im impressed the WKM didnt go crazy after plugin the battery and feeling a lot of movement, there was no calm or flat surface for the IMU to calibrate......it just flew perfect!!
my Alexmoss gimbal did go crazy!!! end up using my inmortal AV130

thanks again!!

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
shot this with my WKM Hexacopter, ...

Nice job. Well done.

It takes some balls to fly all day at sea.

As for the BMPC, be happy that you were able to simply take the (perfectly acceptable) Nex video and edit it straight away into a clip without any other messing about. You wouldn't have got much footage anyway with the BMPC - unless you had a dozen charged batteries with you in the boat !

Ray Bahas

Tried to play your video but got this:
[h=3]This is a private video. Do you have permission to watch it? If so please provide the correct password.[/h]

aebiagio

Some of our works in 2013 around Italy... hope u like it!
Shoot with Cinestar 8 flat & coax equipped with:
Canon 5D MarkII, Canon 5D MarkIII, Canon EOS C300, Panasonic GH3
www.helivr.com

daniel

Java Post Production [COLOR=#44BBFF !important]PLUS 12 seconds ago
Love the Humback whale footage. Fantastic capture of their activity. They almost seemed like they were performing for your aerial platform at times. One note, there is foreign video, just a slice at the left hand edge of the screen on several shots near the beginning of your footage.
Jack T.

[/COLOR]

thanks for the info, yes i did notice that error, im uploading footage again fixed, with some behind the scenes of my hexacopter flying from the boat....

thanks!

Ray Bahas

hi, pasword is jorobada
yes, the BMPC is kind of a nightmare!!!!

Hi daniel, Thanks, awesome video, great footage.
I'm amazed with your shooting condition and quality you got from the Nex5 (I have the same)
Did you use some ND, UV or Polar filters ?
Your Copter/Gimbal set seems robust and well tweaked, I couldn't get close to the stability of yours with my AV130, so I replaced it with zenmuse.
Thanks for sharing.

daniel

Hi daniel, Thanks, awesome video, great footage.
I'm amazed with your shooting condition and quality you got from the Nex5 (I have the same)
Did you use some ND, UV or Polar filters ?
Your Copter/Gimbal set seems robust and well tweaked, I couldn't get close to the stability of yours with my AV130, so I replaced it with zenmuse.
Thanks for sharing.

thanks for your comments, i use ND6 and Plarized filters,
im sure with your Zenmuse you wont have any problems like we had with AV130

https://vimeo.com/85262028
password: jorobada

good luck

Cheshirecat

Outstanding footage Daniel, had me totally engaged to the very end.
Did you find you had to re balance anything on teh Zenmuse after putting ND and Polarisers on the Nex?

daniel

Outstanding footage Daniel, had me totally engaged to the very end.
Did you find you had to re balance anything on teh Zenmuse after putting ND and Polarisers on the Nex?

I never used a zenmuse, just had a av130 and a gotheli rc brushless nex5n gimbal.......the brushless gimbal or th alexmoss board went crazy on the boat at startup, so i had to use the av130....with radians.....no problem at all.

thanks!

rotorvista

Lovely footage Daniel! I can imagine how you must have been buzzing when those whales started to roll over and put on a show for you, that's being in the right place at the right time, nice one!

daniel

Lovely footage Daniel! I can imagine how you must have been buzzing when those whales started to roll over and put on a show for you, that's being in the right place at the right time, nice one!

Yes, a lot of adrenaline, timing the whales every 5 minutes so they can breath and go deep for another 5-6 minutes, launching the hexacopter at the right time so we safe batteries, and avoiding crashing at take off and landing, and of course praying for no flip of death! like my MK did once...

we were lucky, simple truth.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast

PASSWORD IS : jorobada

http://vimeo.com/85262028

Thats one of the most amazing videos I have see shot from a MR - truly inspirational you must be very proud of it.. What was your heart rate at?

Dave

daniel

Thats one of the most amazing videos I have see shot from a MR - truly inspirational you must be very proud of it.. What was your heart rate at?

Dave

thanks a lot for your comment Dave/Droider,.... im very proud that i still have a Multirotor after that job,.!!! my heart rate was over the speed limit!!

gueipul

hi all friends i want to sharing my video im beginner this take on my holiday
thanks