Achta, that is one of the most professional performances i have seen, congratulations.
If i can ask: given the subject and distances i believe you was piloting with a camera (half fpv) and double video downlink (one for you and one for camera operator) am i right?
Otherwise, if you was piloting and driving camera tilt alone i must double the congratulations as this is something i am totally unable to do (fly and control camera tilt)
Thanks for clarifying how many compliments i must present :)
Claudio (not far from you)

achta

Hello Claudio, thanks for your words ;-)
this was a normal 3 People setup,
Pilot fly free with no monitor, only with direkt view to the copter,
i did camera stuff with Video RXTX, on 3 Axis
and One person did the technical stuff,... As you see in the video...
so no FPV ;-)
thanks achta

Here is a video of some of the things I have shot in 2012 (oh and yes that is my zen inside a real helo for the shadow shot)

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael64

Here is a video from yesterday, its been really gray and overcast here for the last 2 days but had to fly to see how the camera would work out with gray skies.

Michael64

FerdinandK

Yes, it has 16 Rotors, it is an X16 (Hexdecacopter) :D

The flight-time with the zenmuse, sony Nex5N and 24mm Sonnar (about 2kg payload) is 25min with 4x4S8000 Zippy, flying not hovering(!). The AUW is 9,1kg.
The copter can lift quite a lot, with 4kg payload the flighttime would be about 17min, but I do not want to try this out, since the retracts are close to their limit.

best regards

Ferdinand

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Yes, it has 16 Rotors, it is an X16 (Hexdecacopter) :D

The flight-time with the zenmuse, sony Nex5N and 24mm Sonnar (about 2kg payload) is 25min with 4x4S8000 Zippy, flying not hovering(!). The AUW is 9,1kg.
The copter can lift quite a lot, with 4kg payload the flighttime would be about 17min, but I do not want to try this out, since the retracts are close to their limit.

best regards

Ferdinand

Please forgive my ignorance. What is an AUW?
P.S. what is the advantage of having the $1000. lens? I was thinking of getting the NEX5n but I was just thinking of getting a stock lens. Is the sonnar a zoom?

FerdinandK

@Explorocam
AUW: All Up Weight -> the mass that is in the air
Why the 24mm Sonnar? Maybe just because I like the lens.

best regards

Ferdinand

Ab74

Shots of a nice island resort in Coron, Palawan. A 45-minute plane ride south of Manila, Philippines.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Shots of a nice island resort in Coron, Palawan. A 45-minute plane ride south of Manila, Philippines.

Beautiful,
Man, you have tallant.

What's your airframe? What's your controller? what's your gimbal.