Photohigher skyline rsgs

Forrest12

Hi all

Weve set up our Skyline on a AV200 360, And seems like theres juttering on tilt and roll axis. Even if we lower the gains its still present but only mild. But the trade off is its so slow to level itself its not really worth using a gimbal.
Weve tryed ballancing it perfectly and also trying out of ballance so it loads up the servos trying to stop what seems to be high frequency feedback.

Anyone got any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks

Pete

andrewrob

Hi all

Weve set up our Skyline on a AV200 360, And seems like theres juttering on tilt and roll axis. Even if we lower the gains its still present but only mild. But the trade off is its so slow to level itself its not really worth using a gimbal.
Weve tryed ballancing it perfectly and also trying out of ballance so it loads up the servos trying to stop what seems to be high frequency feedback.

Anyone got any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks

Pete

What camera have you got in it?

Here's a video we did today with Forrest12:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-dZ34WBCQw

There's a bit of tweaking this firmware needs after the basics have been released. The first would be noise filtering.

In this video we had the Skyline mounted on a piece of neoprene which cleaned up the high frequency vibration, but clearly there's still a bit of juddering.

When it was hard mounted to the AV200, the vibrations seem to be transmitted through the frame to the skyline causing a bit more juddering.

We'll do another test after we try the next firmware.

Hi,

when you make a test, it sould be very intersting to have a comparison point. So Should it be possible to have the same video shooted with your previous stabilization system ?
And to show the efficiency, place a small camera back to film your gimbal or place a Red wire between feet in order to have it in the filming field: we will then have a comarison int directly on the screen :)

For ranch pete: you have a problem with your private message, your inbox is configured to refuse incoming message.
A you stated, I'm doing the after sales of all the resellers for free and it takes me a lot of time :)
So please, check this that I can answer you about your Ubec problem ;)

traderc

Hello ! i joined this forum while searching to troubleshoot the Skyline RSGS... I have a problem which i am unable to resolve. I have AV130 where tilt servo is replaced by hitec 5645 MG
the savx servo on roll works great but i get no movement on the tilt servo ( 5645MG)
any ideas ????????
why non SAVOX servos are not working..Maybe its another bug ............

traderc

One more BUG !! Non Savox servo dosent response period... E.g i have replaced tilt servo with Hitec 5645 MG and it dosent work. I tried 10 different ways but it dosent respond.
100% sure servo is in working condition since i used it another stablizer and wors flawlessly. I even swapped the cable with roll it didnt work either.
Since Roll servo is Savox SH-1290 MG it works on both roll & tilt on skyline (Swapped to make sure its not a bad SKyline)
Any input here will be great here !!
Hopefully, PH will take notice on this as well.Thanks

We have several problems with the Skyline. We have categorized them and are working to solve them.

Over half the problems described on this forum can be fixed by configuring the Skyline. It is obvious that this is not possible with our current instructions. We will have new instructions available next Wednesday.

The remaining problems are in the firmware. We are currently working on the new firmware. We will not rush this and it will be thoroughly tested. Therefore we will keep you updated and make it our priority however it will take more time. As soon as we know when we are near, we will let you know.

Here is a list of what problems we’re having. If I missed your comment, please let me know.

1. When you are panning, the roll axis is affected. The gimbal level goes bad. It cannot be corrected because the roll input does not work.
2. When camera is “Powered on”, the servo has a small spasm. This also happens when camera is powered off.
3. Instructions are incomplete.
4. Servo tune features not explained.
5. The parameters that can be adjusted in the software are not explained.
6. “Save Settings” sometimes gives you the error “Failed to Execute Command” and won’t work when it is powered on.
7. Unsure how to supply the Skyline with power.
8. What inputs should be used (i.e. pan, roll?).
9. Blanking pin is confusing. This is the pin that has been snipped on the top right header.
10. The gimbal will jitter when panning.
11. Pan does not stabilize. It is disabled. Just plugging it in gives jitters.
12. Configuration software does not have all its functions.
13. Pot wires are incorrect.
14. All LED’s coming on and no response to computer.

Problem 1 - 9 can be fixed by setting the Skyline up better. We will issue a new instruction on Wednesday (27.06.12) that will explain thoroughly how to set it up step by step and explain all the settings and their effect on the gimbal.

Problem 10 – 12 will be fixed in the next firmware release. We are working on the new firmware and will only release this once it has been thoroughly tested. We will keep you updated on this.

Problem 13. The black wire should be on the outside and the other wire (white or red) should be on the inside. Both should not be on the outside. The wiring looms are made by hand. We’ve supplied the company who made them for us with a testing rig to confirm all the wires are correct.

Problem 14. If this happens, please send it back to the distributor and tell them what you were doing when it occurred to help us figure out why it is happening.

We will post new info on the website under the Skyline. Our apologies about what has happened and the effect it has had on your business.

Hello TradeRC,
Modified (pot connection taken out) 5645 and 5245 were two of the servos i used to bench test the rsgs and mine worked fine. Can you detail how did you connect the servo to the rsgs (especially the pot feedback mod).

Last edited by a moderator:

traderc

Sure....for tilt servo (hitec 5645mg) the servo wire from the servo is connected to the skyline tilt servo. The pot wire from the hitec servo is connected to the tilt pot and then the tilt input goes down to the rx

For roll servo similar. No pan connections

Result = Roll works ( savox) & Tilt dosent ( Hitec)

Hello TradeRC,
Modified (pot connection taken out) 5645 and 5245 were two of the servos i used to bench test the rsgs and mine worked fine. Can you detail how did you connect the servo to the rsgs (especially the pot feedback mod).

Hello Traderc,
first of all an errata corrige: i tested 5245 but, as they are sort of twins, i meant to write "5625 and 5645".
When i received my skyline i had to move one of the skyline "pot" plug connections to have it correctly connected to the pot plug of the servo. Unluckily i did not took note of which one was but can be easily spotted: it has the two wires connected to the external pins of the skyline pot plug instead than one to the central an one to one of the extremes.
Hope this helps.
Claudio

traderc

I am using the tilt and roll pot which are red & black and are the last 2 pins from the top right.. Maybe i will put a picture explanning all wires and what connector goes.
Maybe its swapped or something..
i am still not understanding quite right yet

Forrest12

Cant wait for the new firmware, Struggling to get the skyline working smooth at all!
If I unplug the roll servo my tilt goes smooth, and vice versa. I seem to be getting feedback from each servo. even if the gains are so low it doesnt move.

anyone had success with 1.13???

Thanks

Pete

Cant wait for the new firmware, Struggling to get the skyline working smooth at all!
If I unplug the roll servo my tilt goes smooth, and vice versa. I seem to be getting feedback from each servo. even if the gains are so low it doesnt move.
anyone had success with 1.13???
Thanks
Pete

1001 copters said:
when a product doesn't work, people are doing stupid things with it to make it work

Hi forrest12, as sown on my videos and on others videos, Skyline is working fine in 1.1.3 version but instead of doing anything and especialy "I try this to see if I have some smoke", it should be a better idea to wait for the manual where it will be written what to do, and not don't you think ?

And how do you power your whle system ?

traderc

Its Annoying

It's annoying my tilt servo dosent respond and my roll servo works... I can't figure this thing out so many cables and poor instruction manual
very poorly documented
It's definately not Plug N Play

traderc

Somebody need to post the layout of the pins of the connector. I am suspecious they might be pointing into the wrong connector.
Previous diagram in this thread shows different wiring scheme with mine

jappie911

I had some great results today!

I did some rough flying, and sometimes when looking on the video, I even can't find anymore were I did the rough parts !! :frog:

I know I have to wait for tomorrow, but I only have some small jitter, mostly in roll when I am flying easy, so when the servo's need to be quiet. (did tried some other UBEc, but did not work.)

And one thing I hope they can fix or explain; the tilt moving normally with a knob on my mx20 through MK system, works strange.
It now works like some kind of stop and go function.

But this thing is really great, straight horizons !! Who needs Zenmuse..! :02.47-tranquillity:

Hin

here's a small video showing the Skyline mounted on a cinestar Gimbal and compensting horizontality ;)

Fine tuning hasn't been done yet :)

Last edited by a moderator:

traderc

Hello i was comparing my cables harness with the picture below. to me i think i toatally see a different cable connections to my harness.. Am i seeing something different !! or i need glassses now

View attachment 4906

View attachment 4910View attachment 4911View attachment 4912
Some dealers like myself, have already received their orders of the production model Skylines. So I do not doubt the guy got a production model. Chris, Did you receive a skyline with the same wire harness as shown below? I know Kimberly will be releasing a manual very soon, probably early this week. Once it is complete, it will be up on their site. So keep looking over there, and hopefully it will be up soon, shedding some light on the set up procedures.

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

Attachments

• 6-26-2012 4-41-29 PM.jpg
    6-26-2012 4-41-29 PM.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 300
  • 20120626_161749.jpg
    20120626_161749.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 20120626_161732.jpg
    20120626_161732.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 160