Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

Finding information about the GH2 hack seems to be confusing. I find it difficult to get straight answers but a good place to start is here: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?223622-GH2-official-discussion-thread This is a thread on DVXUser.com started by the hacker.

You can find the link to download the PTool Firmware Manipulation tool here: http://www.gh1-hack.info/wiki/PToolSoftware

And Vitaliy's [The guy who hacked the GH2] website is here, although its interesting reading, its confusing: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/666/ptool-v3.62d-topic

Some of the videos I've seen from hacked GH2 looks amazing but there are so many variables to shooting its hard to tell how much better it is and its difficult to discern from these websites how difficult it is to do this and if its worth the effort. If I could find a lens adapter that enabled me to use Canon EF lenses it would make the decision to purchase a GH2 a lot easier.

Jeff has posted some really nice GH2 footage and I don't believe his is hacked, he's also posted some nice NEX 5n footage which doesn't look as good but the 5n is much smaller, lighter, less expensive and shoots 1080P60.

I guess the fact that there are so many choices is a good thing.

Sorry Dave, I missed the point of starting a new thread. Feel free to move this post if you like.

Thanks for the informative reply. I could move it but its also good in here.

Could I ask you to start a new thread on it anyway..

Be interesting if Jeff could chip in on his thoughts between the GH2 and Nex5N

Dave

mitmit

small vid with Russian autumn. HD play preferable.
poststabilization not spoken here, as Denny says )
cheers
dimitri

Last edited by a moderator:

Emowillcox

Cool video Dimitri.... nice and smooth. What part of Russia is that.. I guess you guys will be expecting snow soon. My wife loved your music selection.

Macsgrafs

Some very nice videos here recently guys, well done.
Al, I like the lack of vibration & thats with a fixed camera I notice...nice flying mate.

Ross

plingboot

Here's a clip of Gunter flying his diy wookong hex a at the Drone Zone 2 meeting today.

Shot 'blind' with my GoPro, in the drizzle…

Av8Chuck

small vid with Russian autumn. HD play preferable.
poststabilization not spoken here, as Denny says ) cheers
dimitri

Very nicely done. What was the music? What camera and what was the setup of your multicopter?

Did you fly LOS or FPV?

I really enjoyed that.

u4eake

ARducopter hexa

Here's a video of me testing my arducopter hexa with 2.0.46 firmware. I also tested an autonomous mission, flying 4 waypoints and automatic landing. At the end you can see me testing the 'simple' mode, in which the orientation of the copter doesn't matter.

SYNDK8

Skyvokker
That is amazing u4eake, is arducopter(ardupilot??) better than openpilot?

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Here's a clip of Gunter flying his diy wookong hex a at the Drone Zone 2 meeting today.

Shot 'blind' with my GoPro, in the drizzle…

Thanks for posting that Plingboot. Most of that flight was in gps mode and it was blowing quite nicely, but she performed very well considering the advanced GPS settings are stock.

Cheers,

Gunter.

u4eake

Openpilot better then arducopter ? Difficult one... I don't have first hand experience with openpilot, but I've read a bit about them. The openpilot board has more processing power and is smaller, but it has less sensors. And they have better marketing and PR I think :)
But arducopter has a rich set of working features and sensors and a driven team developing the firmware. It has come a long way the last months and is steadily improving. As far as I can tell, openpilot doesn't have autonomous waypoint flying and a bunch of other features (yet).
Also arducopter is suitable for all : you can put it in a plane, a helicopter, a multicopter, a car or even a boat. All you have to do is change firmware with a simple usb upload (firmware for car and boat still in early development)
Arducopter has a fairly easy to understand firmware if you know a little about programming.
At this moment I think arducopter firmware is superior to openpilot.

If you like tinkering and tweaking the thing to your needs, I'd go arducopter. (at least half my fun is modifying the software to my needs). IF you wanna get the most out of it, you'll have to do some reading.
If you just wanna fly a copter without having to read much, go openpilot, or KK.

Just my ideas, but as said, I've only flown arducopter (multiwii is being built)

Last weekend I did some fpv flying with my hexa and recorded some planes at our rc-club taking off, landing, doing harriers etc. Still need to stitch it all together though, but it's comming soon ;-)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast

Well I did... I know remember some one else posting about it but its SOUTH!!!! I only ever go that way for work and if I can avoid that I do! :)

Glad it went well.. how mny peep showed?

Dave

PS Jake call in for your cool box and have a look at the BIGUN I am building! Did we nearly BUMP into each other the other day on the New lane pace diversion?

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Dave yes ,a few weeks ago now by the temporary lights.I did call for the coolbox last Tues p.m. but you were out,the rest of the week I was in London with the kids in the tin tent:)
Will try and bob over this week ,I`ll give you a ring before I set off just to make sure you`re in ;)