Wookong M View and Click to Go.

Tahoe Ed

I just upgraded to v5.12 and wanted to check my Ground Station. I started v4.05 and was told the Google Earth Plug-in was either corrupt or not the correct version. I uninstalled and reinstalled. It was working when an update notification came up for v4.06. Since that version has loaded I have not been able to get the program to load. It fails on the Google Earth load. I have uninstalled v4.06 and Google Earth several times. Nada. Anybody else have this problem? Anybody have a solution to my problem?

fritz99

I just upgraded to v5.12 and wanted to check my Ground Station. I started v4.05 and was told the Google Earth Plug-in was either corrupt or not the correct version. I uninstalled and reinstalled. It was working when an update notification came up for v4.06. Since that version has loaded I have not been able to get the program to load. It fails on the Google Earth load. I have uninstalled v4.06 and Google Earth several times. Nada. Anybody else have this problem? Anybody have a solution to my problem?

Hello !

I have the same problem.
Grounstation starts but cannot load the map in google earth plugin.

Fritz

Tahoe Ed

Fritz,

I uninstalled everything three times then reinstalled the software. No love. On the forth try, it worked. I also removed the driver for the GS transceiver. The other part of my problem was that the WKM MU was replaced on my S800 by DJI and I needed a new S/N to activate the waypoints. DJI is doing that now so in a few days I should be up and working.

Dreamweaver

Hmmm...not good...was gonna order my 900 kit today?

What are the official channels to relay issues back to DJI?...dealers?...this forum?...their website?...their email?

~Mike

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
Is all OK with Groundstation and Assistant 5.12?
I did not want to try it until I hear that 5.12 is working well with Groundstation.
Any current info about successful use with 5.12 would be appreciated.

fritz99

Fritz,

I uninstalled everything three times then reinstalled the software. No love. On the forth try, it worked. I also removed the driver for the GS transceiver. The other part of my problem was that the WKM MU was replaced on my S800 by DJI and I needed a new S/N to activate the waypoints. DJI is doing that now so in a few days I should be up and working.

I have uninstalled and installed 4 times and it did not help !!!!!!!!!
Google does not load.
Any additional help ?

Fritz

Tahoe Ed

Have your removed the USB driver? Mine failed until I did that. Other than that, I would contact DJI. They have the capability to log into your system to troubleshoot the problem. They did that with mine when I first got it and had problems.

Tahoe Ed

The issue with me was not the v5.12 software but the fact that DJI replaced my WKM MC since it was an older unit and had issues with my S800. Don't confuse my issues with a normal set up. I am still waiting for my new S/N so until I get that I cannot say with confidence that it works well. That I was what I was trying to test.

Dreamweaver

No issues here with 5.12 and the GCS setup....in fact it installed first time after i found the folder with the menu install as per the manual.

Was able to connect (handshake) once tx/rx's were more than 5m apart...again first time.

Went outside and set home, auto takeoff and auto land without reading manual...but couldn't figure how to add a waypoint though...so i broke down and read the heli manual which is the only one i could find online.

The missing action is HOLD SPACE BAR then click the map.....haven't tried this yet as i had to go out for dinner.

~Mike

@ Lanzar,

Should do quick basic on what to do on first attempt with M View..:) I am getting mine and I can already see the replay. Too eager to read.

KS

craigeg7

Ed, still running v5.08, however still having issues with the groundstation, was working with v4.05, was prompted to update for 4.06, did so. Now Google Earth Plugin has worked one time, then ground station crashed, now it is not loading. Have you found a fix?

fritz99

Ed, still running v5.08, however still having issues with the groundstation, was working with v4.05, was prompted to update for 4.06, did so. Now Google Earth Plugin has worked one time, then ground station crashed, now it is not loading. Have you found a fix?

I have also postet already several times that my groundstation google does not load the map.
But there is no solution !
And DJI does not care.

Fritz

Tahoe Ed

I uninstalled everything including the driver for the usb. It took me 4 times of doing this to get it to work. My other issue was that DJI replaced my old WKM MU and I needed to get a new S/N to run the Ground Station to WKM connection. I have that now so I can complete the set up this weekend.

Dreamweaver

Just flew 10 or so click WPs and it works awesome...no white flashes at 4 m/s...very steady flight and hover.

Couple of questions for those who know:

Is there a quad specific manual?
Can you change google earth from meters to feet?
Why does the tx need to be turned on?...is there a way around this?
Anyone using a tablet PC and flying by just touchscreen?...can you generally turn on the virtual keyboard at will?

~Mike