Wookong M View and Click to Go.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Yes you will. View is just for Telemtry Data and mapping the GPS data to a google maps plugin etc. Think after the last update WKM-View also allows you to fly several waypoints.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
not really a good way to avoid the interferences. I wanted to test a 2.4 ghz vtx and a futaba 2.4 ghz this weekend but i didn't get to it. The question is how far you want the vtx connection to work. If 300 400 meters are fine with you you can go with a 5.8 ghz system probably even further with the right antennas and ground station setup ! If you really want to go on distance I would think about bringing down the Radios frequency to 433 mhz or similar LRS systems and than bringing down the VTX frequency.

Some go with 2.4ghz radio and have 900 mhz or 1.3 ghz vtx systems never tried it. But in some FPV tutorial etc. its stated that its not recommend to bring the VTX frequency lower than the one from the radio.

Boris

snurre

Anybody to give a recommendation on suitable laptop / notepad (with touch screen) for ground station usage?

jrlederer

A little tricky, but it is posible, you have to have Fly trace and Pathextrude on ( green line ), and after the flight put in your waypoints.

Hey Lars,
It sounds like you are versed in the advanced method you touched on here. Would you care to elaborate and/or make a tutorial on this subject? I, for one, would certainly find his of great interest, as will many other advanced users here on the forum, no doubt. If no tutorial, I would gladly spend the effort to write-up whatever you do supply into a sticky-post-worthy online guide and, obviously, notate you as the provider of the tip/tutorial.

Thanks in advance! Looking very forward to learning some hot stuff about my new setup.

--Jonathan

vislaw

I posted elsewhere but didn't get a response. Can somebody give me the scoop on how I can load google earth to fly in a location where I can't get a net connection? I use a personal hotspot on my iPad usually but tomorrow I'm up in the high desert with no cell coverage whatsoever. Is there a way to load the terrain file ahead of time to be able to access it up there? If I navigate to the place I want to fly and quit GroundStation will that terrain still be loaded when I start the app again?

Dreamweaver

Is there an ETA on a 64bit version yet?...or maybe even an android one?

Also is the ground station software fully compatible for just a tablet PC (no physical keyboard)?

~Mike

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
I am just loading GroundStation as I just purchased LINK and have updated my serial# in Assistant. The current Manual for groundstation V2.5 indicates that it is compatible with Windows 7- 64 bit. See attached. Is this not true?
If not then my problem may be the 64 bit PC.
I have been have the same trouble as many with the COM port-See Specifics below:Toshiba C675 Laptop
Windows 7 Home Premium Edition- SP1- 64 Bit
Purchased new in February.

I loaded the GS in the correct order from theautostart from the disc.
All indicate that they loaded successfully.
I start GS and all appears normal.
In the GS pull down for COM next to CONNECT itis blank.
I have uninstalled & reinstalled all severaltimes to get the PL2303 USB-serial to create a port for the GS, but it isalways the same…blank.
I know I need to select the correct COM port toconnect & make the handshake, but I cannot get any to choose from.
I checked under device manager, and I do nothave a tab for ports to check the COM port #.
Any Help would be appreciated.

Andrew

B

Bengit

I am just loading GroundStation as I just purchased LINK and have updated my serial# in Assistant. The current Manual for groundstation V2.5 indicates that it is compatible with Windows 7- 64 bit. See attached. Is this not true?
If not then my problem may be the 64 bit PC.
I have been have the same trouble as many with the COM port-See Specifics below:Toshiba C675 Laptop
Windows 7 Home Premium Edition- SP1- 64 Bit
Purchased new in February.

I loaded the GS in the correct order from theautostart from the disc.
All indicate that they loaded successfully.
I start GS and all appears normal.
In the GS pull down for COM next to CONNECT itis blank.
I have uninstalled & reinstalled all severaltimes to get the PL2303 USB-serial to create a port for the GS, but it isalways the same…blank.
I know I need to select the correct COM port toconnect & make the handshake, but I cannot get any to choose from.
I checked under device manager, and I do nothave a tab for ports to check the COM port #.
Any Help would be appreciated.

Andrew

Remove everything, DONT use autostart, install everything manually in the order advised.Worked for me.

jrlederer

I have just recently received the 900 MHz kit but have not yet installed to a frame as I have another bug project in progress. As soon as I get it mounted and flying, I'll be sure to post back the results.