XAircraft SuperX

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Well seems a few methods BUT the bottom line is there are methods and no matter how applied, should be applied as part of the set up, that's only the reason to start this topic, to help Dhardjono, well done all :highly_amused:

David

Dhardjono

Ok now i am more confuse but i get it each motor must be level so it fly's straight yes ? good i try all suggestion thanks . what i need help is futaba t8j set the tilt and roll using sbus to super x.To get me out of a rut from the crash i was flying my phantom in the snow just now fun its about 6 inches and coming in New York Bronx.:upset:
:tennis::tennis::tennis:

Djin

This is my first post on here so Hi guys.

I was actually going to buy a DJI A2 today and came accross this thread by chance. Now I am torn between the DJI A2 and this :dejection:

There is one feature in particular on the DJI systems that I would like to confirm whether or not it is available on the SuperX. Does the SuperX have a similar feature to the 'home lock' feature on the DJI systems? whereby the initial take-off heading is always forward regardless of the actual 'nose' direction of the multicopter? If so then I am sold! If not then does anyone know if Xaircraft will be introducing such a feature in the next firmware upgrade.

This feature would have really helped the dude who lost orientation and crashed his multicopter. All he would have had to do is pull back and it would have come straight back to the take off-point.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I would not see the 'home lock' as a make or break feature. If you loose orientation the best thing is not to panic. Just allow the MR to hover, yaw a little, add some left and right movement to see how it reacts until you regain orientation. It's' all about keeping a cool head. Manual is a different beast altogether but if you are in either atti or GPS there really is no real need for home lock. Course lock and POI I can understand but homelock is just not something I see a real need for. With that said, each to their own but for me the home lock is not a deal breaker.

Djin

I see what you are saying but home lock just gives you one less thing to worry about when flying. Its even available on the Dji Phantom which is why total beginners find it so easy to fly imo. I agree it's not a deal breaker for someone who doesn't need it and I would take the SupetX's reliability over any DJI feature, however I would pay for it as an upgrade!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
The great thing about Super X is that you can trust it. Many people use the switchable RTH to get them back on some form of recognisable course before taking over and flying again in Atti or GPS.

Djin

I've been told in anothet forum that 'home lock' or 'carefree', as it is otherwise known, will be coming to the SuperX as well as waypoints. Feeling much better now

nemorov

I really want Super X to be good and as someone else said you can rely on it which is most important to me... however I have to say that so far my experiences with it on my HEX have not given me the same level of performance I have with the WKM. I'd hoped from what others had experienced that it would be a simple transition with rock solid performance with minimal tuning. That wasn't my experience. I played with it for a couple of weeks but have just this weekend put the WKM back on the HEX. I'm not giving up on the Super X and have just installed it on a new Coaxial X8 to see how it handles that. I really hope it will work. I will also try again with the HEX with the latest firmware version just released to see if that improves things. As soon as we get some sensible weather here and i resolve a small problem with faulty ESC's on the new build I will fly the new machine with the Super X and report the results here with the full build spec.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I really want Super X to be good and as someone else said you can rely on it which is most important to me... however I have to say that so far my experiences with it on my HEX have not given me the same level of performance I have with the WKM. I'd hoped from what others had experienced that it would be a simple transition with rock solid performance with minimal tuning. That wasn't my experience. I played with it for a couple of weeks but have just this weekend put the WKM back on the HEX. I'm not giving up on the Super X and have just installed it on a new Coaxial X8 to see how it handles that. I really hope it will work. I will also try again with the HEX with the latest firmware version just released to see if that improves things. As soon as we get some sensible weather here and i resolve a small problem with faulty ESC's on the new build I will fly the new machine with the Super X and report the results here with the full build spec.

Hmm something seems wrong here, not much you can tune with SX! and I would find it hard to understand what performance you see as being let down, it ia after all only an auto pilot.

I have yet to read in any forum where SX has failed to perform, am I biased..... bloody yes! because it simply performs as advertised, you either have a bad example in which case you should contact the supplier or you expectation go way beyond what is advertised.

David

nemorov

I would find it hard to understand what performance you see as being let down, it ia after all only an auto pilot.

David[/QUOTE]

Yes my expectations were very high but only based on what I've experienced from my WKM and Naza systems... By performance I'm referring to stability in the air. I use my machines for broadcast filming so stability is everything to me. I'm not interested in speed or fancy functions just stability of the aircraft in a range of conditions.
Maybe I do have a duff unit but the IMU has already been changed as i did have a faulty one originally which wasn't holding height. Full marks to X Aircraft on this. They replied to all emails, asked for the black box logs, asked me to do a couple of specific tests and then confirmed the fault and immediately asked the UK dealer to provide a replacement. Customer service that DJI could learn a lot from...
So I'm not trying to put down Super X here in fact the opposite but I'm just reporting my experience. I've had great performance from my DJI systems but also some gremlins occasionally and the result is I just don't trust them.
So I really do want this system to work. So much so that I'm considering buying a second one just to see if my experiences with the first are an anomaly. Once I get it flying on the X8 I'll report again and if I still have stability concerns I'll post a video for others to comment on.
Gavin

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
By performance I'm referring to stability in the air
Gavin

I don't want to be augmentative, but a factual discussion is better than a 'subjective' assessment. Stability in the air is more related to motors, props and airframe than GPS, Gyros and accelerometers. I am a videographer and therefore know how we strive for vibration free and jello free images, I just don't want to see SX taking a bagging when it is not warranted, you have your opinion but it is 'subjective' no disrespect, but you might be the hardest person in the world to make happy! :dejection: and not truly representative of a 'user'

I refer you to this post and video from a user that has more experience with multiple systems than I would say both of us.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?13158-SuperX&p=137269&viewfull=1#post137269

David

Last edited by a moderator:

Av8Chuck

That guys videos have improved a lot over the past couple of years. He has some pretty funny reviews.

Facts are illusive online, but Stability in the air is more related to GPS, Gyros and accelerometers than to motors, props and airframe. You can have a very stable MR that has quit a bit of vibration that might introduce a lot of jello in a video camera, conversely you can have a MR that moves all over the place but no vibration.

nemorov

Stability not Vibration & Jello...

That guys videos have improved a lot over the past couple of years. He has some pretty funny reviews.

Facts are illusive online, but Stability in the air is more related to GPS, Gyros and accelerometers than to motors, props and airframe. You can have a very stable MR that has quit a bit of vibration that might introduce a lot of jello in a video camera, conversely you can have a MR that moves all over the place but no vibration.

Exactly my point... I know how to deal with vibration and jello and thats not the problem. My experience is the aircraft not holding its attitude well. I will state again I am not trying to diss the SuperX, just understand why others have a better experience than I do. I do not question that others have experienced better results than me, I too have seen the various videos online, I'm just stating that I'm not seeing that performance on a machine that i know is capable of giving the performance I need.
Yes I'm fussy but I'm also realistic. I'm not a beginner at this having done it for several years now and worked with SR Helis before that.

Gavin

VIQuad

My SX is rock steady on GPS hold, with minimal wind(5-8 mph). Rock steady defined as a VERY tight 3ft circle.... If any movement or drift at all. I rarely get a 1ft variation in up or down altitude, but for the most part it stays put.

BUT... I have noticed when I drive to a new location and fly, as close as a 10 miles away, the GPS hold seems to"hunt" around a little more when in a hoover. Maybe drift to a 5-6ft circle in hold. So I would land and recalibrate the compass then fly again, and it would be rock solid again. I thought it was weird that just a small change like that would make such a difference. Strange I know. So now I recalibrate with every flight, and rarely have any problems.

Have you considered something like that?....