YS-X6 ESC Advice

Hi, Im in the process of building a sky jib 8 to fly a DSLR and smaller cameras.
I initially emailed YS-X6 support to check if Castle ESCs would work, They told me they were compatible. So I placed my order a while back and only recently received them.
But now it turns out that they don't work, as I've read on the forums.

So I need some advice on what you guys think would be the next best thing.
Im looking for a 50amp ESC that is of the best build quality possible, ie not from hobby king.
But as i understand that may be the case. I know that redbrick ESCs from hobby king can be reflashed with SimonK; and those are compatible.

If anyone knows of something better im all ears.

Cheers Ryan

Well it depends on how much you are willing to pay. You have three choices, Herkules III, Esc32 and Hobbyking F40 reflashed. For peace of mind and slow safe performance Turnigy Plush 60 work too.

Sorry should have said I plan on using it with 6s batteries. That rules out esc32. Whats the difference between hobby king f40 and redbrick?

ChrisViperM

Is there a specific reason why CC ESC's don't work with the YS-X6....? I got the Maytech MT40A - opto V1 (2S - 6S) which should work with the YS-X6, but could not try it out yet. Just wondering what exactly makes one ESC to work with a specific FC, and what not....

Chris

The CC esc's have fixed endpoints at 900us-1850us. The YS-X6 needs to calibrate the esc's to it's own more limited range.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ive had a read and it sounds like there are some possible issue with the red bricks. So Im thinking of going the other route and getting the 70a esc. Does hobbyking sell the tools needed to flash an esc?

Does anyone have experience or know about the hobbywing platinum pro 60a escs? Are they compatible?
Also does any one know if its possible to ref lash cc esc`s with SimonK?

Kari

Blueseries 40A are 15g lighter than F-40 and blueseries 50A is 6S capable when F-50 is not, but to make life easier you need atmel flashing tool from hobbykiing if you end up blues. In blue series pads are not in row so flashing is slightly trickier than F- series in not using flashing tool. BTW blueseries are same as maytech V1:s in different wrap.

Kari

Kari

Does anyone have experience or know about the hobbywing platinum pro 60a escs? Are they compatible?
Also does any one know if its possible to ref lash cc esc`s with SimonK?

Why would you want to flash cc:s? CC mr firmware is just as good as simonk if not better. I have asked zerouav many times support for CC:s but nothing happened yet. Even Castle technician have contacted to zero uav to ask if they can help them to make it compatible.

Thanks for that info. Problem was I asked Zero UAV ages go if they did support cc. They told me they did so i placed an order with a local shop here in New Zealand. They were on bac order and only turned up a few weeks ago. This is when i read on the forums that they didnt work. So im stuck with 10 cc escs that dont work.

Kari

Well you can always try if you manage to find way to calibrate throttle range, it might be possible. Basicly cc:s should work but problem for me was arming protection. Maybe if you disable it you might find a way.

jrlederer

Thanks for that info. Problem was I asked Zero UAV ages go if they did support cc. They told me they did so i placed an order with a local shop here in New Zealand. They were on bac order and only turned up a few weeks ago. This is when i read on the forums that they didnt work. So im stuck with 10 cc escs that dont work.

Join the club with +10 CC Ice ESCs that turned out refuse to operate in a friendly manner with the YS-X6. Pretty unhappy about the situation but oh well, I guess.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

DmSk

with the latest firmware
4.02Beta09/12/12

<tbody>
</tbody>
it worked

Motors: QC-3328
http://www.quadrocopter.com/QuadroPower-Motor-QC-3328_p_392.хтмль
ESC: Phoenix ICE Lite 50

Settings:
1) Turn on the power controller YS-X6 (ESC OFF)
2) Click "init setup" in GCS
3) arm motor (stick V UPSIDE transmitter)
4) full Throttle transmitter
5) Power ESC ON
6) waiting tone beeps
7) down Throttle transmitter
7) click Quit init setup in GCS

Last edited by a moderator: