Your other rides??

Tomstoy2

Something tells me your wife has checked with the insurance company concerning an 'acts of insanity' clause!

Bet that's a real rush, though!

I can thoroughly see myself pulling a Wille Coyote moment and end up with one of those poles up my ***!

Always wondered how somebody goes about training on one of those things,,,,

hacksaw44

90% Hydrogen Peroxide. When it hits a "catalyst" in the motor which is solid silver screen it creates heat or steam. 800 HP motor.

I call it big blue, my last truck (sold everything else)- its got about 18 gallons on the chassis. Picco 28 powered with various mods, most durable truck I've owned:

Owned a highly modded T-maxx and Kyosho MFR. The Maxx had $1500 in it and broke all the time, got fed up with it. The Kyosho I used far a parts car for this:

1/8 scale 24" Camaro 4 stroke project with full interior, 2 speed fwd/rev/neutral tranny/solid axle rear end. Never finished it, still a work in progress.

My pride and joy, the black one on the right. 87 Fiero GT 5 speed, rebuilt the entire suspension, rebuilt a lot of the car mechanically. Got t-boned by a careless driver Dec 23rd and shes getting stripped soon and sent off to the junkyard :(

Just picked this one up last night:

Daily driver/ beater, 99 Grand Prix with the supercharger off a GTP, 3.4" pulley, 1.9 modified rockers, ZZP fuel rails/ tuned PCM, TOG headers/ 3" downpipe and dual exhaust with flowmaster 44s and magnaflow tips. Should be around 300whp, quick sleeper :D

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
90% Hydrogen Peroxide. When it hits a "catalyst" in the motor which is solid silver screen it creates heat or steam. 800 HP motor.

wow, very cool. is it built from plans or did you design it? that's gotta get the heart pumping when it kicks off the first time!

Bartman

I call it big blue, my last truck (sold everything else)- its got about 18 gallons on the chassis. Picco 28 powered with various mods, most durable truck I've owned:..................Daily driver/ beater, 99 Grand Prix with the supercharger off a GTP, 3.4" pulley, 1.9 modified rockers, ZZP fuel rails/ tuned PCM, TOG headers/ 3" downpipe and dual exhaust with flowmaster 44s and magnaflow tips. Should be around 300whp, quick sleeper :D

I thought the Camaro was real at first! Nice cars. Somewhere in the depths of my garage is a 66 Bonneville convertible that needs a couple of years of my time to be brought back to life. :( It's drivable but needs a lot of work. Maybe we should have a Pontiac forum here??!!? Then there's the derelict 77 MG-B under a tarp in the driveway, needs the engine rebuilt and the usual rust remediation before another couple of years of my life to make it pretty again. :(

Bartman

i saw that last night when i watched one of yours. pretty damn ballsy to take that thing up like that. what's the flight time like?

hacksaw44

30 Seconds. Cost $400.00 per flight. They pay anywhere from $10,000.00 to $15,000.00 per event. Probably no where near that now with the economy the way it is.

tstrike

pendejo grande

Attachments

• camcartechno.jpg
    camcartechno.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 272
  • cameracarbing.jpg
    cameracarbing.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 259
  • process trailer.jpg
    process trailer.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 301

kloner

Aerial DP
I got into rc around 12 yo, ma got me a kyosho frogger, and it pretty much never stopped form there, just progressed into a snowball. raced off road 1/10th my young adult life, then started working on helicopters at a local airfield, and the next natural progression was into rc helis. it took a while to learn to fly helis on my own back in 91, had a couple vhs tapes, set of training gear and an endless consumption of blades and booms, about the time i learned to fly the thing, life got in the way, took 14 years off rc, never did more than glance up at rc jets launching out of prado air park, and the occasional run ins in the weird places was training hunting dogs around town. Seems they were always looking for open space like i was so we crossed paths but i kept my interest grounded. later i got creamed on my gsxr 750 to the point of permanent dissability and as i sat around unable to crawl scaffold and ladders to paint helicopters, i got into painting model ones. thus, brought me back into the hobby. Been back at it 3 years now and have totally gone overboard with it. but hey, better than alot of habits i can think of....

i.php

i.php

i.php

067__800x471_.jpg
022__800x600_29.jpg

053__800x600_9.jpg

To slow the flow out of my wallett, i started painting canopies and fuselages, seems to help me get my fix without costing me nearly as much..... now if i could get a profit squeezed in there i'd have a biz, but the economy just isn't gonna let that happen right now http://kloners.com/

then when castle took away all my speed controllers this summer (was using all cc ICEhv) i got into planks. had been messing around int he yard for a few years, but no real room to get good, until i found this

cause you can crash and fly. that really made me come a long ways fast,,,,,

also put together an extreme flight 60" edge 540 electric and extreme flight 70" extra 300 26cc gasser. I'm getting there with them, just not as brave being balsa planks.

017__800x612_.jpg

Then theres the boat, home made plate boat with a closed cooling system and surface piercing mud drive
156-5684_IMG.jpeg

153-5365_IMG.jpeg

You guys are gonna see alot more of this when it gets hot, planning on chasing myself with the multi soon

hacksaw, you got balls man

Attachments

• Prado6802.jpeg
    Prado6802.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 301
  • running_marks3.jpeg
    running_marks3.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 257
Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

we've got a crazy 3 yr old white one. she's got more energy than those jet packs, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. cool heli's Cloner, kudos to you for having the patience to do the scale detailing stuff.
bart

kloner

Aerial DP
thanks, i spent 5 years not walking in one various form or another. 10 surgeries, MRSA, kinda been through the ringer

these are hunting labs, the ribbons are senior hunter passes at AKC dog games they do. you get 4 passes them move onto the next level. This was about as far as i went with it

there nutts, this is what they look like running out to get a rubber bumper
155-5539_IMG_copy.jpeg

start obiedience around 8 weeks old
sit.jpeg

sit, stay

get em in the water right outta the shoot
first_water.jpeg

they turn into machines

3-15-0303.jpeg

Bartman

i feel bad for our dog, she'd be an awesome hunter or even just a farm dog. she's using only like .02% of her brain being a family pet and you can see it in her that she'd be perfectly happy running through snow and weeds for hours on end day after day. we take her sledding and she runs up and down the hill over and over to chase sledders, then comes home and wants to play some more. whatever it is, it'd be worth billions if they could bottle it. great dogs!

kloner

Aerial DP
the wife and i after 20 years decided to start a familly, i know.....

unfortunately the hunting thing was the first thing to throttle back. it's kinda for the better though, they had a great run and this will help em live out a somewhat normal retirement without being taunted by there replacements coming home smelling like bird. The 2 of em now are kid crumb vacumes making a living retrieving mac and cheese, cookies, cupcakes, you name it. They still got a couple acres to chase stuff around the yard and stretch there legs, but there gunning days are over and now there pin cussions for the kids to dress up and annoy. paybacks are a *****, can't tell you how many nights they'd sit there wimpering waiting to go out hunting the next day, waiting for the sun to rise. it's a pretty fun lifestyle, but you gotta really like it to deal with the cold

spent a few mornings staring at this waiting for the show
IMG_0078__800x600_.jpg

Tomstoy2

Made me laugh, remembering. Mine used to lay there in his sleep, geese flying over, honking, and still asleep yo wld here him go 'woof'!

Only had one dog that was a better hunter, a German Shorthair, but what a monster,,, probably because my wife would feed him Jallipeno's to get even with me,,,

Macsgrafs

Started RC flying in about 1985, have successfully crashed well over 50 aircraft in my early days (they do tend to last more than 2 weeks now).
I currently fly a Trex600esp, a phase 3 F16, a RC buzzard, RC factory Flash (foamie 3d thingy), Global 88" span 50cc petrol powered SU26 (my fav), YT international zlin 50L (KIA) & of course my octo.
View attachment 2608View attachment 2609View attachment 2610View attachment 2611View attachment 2612View attachment 2613View attachment 2614View attachment 2615

If the photo of my Mrs with my heli is a touch too hard for the forum, please feel free to remove.

Ross

Attachments

• _MG_9316.jpg
    _MG_9316.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 343
  • _MG_9338.jpg
    _MG_9338.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 268
  • blade4.jpg
    blade4.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_8995.jpg
    IMG_8995.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_9916.jpg
    IMG_9916.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 142
  • phase-f16.jpg
    phase-f16.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 320
  • trexxie-kirsty.jpg
    trexxie-kirsty.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 258

I thought the Camaro was real at first! Nice cars. Somewhere in the depths of my garage is a 66 Bonneville convertible that needs a couple of years of my time to be brought back to life. :( It's drivable but needs a lot of work. Maybe we should have a Pontiac forum here??!!? Then there's the derelict 77 MG-B under a tarp in the driveway, needs the engine rebuilt and the usual rust remediation before another couple of years of my life to make it pretty again. :(

Thanks! If you're into models, its a Monogram 1/8- they have other cool ones like the Smokey and the Bandit Trans Ams, various generations of Vettes, Jags, and a few others. I stopped the project because I want to build everything with a CNC instead of hacked up parts from other cars and a C-channel aluminum chassis.

Hey if you need a hand with that Bonnie you can give me a holler, I love restoring/ modifying cars :D. Theres a guy with a few of those MGs around here that are always torn apart, cool little cars.

Whatever you do, just don't let them rust away if you don't have the time for them. I hate seeing cars that can be restored just fall apart and eventually get sent to the scrap yard :(

Fantastic pics guys, nice paint work on the helis and cool dogs!