Your other rides??

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I've been flying RC since about 1983 or so. Everything up until just recently was fixed wing and I never even considered or had an interest in traditional helicopters. I'm also a bit smitten by older cars as evidenced by the 66 Pontiac Bonneville convertible in my garage awaiting restoration.
Here are a few pics of what I've been flying. I like to find old planes that are a bit different or in need of fixing up. The Akromaster came from Craigslist and was stripped and fixed up a bit before getting new cover. The Extra was part of an estate I bought and later mostly sold off. It's been through hell (partly before me and partly by me) but still flies great. I built the Cub and will be switching it over from 4 stroke glow to gas for this year.
I've got a few others but those are my main fleet.
Let's see some pics. What else are you guys into?
Bart

Attachments

• akromaster 29aug2010 small.jpg
    akromaster 29aug2010 small.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 153
  • P1010137.jpg
    P1010137.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 322
  • PB110446.jpg
    PB110446.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 159
  • akromaster  2 29aug2010 small.jpg
    akromaster 2 29aug2010 small.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 155

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Bart.. I have a garage full of crashed copters, but this was my first MultiRotor. Ted, the pilot has been to six of the seven continents on this planet, he's sky dived, caved, climbed (some of the world highest mountains and been three times on the biggest) raced down hill mountainbike, flow first class on BA, flown cattle and chicken class on Pakistani airways, cruised around Antarctica in a twin Otter, sat by the pilot on a SafAir C130 into to Patriot Hills landing on a blue ice runway... no wheel breaks allowed. Seen the sun set in Antactic, and the Arctic, bum slid down Mount Dinali and a hunderd and one snow gullies, walked the Frozen rivers of Zangskar, had tea with the King of the same and snuck in to meeting of the RGS in London and met the Queen just to name but a few of his advantures... but what he loves more than out now in his more restful days is flying his quadcopter!
P1050378.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Crash

Defies Psychics
Hi Bart.. I have a garage full of crashed copters, but this was my first MultiRotor. Ted, the pilot has been to six of the seven continents on this planet, he's sky dived, caved, climbed (some of the world highest mountains and been three times on the biggest) raced down hill mountainbike, flow first class on BA, flown cattle and chicken class on Pakistani airways, cruised around Antarctica in a twin Otter, sat by the pilot on a SafAir C130 into to Patriot Hills landing on a blue ice runway... no wheel breaks allowed. Seen the sun set in Antactic, and the Arctic, bum slid down Mount Dinali and a hunderd and one snow gullies, walked the Frozen rivers of Zangskar, had tea with the King of the same and snuck in to meeting of the RGS in London and met the Queen just to name but a few of his advantures... but what he loves more than out now in his more restful days is flying his quadcopter!

Sheesh.....that's nothin. I once climbed to the top of one of the largest drag cranes in the world and drank a beer with my feet dangling over the edge. :rolleyes:

Seriously, how does anyone top Ted's excellent adventures? WOW!

A few years ago I spent my off days being a hang gliding bum. I may get back into it now that I live fairly close to a mountain launch.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hey Crash.. Ted reminded me about his El Capitan base jump!.. I told him about the crane and he was wondering how he can get to you for the hang glider buzz coz he aint done that.. He has traveled express air before but if the envelope aint bubble wrap he gets rashes from the paper pulp!

Dave... Teds butler and general adventure minder

Bartman

you guys are too freakin' funny.

i was expecting pics of old harley's and stuff but a world traveling bear with more stories than a 2nd recon marine at his retirement party? unexpected!

Bartman

P1050378.jpg

i forgot to mention Dave, that gear on your quad makes the most sense of any gear i've seen on any multi-rotor yet.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hmmm, lets see here, among the ground based RC stuff there's the TMaxx "MadMaxx" featuring all alloy chassis, Picco 26 engine and suitably beefed up drivetrain, a Revo 2008 Platinum Edition, mostly stock, a mini E Revo, highly modified and stupidly fast for such a small chassis...

DSC_0011a-1.jpg

The Associated Nitro TC3...

DSC_0008a-1.jpg

And some other stuff like an Ofna LX Comp 1/8 nitro buggy and a tiny 1/16 nitro powered buggy that I don't have online pics for.

In the powered flight department besides all the multirotors hanging around there's a bunch of single rotor stuff like a Walkera 4#3B, an eSky Honey Bee King II built entirely from afterrmarket parts, a Trex 450, a Protech Zoom 450 IC (nitro powered 450 size heli), a Raptor 50 Titan, a XCell Fury Expert 60, a Century Radikal 20 gasser heli, and I just sold the XCell SPectra G gasser to finance anoher MK.

Here's some of the heli fleet...

DSC_0009a-1.jpg

When I feel the need to put myself into the driver, or I should say rider's seat I have at my disposal a 1957 Norton ES2 500cc single cylinder, a 1971 Norton 750cc Commando, a 1975 Norton 850cc Commando, a 2001 Kawasaki Concours, aka GTR 1000 on the other side of the pond, and my favorite, a 2007 BMW R 1200 RT with Ohlins suspension and more electronic doodads than you could ever need on a motorcycle like gps, satellite radio, bluetooth wireless to helmet headset to hear gps directions, radio, cell phone, alerts from the Valentine 1 radar detector, and FRS radio for bike to bike communication.

My wife says I have too many toys, I have no idea what she's talking about...:confused: ;)

Ken

P.S. that bear looks like the first cousin to Mr Whoppit and if you don't anything of that famous bear, Google Donald Campbell and Bluebird or just go to http://www.speedbear.co.uk/

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
i forgot to mention Dave, that gear on your quad makes the most sense of any gear i've seen on any multi-rotor yet.

Like what?... The lights I have on it give great directional sense. I have red behind the blue and green behind the red. So if you are flying tail in, green above red going away, red above green coming home, like wise nose in, blue above red going away, red above blue coming home, its great to fly at dusk and in the dark.. First time I flew it in the dark at a local park I got lit up by a passing the police helicopter!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yo, Ken you got tinternet in the big bird or are you still sat at the airport!?

Now thats what I call a real selection of toys.. BIG and small! You got a barn for a garage or do they populate 2/3rds of the house!

Bartman

Like what?... The lights I have on it give great directional sense. I have red behind the blue and green behind the red. So if you are flying tail in, green above red going away, red above green coming home, like wise nose in, blue above red going away, red above blue coming home, its great to fly at dusk and in the dark.. First time I flew it in the dark at a local park I got lit up by a passing the police helicopter!

dave,I was referring to the landing gear...it looks like it has some spring and the rings at the bottom keep the legs from snagging anything....looks lightweight too.good stuffbart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ok.. yep I put the rings on to stop snagging.. well spotted. Its also my fly about general learning quad as is light to fly, quick and unforgiving.. so you cannot just throw it around you need to keep it under control or its down..

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So my Biking/RC buddy has gone on holiday as sent me this picture of the laundry room in his rented accommodation!

IMG_0181.jpg

See Bart you can see in one of the pics I did have those glasses. :)
I also own and love a Parkzone Corsair and have had many other planes that have not made it though. Most of the ones pictured have crossed over to the other side...........of a trash bag. You can see some of the exploits here. http://www.youtube.com/user/redhotpearl1?feature=mhum
I'm not trying to promote it or anything it's just some stuff we've filmed since I've gotten into this hobby and early AP stuff from the EZStar. Utterly garbage by my standards now. I miss flying fixed wing I have to make myself fly more of it.

Attachments

• DSC_0427.jpg
    DSC_0427.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC_0429.jpg
    DSC_0429.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC_0621.jpg
    DSC_0621.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC_0426.jpg
    DSC_0426.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC_0429.jpg
    DSC_0429.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 166

Tomstoy2

Attachments

• P1160009.jpg
    P1160009.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 247
  • PA090001.jpg
    PA090001.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 264
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 164
  • PB040005.jpg
    PB040005.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 179
  • PA030006.jpg
    PA030006.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 207
  • P9090002.jpg
    P9090002.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 336
  • P1100002 (2).jpg
    P1100002 (2).jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 275
  • PC060003.jpg
    PC060003.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 207
  • PB160006.jpg
    PB160006.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 261

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
As interesting as a ride on one of those jetpacks might be, I think I'd pass on it. At least with wings or a rotor you can more or less glide in if the power quits, falling out of the sky like a stone isn't on my bucket list! ;)

Ken

Bartman

hacksaw, would you win our "Most Broken Bones" contest should we decide to go ahead with that as our next contest? :)

is that just compressed air or is there an element of combustion going on also?