kloner

Aerial DP

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 257

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
The heat shrink barely slides over and even with heat I swear I cant get the prop on! It made me even wonder if the props arent 6mm, just a hair large. I sliced a 1/8" or less sliver of the stuff too. So Bartman says use a straw instead. I ordered a new balancer, some new props in various forms from APC, as I just like plastic props. But when it comes in I will try once more before pawning off my Xoars.

With the wooden ones and the carbon ones I've just bolted them on and started flying - no problem. Was the hole size not right to begin with? Sorry you're having so many problems with them.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Apparently not. It sounds like they come 1/4" and my shaft is 6mm. I'm waiting for my straw to arrive in the mail.

SamaraMedia

Graves RC - http://www.gravesrc.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=xoar+matching&Search.x=0&Search.y=0 is advertising matched set of Xoar's, a little pricey in my opinion, found a cheaper alternative with these GemFan wood props: http://www.innov8tivedesigns.com/index.php?cPath=46_148 offered at Innov8tivedesigns.
Cheaper for me when I crash...found I had a bad capacitor on my NAZA DJI SBEC/LED INDICATOR MODULE which caused my F550 to violently crash splintering all those nice new wood props. New ones on the way.

John

Danub

Has anyone seen a vendor in the US supplying the new PJP-A precision matched pairs?
I haven't been able to find a dealer stocking them . . . I'm gonna e-mail bobshobbycenter. . . . but thought I would ask here too.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
OK, I tried the straw and it was way too tight so I went back to the heat shrink and found if I heat it up before shoving it all the way down the shaft I could use the prop to screw the heatshrink up with it. After 4 hours of RE-balancing the Xoars! I bolted them back on with the heatshrink. The inital results without the weight of the camera were great. I thought I had it solved. But as soon as I strapped my dummy weight on the gimbal the arms started oscillating horribly! What the hell is going on here? My AUW without camera is just under 11 lbs. My camera weighs 1.3lbs. For 8 2814's with 12" props this shouldnt be an issue. I'll try the APC thins next. If those dont work I am going back to the trusty slow fly's which have been the best prop so far all around for stable flight.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I might have 8 for sale any minute now. I am just not having luck with these. Is it possible there is some type of harmonic weirdness that occurs when using 2 different props in a coax setup? So weird that it is smooth at 11lbs but not at 12.5.

DennyR

Kloner old buddy, they are so quiet, all I could hear was a lot of heavy breathing. Something else going on !!!!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
how do the Xoars compare to Guapners?

the Xoar props are very light, they're made of Beechwood which is a natural vibration absorbing material (wood), they're stiff enough to not be a source of vibration from flexing, they break/splinter when you crash so the prop and motor shafts don't get damaged, they have an actual airfoil and deeper chord than the Graupners so they make more lift, and they look good.

being a natural material though, both the blades and the hubs need to be balanced. Once balanced they're quiet and very smooth.

they're all i've been using for the last 1 1/2 yrs. i prefer the PJA nitro props over the PJN electric props.

Danub

i prefer the PJA nitro props over the PJN electric props.
I have been looking for pjp-a matched pairs and can't find them??
Where are you getting them at? I did- email bobs hobby center. . . got no reply.
hos site only shows electric matched pairs :(

Bartman

I have been looking for pjp-a matched pairs and can't find them??
Where are you getting them at? I did- email bobs hobby center. . . got no reply.
hos site only shows electric matched pairs :(

I'm about due to place an order with them. THe lead time is a killer as a lot of the multi-rotor props aren't in stock and must be made to order along with their bulk orders. the wait can be 6 to 8 weeks if everything goes as planned.

If anyone has an interest in a bulk order of our own, please lit what you'd like and we'll see about delivery times.

Bart

Danub

I'm about due to place an order with them. THe lead time is a killer as a lot of the multi-rotor props aren't in stock and must be made to order along with their bulk orders. the wait can be 6 to 8 weeks if everything goes as planned.

If anyone has an interest in a bulk order of our own, please lit what you'd like and we'll see about delivery times.

Bart
Whoa!! Based on that lead time I better "fine tune" with apc's before I decide on size.

Bartman

Whoa!! Based on that lead time I better "fine tune" with apc's before I decide on size.

i found out from Bob's that Xoar is moving into a new factory and that an order placed now would probably take 8 wks to be filled. Chinese New Year is also factoring into that.