Turnigy Wood Props

nicwilke

I've scoured this forum for over 15 minstrel and cannot find if this has been asked before, so apologies if it has.
I'm wanting to try wooden props of about 13x4 to 13x5 size, and can't find the gemfan props in stock anywhere. I see hobby king has Turnigy props in the multirotor section.
Has anyone tried these? I'm wanting them for AP on a Droidworx XM6 with an estimated AUW of 4.6kg.
Cheers

GoodVibes

From what I've heard they seem to be spot on, maybe a tad bit of balancing needed but for that price they are very good compared to buying Xoar props. Im gonna order a few tomorrow for my octo, they should be good for your Droidworx.

nicwilke

Big. Here is one side by side with a Graupner 11x5.
Quality is superb. I've got 6 gemfan woods coming also, so will compare.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350474930902.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350474930902.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 323

mailman35

where are you sourcing the props from? my last flight out(few months ago) i had 2 jxf props explode on me thankfully i was close to the ground and only broke the plastic im thinkin about going to lower kv motors at some point.

Efliernz

Pete
While I haven't tested the HK woods yet, the blades seem wide - slow-fly style. I tested some Xoar "matched-pair" woods that had narrow blades and they handled the wind and turbulence so much better than the APC SF props I had been using. I suspect APC or other rigid narrow E-props would have done better in those conditions too.

At the price, I will try the HK woods but I urge caution on comparing flight characteristics of Graupner (or other) narrow blades to wooden wide blades. Certainly compare wide vs wide of other brands...

Just my 2c worth ;)

Pete

flitelab

I think it really comes down to comparing how the aircraft flies and handles and power efficiency more so than comparing props to props, it is all about getting the best prop for the job in my mind, be they wood, CF, narrow, wide, etc. In the end we want the best prop for the aircraft, not the best replacement prop for brand X to Y.

The nice thing with the wood props is no flex and nice big hubs so little fear to ever break one in flight.

The best prop also depends on how you plan to use the aircraft, ie aerobatic, AP/AV, etc. Wont be the same prop for all uses.

flitelab

I can ship Internationally, I usually just don't offer it since typically there is a reseller in most countries and with shipping costs and customs it is not always the cheapest or fastest.

What was it you were looking for? I just sold my last batch of 12X4 to Australia, but will be getting more in hopefully in a few weeks.