XAircraft XAircraft X650 tuners of the world, UNITE!

actually a wire was in the wrong port.. so dumbbb! im fried though from working.. now i am not getting any rudder,elevator,aileron response only throttle... and the ahrs is blinking red at a certain rpm and randomly from vibration. need to figure out how to mount it...

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i sent my XA FC and AHRS to a friend for him to experiment with so I can't help since I don't think the software will let me in without a FC to hook up to it.

got the response now i went back to firmware 1.22 and it works fine however stuff is still acting weird yaw is going off on its own the flight mode switch is not responding etc etc.. wouldnt mind speaking with someone that has done this mod . i think im close, really close

so everytime i have the x650 about to lift off looking pretty stable i try some rudder to get a reaction and it flips over on its side, blink of the eye. not sure what is going on

checked wires again , I ran them all over again to make sure there in the right spot.

still doesnt respond to well at all. heres some pics of it for reference. ill have to shoot a video of the problems

the gear switch isnt responding either so i cannot switch from hover to sport!
which is why its not returning the power back to center when i release the sticks.

IMG_5532.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5530.jpg

the top motors are set up like this
Notice_for_Wiring-Cross_Style.png

bottom one spins opposite to the top and has the opposite blade as the top
Should be right! Right?

Bartman

the bottoms should each spin opposite of their top neighbor but the props should be installed the same right-side-up way as the tops. if the copter is on its back and you're installing the lower props, you should be holding them upside down as you thread them on so they're right side up when you turn the copter over.
as for the glitches, you're the resident expert on XAircraft so we're looking to you to get this thing flying! windhorny is too! can you try reinstalling the firmware for the FC and AHRS maybe? I'm not sure why it would be so prone to not recognizing radio commands. Either the wiring from the receiver to the FC inputs is incorrect or the firmware is screwy. just a guess but that's what it sounds like to me.
Keep us posted.
Bart

Bartman

the bottoms should each spin opposite of their top neighbor but the props should be installed the same right-side-up way as the tops. if the copter is on its back and you're installing the lower props, you should be holding them upside down as you thread them on so they're right side up when you turn the copter over.

looking at the top two pics again it looks like you've got them on correctly.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
You guys are making me nervous again. I still dont even have mine. traded in the Futaba for a JR in anticipation of ending up with an MK. The good news is that I am building up clients without even having a heli. Go figure, how did that happen? So Chris, resident x650 dude, WTF happened? All this started after adding the 4 additional motors, right? Is there a special config for an x8 that is checked off correctly? If you unplug all the additional stuff from the FC will it fly normally again? Just thinking logically. Why can't we get the Wright brother himself on here to help?

Bartman

You guys are making me nervous again. I still dont even have mine. traded in the Futaba for a JR in anticipation of ending up with an MK. The good news is that I am building up clients without even having a heli. Go figure, how did that happen? So Chris, resident x650 dude, WTF happened? All this started after adding the 4 additional motors, right? Is there a special config for an x8 that is checked off correctly? If you unplug all the additional stuff from the FC will it fly normally again? Just thinking logically. Why can't we get the Wright brother himself on here to help?

he's signed up here. shoot him a PM and tell him to get his arse over here. i think he signed up as XaircraftUSA.

hahahahahah

nothing to worry about

got it in a hover today late
took me a while...

still zero rudder response though.... ill get her though. do not worry...

I GOT IT

I found this WAYYYY back in the threads at rcgroups so i tried it.. went right outside and it workeddddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestergaard
i am going insane now.
I have tried to update the firmware of my x650.
But I think I did it the wrong way.
I updated all the firmwares without disconnect the AHRS from the FC.
All went well untill I installed the latest XAircraft_Configuration_v_1.1.5.414.
So now when I am trying to connect to x650 I only got the red message:
Connect faild: Time out.
And I have tried to connect with the AHRS connected to the FC and without.
But with the same sad result.
And the FC has a red light when I connect it, not green.

This is the order I installed the updates in:

Flight_Controller_1.31_en.xfw
AHRS_1.20_en.xfw
XAircraft_Configuration_v_1.1.5.414
The order you did things tells me that what you actually did was flash the AHRS firmware onto the FC.

1) What you now need to do is disconnect everything from the FC (and I mean EVERYTHING).
2) Connect the FC to the USB, but do NOT pick connect.
3) Go to "Tools" and then "Firmware Upgrade".
4) Now follow the on screen instructions to upgrade the firmware of the FC back to 1.31 instead of the AHRS sofware.
5) Once you've done this you need to disconnect the FC from the USB device and connect the AHRS (as it still is running the old version).
6) Do the same steps as above but of course pick the AHRS 1.2 firmware this time.

Re-connect everything back up again and you should be good to go.

- Jeff

p.s. Ask me how I know you've put the AHRS firmware onto the FC. I believe the expression is "been there, done that".

I have to say though Jeffrey from xaircraft has done nothing but help me throughout this entire process , He is a wealth of knowledge and cannot believe we have never met and I didnt even by my xaircraft off him only parts for it.. he has done nothing but help me since the beginning!

Thank you to everyone who helped. stay tuned for more videos soon with the new rig...

CMonteiro

Hi guys,
After reading this inbteresting thread, I thought I ought to share with you this experience.
After several crashes and repairing one arm, I decided to make some geometrical measurements on my x650 and surprise... it was all wrong. Different distances between axes, arms not ortogonal, etc.
So I decided to make a geometrical gig according to the general dimensions of the copter, losen all screws and correct the full geometry. Didn´t test it after this. I will do it soon. But knowing that you guys are making ajustments on pid and configuring rc, just have a look at the photos. I corrected distance between axes and centered the main body in the middle.
Hope this helps someone.
CMonteiro
View attachment 775View attachment 777View attachment 776

Attachments

• WEB_IMG_2441.jpg
    WEB_IMG_2441.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 209
  • WEB_IMG_2443.jpg
    WEB_IMG_2443.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 345
  • WEB_IMG_2442.jpg
    WEB_IMG_2442.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 379

That is really awesome Cmonteiro ... I will try it and check out what you have described !! Check out this little video ... no isolation, no flight plan or objective, no stabilisation only a hard mounted GoPro, this should show how smooth the NEW XAircraft X650V-8 is ... even though it was almost dark and the light is extremely poor, the video is nice and I had fun flying it. added music was the only edit. ENJOY !! NO post processing either !!

No cheating ...

Last edited by a moderator:

CMonteiro

Smooth flight. I wish I could fly like that, but still don't master the bird to do that.
If you liked my experiments, go and see the post I just posted on General discussion. It's called "Monitoring attitude"

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Damn I am so upset with myself. I just got my new props in for my v8 and i spent 2 hours balancing them on my magnetic balancer. So of course I wanted to see if it at least hovered. Too late to take outside so I thought I would do a late night living room hover. Went fine, props all turned the right way but after touching down the craft started to tilt forward due to the landing gear getting stuck in the carpet so I gave it some throttle only to find it climbing into the ceiling and falling upside down on the floor to break my new props! Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why cant I get extra props for these things?? Does anyone know of another prop that works on the Xaircrafts? I cant keep losing weeks at a time because a prop breaks. This was totally my fault and kinda stupid but this is why we have backups on hand. So frustrated.

Kilby

did you measure the widest part of that hub? I'm convinced you can fit other props on there.