Wookong M View and Click to Go.

Tahoe Ed

That is nice, but if you cannot communicate that info to the WKM it is meaningless. I think that including single way point is a good move on the part of DJI. I have the single way point so I would like to upgrade to the 5 waypoint. Where can I do it?

fritz99

Very interesting.
So DJI has to react on other suppliers with theit features.
I just hope that all those things will become cheaper in the future.

Fritz

Kilby

Does this do anything for existing Wookong owners? Do we have to purchase the view kit in order to get the single waypoint?

rsun

You Will nede the view kit, but you Will save 1100$ on the waypoint.

Last edited by a moderator:

So it seems that the exciting new features DJI has promised for are just a lame bait to make us buy the overpriced data link for a lousy single waypoint.
Wow I am sold. Lame

For 2 times the price of only the data link I got the YS-X6 that absolutely destroys Wk in flight performance, gimbal performance, features and support.

Tahoe Ed

Red, just compare costs. The DJi data connect is $550 for the 900mHz. The YS-X6 is compatible. If YS-XS is about the same cost. However if you include the cost of Waypoints, the cost increases accordingly.

So it seems that the exciting new features DJI has promised for are just a lame bait to make us buy the overpriced data link for a lousy single waypoint.
Wow I am sold. Lame

For 2 times the price of only the data link I got the YS-X6 that absolutely destroys Wk in flight performance, gimbal performance, features and support.

fritz99

Red, just compare costs. The DJi data connect is $550 for the 900mHz. The YS-X6 is compatible. If YS-XS is about the same cost. However if you include the cost of Waypoints, the cost increases accordingly.

TheDJI data connection works over long distances, the YS as a wlan connection only works over 100 meters.
That is a big difference.
YS is not really useable !

Fritz

TheDJI data connection works over long distances, the YS as a wlan connection only works over 100 meters.
That is a big difference.
YS is not really useable !

Fritz

So the ability to see flight status, calibrate and verify compass calibration, PID tuning, 4 way points, gimbal lock, click and go, follow me (using a cheap android phone) and telemetry all without carrying a heavy laptop are useless because you need to be under 100 meters to use them?

I just don't agree with you.

If you need long range ZeroUav offers a 900 mhz kit too.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21776155&postcount=1056

fritz99

So the ability to see flight status, calibrate and verify compass calibration, PID tuning, 4 way points, gimbal lock, click and go, follow me (using a cheap android phone) and telemetry all without carrying a heavy laptop are useless because you need to be under 100 meters to use them?

I just don't agree with you.

If you need long range ZeroUav offers a 900 mhz kit too.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21776155&postcount=1056

900 MHz is not allowed in Europe !

Fritz

rsun

And who ever trust the Wlan or bluetooth in a mobilefon controling 4000$ gear..... come on, wake up... !!!

And how about making it smaller... It IS a laptop you are putting in the MR instead...

And who ever trust the Wlan or bluetooth in a mobilefon controling 4000$ gear..... come on, wake up... !!!

And how about making it smaller... It IS a laptop you are putting in the MR instead...

For those that don't get it. You still fly using your tx, the WiFi connection is used by the GS for telemetry and settings.

You know what they say about size...

Now let me go back to sleep.

apeman88

Correct me if I'm wrong... From what I read... the DJI data link allows you to fly without your RC TX... you can put it away and fly completely from PC with auto take off, fly with a PC joystick, auto come home and land.

Cut and paste from DJI website
"
Operator can either use keyboard or joystick with ground station system to control the helicopter movements and attitude via DJI data link. Manual mode can be applied when out of radio (transmitter) signal range by using either keyboard or joystick for control. This provision/feature allows control when the radio (transmitter) stopped working after mission started."
http://www.dji-innovations.com/products/wkm-waypoint/features/

Ken

For those that don't get it. You still fly using your tx, the WiFi connection is used by the GS for telemetry and settings.

You know what they say about size...

Now let me go back to sleep.

Lanzar

HI Geoff,

is there a size difference between the 2.5 and the 900 version ? How big are the modules that go on the copter compared to the PMU for example ?

Thanks

Boris

Boris 900 mhz is baned in some european parts and it has longer range than 2.4ghz and more tolerant to obsticales.

Lanzar

Correct me if I'm wrong... From what I read... the DJI data link allows you to fly without your RC TX... you can put it away and fly completely from PC with auto take off, fly with a PC joystick, auto come home and land.

Ken

Yes u can fly it without the transmiter.
U should see us trying it for the first time. We took the quad out. Pc on, and then the first thing look autotakeoff button (what does it do???) and whummmm and the quadd was 10m in the air. Then the question, how do we operate it. Where is the trottle, how do u moove. SOMEONE HELP. Nah let just wait for autoland when the battery will be empty. Then quick look in the help in the software and we got basic movement. Was a funny experience.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Personally I would never fly it without the transmitter! At least if something goes wrong, you can flick off GPS and land it yourself.

I have seen waypoint flying and it is very good, but the extra backup of the transmitter is always advisable.

Gunter.

CineRebel

Does anyone know ..

is it possible to record a flight track that have been controlled from the transmitter and then replay that?? this might be very handy if you shooting on a Film set!

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
Does anyone know ..

is it possible to record a flight track that have been controlled from the transmitter and then replay that?? this might be very handy if you shooting on a Film set!

A little tricky, but it is posible, you have to have Fly trace and Pathextrude on ( green line ), and after the flight put in your waypoints.