Things They Do Not Tell You

bensid54

OK let me get this straight when you move your joysticks you can see sliders going in one direction or the other depending on your movements? When you turn switches on and off you can see movement right?

OK let me get this straight when you move your joysticks you can see sliders going in one direction or the other depending on your movements? When you turn switches on and off you can see movement right?

WRONG! Nothing happens when I move the joysticks. Nothing happens when I turn the switches on or off. Although I have the steady green light, it is as if my machine is not making a connection to the program. Either I have the wrong program or who knows what.

What I need is a basic step by step set of instructions for the NAZA installation that Ken has installed. The instuctions he promised me, but the instructions I never received because Ken has become incommunicado. We can only hope that nothing bad has come his way. I cannot believe that after all he has done for me at a lot of expense to him in time and money, that he would just leave me flapping in the wind.

bensid54

And your machine is plugged in right? I'm not sitting there with you so that's why I'm asking stupid questions.

bensid54

Try this turn on your computer double click the naza assist turn on your radio plug the battery in for your machine then hit the skip tab to open up your Naza assist try in that order and tell me how you do. If that fails Chris look at the top of the controller it should tell you what you have for a system. Find that out and go into the Naza website then go to support you will find the right download there. Wait a minute

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
As far as I can see he has a newer Naza Assistant software loaded up and needs to up grade to new firmware or load an older Assistant. I can send you whatever version of Assistant you need but recommend not doing this, if you cant upgrade the firmware and reload the settings from the Naza guide then you probably should wait til someone can do it for you or just go buy a Blade mQx RTF.

Cheers

Pete

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!

What I need is a basic step by step set of instructions for the NAZA installation that Ken has installed. The instuctions he promised me, but the instructions I never received because Ken has become incommunicado. We can only hope that nothing bad has come his way. I cannot believe that after all he has done for me at a lot of expense to him in time and money, that he would just leave me flapping in the wind.

DJI already have that here.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/nazam-v2/en/NAZA-M_Quick_Start_Guide_v1.20_en.pdf

bensid54

Chris do you have a digital camera that you can post pictures with? If so take a picture of every step you are doing and describe each step one at a time, that way we can see what you are doing and maybe help direct you better. I've put out feelers for people in your area and hope someone will come forward.

Chris do you have a digital camera that you can post pictures with? If so take a picture of every step you are doing and describe each step one at a time, that way we can see what you are doing and maybe help direct you better. I've put out feelers for people in your area and hope someone will come forward.

I don't know that pictures would help any ben.

Step 1
I plug my MR into my running computer via the USB cable.

Step 2
I turn on my TX.

Step 3
I plug in my battery and my MR does its beeping thing and I get a steady green light.

Step 4
I launch my Assistant program and get the screen I sent you with an overlay of the notice to upgrade.

Step 5
I exit the upgrade screen.

Step 6
I try to move the indicaters on the screen by moving my TX sticks, but nothing happens.

I can't go anywhere from there.

Step 6
I try to move the indicaters on the screen by moving my TX sticks, but nothing happens.
I can't go anywhere from there.
Chris, I think you may be misunderstanding what we are wanting you to do with the Assistant Software. Using the Tx won't change things on your screen. You still need to use your mouse to navigate to the screen.

So back to the screen you captured and posted, the one that says "NAZA-M V2", and it shows you a "Main Controller" and a "GPS" rows... With your computer mouse, navigate and click on the "View" icon in to top left. You should see a screen like the following:
View attachment 13649

With that screen showing, now you can move your Tx controls and switches and see some movement. If you do not see movement, try clicking on the "Basic" icon on top; you should then see 4 menus: "Aircraft", "Mounting", "RC", "Gain"... Click on "RC" and you should see the same sliders. Try moving your Tx controls again.

If you still don't see anything move, then we will have to try and guide you through downloading an older version of the Assistant Software that matches the Naza firmware version that Ken installed on your MR. Please let us know if you get to this screen and if you see movement of the sliders as you move the controls on your Tx. Alternatively, Ben might be able to guide you through writing down all your settings, then upgrade the Naza firmware.

As you know, I'm in the middle of a 3 week period with very spotty access to the internet, so I don't know when I'll be able to check back again.

Attachments

• Naza Assistant SW.jpg
    Naza Assistant SW.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 347
Last edited by a moderator:

bensid54

One way to tell if your radio and receiver are bound is if you unplug your copter from the computer the light will give green flashes ETC if it is NOT then you will get a rapid flashing yellow light.

Ken,

Tried to send you a PM, but you have used all of your PM Quota and cannot receive any further messages until you free up some space.

Chris