Team Blacksheep Discovery build

Sebas600

No the vtx is powered by the vtx connection side.
The cam is powered by the cam side
I wish to power it thru the core:

1. I payed for it :)
2. it's filtered this way

both the cam and vtx are soldered at 12V
the osd is enabled.

DesJardins

Oh I get how it works as I have the same gig'

One of your pics looked like you were pulling vtx power from the solder pads that are by the mini plug "while" the vtx connections are in the plug at the same time. Just wasn't sure if you should move the vtx power wires to a different location

DesJardins

This is where I powered my vtx from but of course I don't know that any different way is incorrect and I posted in the TBS forum

521F51CF-5E4C-4E31-8286-E2FC1409E3D6-845-0000004E68584BF5.jpg

Sebas600

The vtx is getting its power thru the solder pads.
The signal is going thru the small wires behind it.

The vtx works fine, the problem is in the cables or core or cam or programming in one of these, could pal/ntsc give the problem?

kloner

Aerial DP
des, that pad your using is a pass through. if 4s pack, 4s goes through. You want the cam on the cam pads, pr, ground and the yellow. i bail the white wire all together. same with the vtx, power comes off the corresponding power, ground and signal pads. anything other than that isn't powered through the core
i also didn't understand sebas vtx side.... that only has enough power to run a vtx,,,, and that's it. no other powe should be getting sucked off that side. Core has 2 seperate power supplies on it, tou use them both ou gotta wire it like it says to on the board.

that picture from trappy has a weird wire job, the white one is where the power is......

DesJardins

Ok, I'll chat with you soon I went standard pass through pads since I'm running 3S but it would be awesome if somebody like TBS made an Immersion/fatshark Molex style connector where it's also pre-wired with the small plug to go right into the vtx side of the TBS frame. Kind of like that little wire that's included for the TBS69 cam as that's plug-n-play. I have 3 cams to test and that is one of them now. (I went a bit crazy and ordered a bunch of stuff at once since I typically wait too long and sit on my hands not flying because I "forgot" a connector or option)

Oh also the reason I didn't use the core side of the vtx for the power input is because I didn't have a cam so the core was inactive. (I'm using the Hero2 right now)

Last edited by a moderator:

irvan36mm

Ok, I'll chat with you soon I went standard pass through pads since I'm running 3S but it would be awesome if somebody like TBS made an Immersion/fatshark Molex style connector where it's also pre-wired with the small plug to go right into the vtx side of the TBS frame. Kind of like that little wire that's included for the TBS69 cam as that's plug-n-play..........
Des-
Are you talking about this type of cable?
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_66_67&products_id=696

If not,check out the other cables on the RMRC site.
-George

DesJardins

Hey George, kind of... Only problem is all of those cables use 4 wires from the right side of the vtx, supplying 5v to a cam and audio as well.

it would need to be a custom molex cable using (from my guess) the following... power/ground/video/ground, eliminating the rest so that the small plug could pin right into the TBS frames vtx side.

irvan36mm

I had the same problem as Sebas w/ my Disco- everything wired-up,but no pic in the end.
After trying different cables & wiring, I finally gave up on the Disco & got me a QAV500 and found a nice
5v cam that came with a cable that was especially for the IRC vtx. Wired it all in with the EZOSD and it
worked the very first time I plugged a battery into it. After 8 FPV flights,everything is going very well! LOL
-George

DesJardins

Yup, I'm looking for the right combo of these wires.
Have to use the seperate power/ground but which of the other wires from the larger Molex connector has to be used?

I can't get an answer even on the TBS forum...

Sebas600

Euh that is printed on the vtx.
I'm using the small connector on the back side of the vtx.
Maybe the problem lies there.
Tested the cam and that works just fine but tested it with the large black connector.

kloner

Aerial DP
on the cam you want to clip the wire that comes with the cm and solder it to he pads.red, black and yellow. same with the vtx, none of the wires it comes with fits anything yo got unless you get the 2.4 500mw lawmate set.

sebas, there is only one power wire on the 5.8 vtx,,,,, the one inline with the signal wires is a power out (5v) for a cam, the black wire out is the same ground as the one going into it. the large black connector should only use the yellow wire,,, that's it.

DesJardins

Thx for the help bro, so with this vtx below I'm only going to use 3 wires or 4? Going from the bottom up

GND
BATT
VID

Solder these onto the pads and be done?
I noticed the pad has an Audio solder pad as well so does that just get left alone

C8A88598-9153-47CE-AA8D-C2ED31F6E69D-354-0000002B492AEED1.jpg

Sebas600

Thanks for the advice, was already soldering the stuff on the pads as you was typing the post. Found thad the small plugs and the pads do not line up...
still not working...
Going at it again later today.
thanks for all the help and tips so far.

kloner

Aerial DP
des, on your picture, you only need the little red and black connector hooked up to any power, but on mine it'd goto vtx power and ground. Then that big plug you got there only needs the yellow wire going to the cam. if you use the core to power the cam, you will not need any others, if you skip it, use the black and yellow from cam into the big plug

sebas, yes they do not lineup. look at the writing and the plugs that came with the kit, use a volt/ohm meter with a continuity tester to feel your way around. When the 12v or 5v pads are connected, you'll get half tones and full tones of continuity...

DesJardins

Thanks Kloner, that's as simple as it can be and yup I'll put everything to the vtx pads to make sure it goes through the core and regulated at 12v

I feel so f'n dumb over thinking the connections, damn loser
LMAO

Sebas600

Sooo my core is bad. Trappy is sending me a new one to swap out. great service!
The next problem has arrived! the EZUHF with the wly WTF09SII and ppm connection to the naza, traditional setup doesn't function as well.
Think the wlfy doesn't function so looking for a futaba to fix the problem...
Hope it flies next summer :upset: