TBS Discovery, FPV Quadro from Team Blacksheep based on DJI Parts

meme

Hello all,

i had the honour to beta test the TBS Discovery. I fly the TBS Zephyr and Trappy, knowing that i started with Copter too sent me a Test-Copter over.&nbsp;<br>The Discovery comes over with already soldered Dean Connector for the Power Distribution, solder Pins for ESC`s and &nbsp;the Naza-VNU, as well with a Pre-soldered PMU named "Core", who will power the FPV-Systems and has a simple OSD integrated.
On Top of the Bottom Board there are soldered connectors for bringing to the very back the RC-RX.
Build Process was easy and the Copter was ready in 2 hours, i had only couple 3 days for testing so i used a RTF FPV-System i own instead the TBS Core.
I have flown it in LOS and FPV, loved in in both Modi, i wished i had more time to test it and to work on the Gains, as you see on the Vid, it became better with every Flight.
First Flights:

Attachments

• TBS Discovery.jpg
    TBS Discovery.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 976
  • Building.jpg
    Building.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,475
  • Ready.jpg
    Ready.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,017
  • Unpacking.jpg
    Unpacking.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 885
Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
i thought he was asking how long till we can throw down our money and get one? Trappy keeps saying cheap, any idea how cheap?

jforkner

Any idea what is done differently on this frame's boards to inhibit vibration to a GoPro. The mounting looks basically the same as an F450. Yeah, I know the arms are set back to get them out of the field of view, but what about the mounting of the camera itself? Or other measures to reduce vibration and the oft-present jello-effect.

Jack

kloner

Aerial DP
it doesn't have all the cutouts right behind the tab letting it flex like the stock and it's a shelf that also holds a vtx or a seperate fpv cam. it also comes with antivibe tape for the cam

kloner

Aerial DP
the core is a set of switching regulators to power 5v cams, 12v cams, 12v vtx and 5v all off the flight power pack it is integrated with the pcb inside the frame to provide power where you need it. it also has a simple osd that shows volts, amps, timer, and rssi

these are starting to ship.

it's biggest claim is it's suppose to film 1080p with gopros jello free