XAircraft SuperX

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
If I remember, you couldn't change settings when they first came out?

Exactly right. Apparently they had been working on a new firmware - and when finished they needed to offer a way to connect. So coupled with the interface is a program that gives access to certain parameters.

I'm particularly interested in the regenerative braking - to see if that actually has a positive effect for filming, in slowing down the movement of the craft if the stick movement was abrupt.

SamaraMedia

Does the kde interface allow you to change timing, startup level, reverse, and other settings?
Yes. "A wide-range of new control-algorithm technologies can be programmed, such as the brushless motor startup power, drive frequency, synchronous rectification, regenerative-braking and temperature control, voltage cutoffs, and others market-leading features."

Only got a few flights in on the new firmware last week while tuning. Don't know if it was the upgrade, motor alignment or other tuning adjustments but my rig flies pretty nice right now.

fltundra

Yes. "A wide-range of new control-algorithm technologies can be programmed, such as the brushless motor startup power, drive frequency, synchronous rectification, regenerative-braking and temperature control, voltage cutoffs, and others market-leading features."
When I went to the 35's , that was the reason I didn't go with the kde's. Setting couldn't be changed. And haven already used the Castle's and they have a plethora of settings.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Regardless of whether they are "leading the market," it's nice to have some access :)

Glad the rig is flying better. Always nice to see progress, and as stated many times, I think once you hone in on the correct settings for your particular MR, the SuperX is a really nice FC with great flight characteristics.

I bought one used recently for a new build. They are selling for reasonable prices - and makes it even more of a no-brainier as far as I'm concerned.

fltundra

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 286

fltundra

That's a nice touch.
Yes, i think it would be the cats meow! Being able to work in conjunction with SuperX graph's would greatly lower fine tuning time.
I almost ordered the 50 amp lights , but didn't' want to go through re soldering everything or spending the money. Plus I stick with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" rule.

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
With all other current improvements in Multicopter Electronics, It amazes me that more ESC manufacturers have not added this feature/ technology.....
I guess I wonder if the market would support the additional cost per ESC... 70%...??
Unlike most of our customers, the mass market seems to support the Cheapest thing.....equal or not....
Sad to say, but this is where the mass market is heading....

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Hopefully with more time, some of these features will trickle down to the lower cost components. I think that's typical with any industry, as the technology improves, and the "older" tech becomes old hat - it makes its way into the consumer market.

SamaraMedia

@fltundra I moved the GPS puck up to about 7" above the top plate compared to the 3-4" it was. First flight of the day I could only get 3 sat's, had a terrible time trying to stay in a stable hover, drifted backwards. Landed, reconnected power got 5-7 sat's, flew better, still not great on stationary hover once FF flight stopped and let pitch stick center. Rig is quite stable in flight and vibrations are minimal now. Second and third flights GPS worked better but take a look at the first flight and where the GPS located me on the flight map. I took off from the baseball field to the north, not over the house...think I'll fly in Atti from now on since the rig is flying much better.

Thanks

http://log.xaircraft.com/#2015_08_27_041243.750_137.1.01.46

fltundra

Wow, I've never seen position accuracy that bad. You could try mounting it on one of the arms and try it. Did you do the compass dance after you moved it? It should fly just as well in gps or atti.:) Mine in atti floats around like a puck on an air hockey table, and it has the same flight characteristics as in gps mode. gps is just slower and a more locked in feel. Both are smooth as butter.

Last edited by a moderator:

SamaraMedia

Do the dance on the first flight of every day I fly. Never seen anything that bad either, now I know why it wants to go backwards :)

fltundra

Do the dance on the first flight of every day I fly. Never seen anything that bad either, now I know why it wants to go backwards :)
It's getting interference from something. You don't have to calibrate every time. Only when you move it, or anything mounted close by. You should do a calibration if you fly it more then 300+ miles from home though.

SamaraMedia

So I don't need to do the dance each time out like DJI? It is a pain sometimes spinning so much but got used to it. Weird how you don't punch in puck location in firmware like DJI. Maybe I'll try it somewhere else of use some copper tape next.

Canada eh? Little further now since you've moved.