XAircraft SuperX

teryn1

I have already been through that. The FC won't let me enter calibration without signals from the ESCs. So, this doesn't help.

Sent several emails to support but no response.

Last edited by a moderator:

karri3nen

HI!
Anyone problem with maytech 40A sbec esc´s and axi motor´s. I builded new big quad, but somehow motor´s and esc´s don´t respond. I could do esc calibration thru thottle channel, but can´t hear anything when I power SuperX. I have 1.08 firmware. did I miss something or is it just that SuperX don´t support those part´s. I removed power pins from esc´s like always. still haven´t tried on my Kopterworx motor´s and my maytech opto esc´s.

Any help? Thanks..

Hobbywing esc worked good and so simonk Dys 40A on my big X8.... Here´s my really "raw cut" to test 1.08 with small quad :). Some Rally english here...

hehe! Don´t get bored. We make more stuff later, when don´t need to film in dark alone :)!
from log. 1.07 I got 48 km/h in atti and 1.08 got 58.60 km/h.

br, karri3

Dhardjono

Any one know why when i shut the power to mu futaba t8j radio the super x does not blink red and the oisd say on gps 50 percent throttle this is indoor i was testing out. But the fail safe schich goes to red and gps and att, manual is fine. Another thing is the gain control when in the middle it goes red and all motor shut of i see karri3nen adjust the gain while in flight in his video, Did the same indoors and once in the middle it drop lucky it only 4 foot . Well any one have any idea's

Electro 2

Any one know why when I shut the power to my futaba T8J radio the SuperX does not blink red and the OSD says on GPS (mode) and 50 percent throttle. This is indoors while I was testing.

Pretty obvious to me that the loss-of-carrier fail safe mode *on the radio* isn't set to trip the F/S command on the flight controller. Upon loss of carrier, the receiver is holding the last good command which is hover throttle and neutral cyclic. When the radio link is still good, throwing the F/S switch on the TX fires off the command and the FC responds correctly. Set the FS up on the radio first.

Dhardjono

Pretty obvious to me that the loss-of-carrier fail safe mode *on the radio* isn't set to trip the F/S command on the flight controller. Upon loss of carrier, the receiver is holding the last good command which is hover throttle and neutral cyclic. When the radio link is still good, throwing the F/S switch on the TX fires off the command and the FC responds correctly. Set the FS up on the radio first.

Thank for reply but i still don't get it what do i have to do with the futaba /

Thank for reply but i still don't get it what do i have to do with the futaba /

Go into the fail safe menu on your radio. Go to the channel you have your fail safe set to (should be 6). Enable fail safe. Go to the far right and move your fail safe switch on the radio to safe mode. Hold down the button to save. It should read -100%. If that doesn't work do a google search for how to enable fail safe on your radio. There are also instructions in the manual. I have an 8FG so it may be slightly different, but it will be close. The fail safe is not a function of the controller, but rather of the radio you use as Electro said.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Here is a little raw video I shot with my X650 Pro and SuperX here in Charleston over the marsh. Fun place to fly!

I have watched that a couple of times on YouTube, very impressive and a good commercial use of the vehicle, what was the gimble, camera and TX you used, you only mentioned X650 in the video

David

I have watched that a couple of times on YouTube, very impressive and a good commercial use of the vehicle, what was the gimble, camera and TX you used, you only mentioned X650 in the video

David

GoPro Hero3 Black
Tarot T-2D (But we have a brushless gimbal called Stella about to be released that will blow your socks off. Say good bye to jitters. It is a true out of the box ready to go gimbal. Plug and play with SX)
1000mw Tx, some special antennas....

Dhardjono

Go into the fail safe menu on your radio. Go to the channel you have your fail safe set to (should be 6). Enable fail safe. Go to the far right and move your fail safe switch on the radio to safe mode. Hold down the button to save. It should read -100%. If that doesn't work do a google search for how to enable fail safe on your radio. There are also instructions in the manual. I have an 8FG so it may be slightly different, but it will be close. The fail safe is not a function of the controller, but rather of the radio you use as Electro said.

Wow thanks drew i did it but it was 91 percent instead of 100 also the throttle i should put on 51 percent if i remember the phantom is set that way that channel 3 so i did that to . But now i shut the radio and red blinking light is on . Thanks Drew.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
GoPro Hero3 Black
Tarot T-2D (But we have a brushless gimbal called Stella about to be released that will blow your socks off. Say good bye to jitters. It is a true out of the box ready to go gimbal. Plug and play with SX)
1000mw Tx, some special antennas....

Yes I have the 2 Axis XAircraft servo version and Jason here in OZ has spoken to me about Stella, I have just ordered Arris CM3000 3 axis Gimbal, which after some research, I believe will suit my needs better, I think the days of 3 axis is upon us with 2 axis yesterday, The price point of Stella is ambitious but like all XAircraft the quality is second to none, next years XA 3 axis will be a real game changer (floating magnets!) save pennies for that.

Very good video professional but that is what you are paid for.... I hope :nevreness: and great publicity for XAircraft

David

karri3nen

I’m using maytech 65 amp esc’s with no issues on my SuperX.

Thanks for info. Those my esc´s are quite "beaten". Still weird. I tested this my build with multiwii board and all worked. And tested SuperX to small frame I have on that video, and all worked like charm with out any re calibration.
Even I tried made all software update´s and calibration´s with maytech-axi frame.
Those esc´s are Maytech s-bec. and I have pulled al red pins out? One Maytech I got also cutted Black wire, but it is working on Multiwii. So still weird. And on throttle channel all works..
I don`t hear any sound from esc´s when powering that bigger quad with SuperX. Have to go fly with multiwii or Check is there some setting on esc´s which is not good for SuperX?

This is my 3rd frame with SuperX firts issue, but I willl have new part´s coming to my smaller gopro quad :)! So I don´t spoil time for those parts anymore :)

karri3nen

I’m using maytech 65 amp esc’s with no issues on my SuperX.

Sorry and thanks :)! Problem solved! I had to calibrate thet end points to 100/100% with Futaba 8FG and after calibration change them to 110/110 %. Works now! Sorry and Thanks for mental support ;)!

Wow thanks drew i did it but it was 91 percent instead of 100 also the throttle i should put on 51 percent if i remember the phantom is set that way that channel 3 so i did that to . But now i shut the radio and red blinking light is on . Thanks Drew.

Glad you got it working. It is fine if it is at 91%. Since it is a 2 postion switch it doesn't care whether it is -1% or -110%. It is either on or off.

Explain what you did on your throttle channel again? You should have full range in your servo menu from -100% to +100%. If your throttle channel does not get all the way down you will not be able to arm the motors. Just because you do something on the Phantom don't assume you do it on the SuperX. It can get you in trouble. Be sure to fully read the manual as well and that you have the appropriate channels reversed.

Yes I have the 2 Axis XAircraft servo version and Jason here in OZ has spoken to me about Stella, I have just ordered Arris CM3000 3 axis Gimbal, which after some research, I believe will suit my needs better, I think the days of 3 axis is upon us with 2 axis yesterday, The price point of Stella is ambitious but like all XAircraft the quality is second to none, next years XA 3 axis will be a real game changer (floating magnets!) save pennies for that.

Very good video professional but that is what you are paid for.... I hope :nevreness: and great publicity for XAircraft

David

The 3-axis is cool and all, but I don't see what all the fuss is about personally unless you have retracts and a 2-man operation. Follow mode is great, but if you have your rig tuned well and use some expo on your yaw channel you can get very smooth pans and forward flight doesn't really move. I honestly don't know if a GoPro 3-axis is worth the extra expense for the benefit it provides, especially with the X650 Pro since it is so stable.

jfro

Aerial Fun
The 3-axis is cool and all, but I don't see what all the fuss is about personally unless you have retracts and a 2-man operation. Follow mode is great, but if you have your rig tuned well and use some expo on your yaw channel you can get very smooth pans and forward flight doesn't really move. I honestly don't know if a GoPro 3-axis is worth the extra expense for the benefit it provides, especially with the X650 Pro since it is so stable.

What does "use expo on your yaw" mean?
I looked up Barts short cut guide, but expo isn't on there. Sorry for not knowing, but this is the second time I've seen expo this week and I still know what you are all talking about.

Stacky

The beauty of the 3 axis is that it helps remove or greatly reduce the slight course changes when filming in straight lines. In breezy or windy conditions you will always have little variations and the 3rd axis really helps with that. I just did a quick test shoot for an online car magazine in blustery conditions and those course adjustments on my tracking shots were annoying to me even though my client didnt notice them.