XAircraft SuperX on heavy lifter

jfro

Aerial Fun
Here is my last flight today. 322 to 389 seconds was in GPS.
I lined up the motor output so graphs correspond. Spending too much time on this. SuperX & MiniX are about the same on this Hex except for MiniX show more vibrations... Going to take my Naza V2 off and give it a go on this frame. Will go by engine temps as the 1,3,5 motors are luke warm and 2,4,6 are ice cold (it was 11 degrees when I was testing today). I have to be missing something really simple. If Naza does same thing then I'll swap 2 arms and reverse directions and see what happens. This will switch both the motor and esc, but me thinks it would be an exercise in futility.

View attachment 22719

Attachments

• flight mode and motor output.jpg
    flight mode and motor output.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 529

jfro

Aerial Fun
First two times I check level was on the motors. Checked level on motors for 3rd time. Put the MR on the floor, put props 90 degrees to it's arm and them measure from the floor to the tips. 1 motor off a bit (which was the hottest of the motors and 2 nd off alittle). Flew better today, changed to Naza, with motor temps not so crazy between even and odds. Sounded the same flying, but better on hoover. Will put SuperX back on so I can check logs. Guessing I need a new way of leveling motors.. Thanks for suggestions....

jfro

Aerial Fun
I saw that but I don't remember what he did. I also think his arms were flat, not pitched up 6.8 or so degrees. Just went to you tube and only found his hexcrafter with iphone or droid phone, which is how I did mine originally. Baffling. I'm wondering if it's me or the props. When I put the SuperX back on, will check the props and motor one more time. Might make a stand to hold arms as retracts aren't 100% film in keeping the frame still and level.

Dylan M

Which Switch...
I have made a jig for the booms before, this really only works if you have a flat level piece on the copter mounted side of the boom. This way you level one boom mount and with the jig you can replicate that exact level setup over and over. of course if you screw up the first level then i guess it doesn't really help but it would at least be consistent...

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I have made a jig for the booms before, this really only works if you have a flat level piece on the copter mounted side of the boom. This way you level one boom mount and with the jig you can replicate that exact level setup over and over. of course if you screw up the first level then i guess it doesn't really help but it would at least be consistent...

I'd like to see a photo of the jig.

Dylan M

Which Switch...
I'd like to see a photo of the jig.

I can dig in the archive(lol) but I don't think I snapped a picture. Obviously not because it is trade secret, I'm here now talking about it. That is why I could never do a good build log because I get too caught up in the building to properly document everything... I made it out of scrap aluminum, I cant find it but it was basically 2 large vises hard mounted on a 1/8in aluminum plate... It sounds a lot more fancy than it was, but I have to admit it worked pretty good. lol, now I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture...

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I hear ya. If I'm not doing a review, I forget to snap the pics until it finished. Doesn't really capture the good stuff :)

ary

Attachments

• Super Y6-16kg payload-foldable-2.jpg
    Super Y6-16kg payload-foldable-2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 380
  • Action.jpg
    Action.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 398
  • camera roll.jpg
    camera roll.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 406
  • Hexacopter at ijen.jpg
    Hexacopter at ijen.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 384

ary

I put 2.5cm CF tube, 50cm long under lower-accros centre plate. 2 X 60cm landing gear.
huge... when its spread
It flies great in high winds, without worries.
Sadly it crashed yesterday. Too confident become too aggressive flight.
I will send pictures when it repaired

Ross Mackay

Hi everyone, Ross here based in NZ. New to the forum so go easy!

I have just built a new machine for GH4/BMPCC/5D work. Have the super X on and running. It seems to be setup fine and is flying well. I have just had a look through the logs and was trying to sort out why the machine would change "feel" during flight? Is the G number supposed to be a constant?

Here is the log, I just checked the last two flights.

http://log.xaircraft.com/#2015_06_07_171811.131_29.2.02.43

Set up -
T motor 2826 550KV
Xoar 12x6
Turnigy Plush 40A ESC
Quadframe hex mid 12x12 frame
2 x 5400mAh Hyperions
Xpro Heli SILK 3 axis gimbal
Futaba T7C/R617FS
The gains are 0.9 for all but vert which is 1.1 (I think?)

The machine has a heap of power and handles well, although I still need to set my EXP/DR on Tx as its a little aggressive on the stick.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Ross.

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The G channel is the in-air tuning - so it should definitely not be moving during the flight, unless you're trying to tune. That would probably explain your changing flight characteristics.

In the manual it explains how to assign the g channel to a knob for tuning.

Ross Mackay

T
The G channel is the in-air tuning - so it should definitely not be moving during the flight, unless you're trying to tune. That would probably explain your changing flight characteristics.

In the manual it explains how to assign the g channel to a knob for tuning.
Thanks for the reply @Motopreserve, I had the channel 6 assigned to the Pot (I think it only lets ch6 do this on this Tx), so I have wired ch6 not 7 to do the Gain adj and ch7 to signal the safe mode on the Rx, do you think that is what the issue is? Maybe I need to buy a new Tx for assignable VR knobs? As a general question what model futaba Tx's are people using here?

Ross Mackay

I see a lot of people talking about the Fr Sky Taranis. Are these good reliable units? I have no experience with them, but they look to be quite feature rich (sliders on side, telemetry multiple 3 ways etc) I have always used Futaba and had good times, but looking at the price of a 10Cg scares me a little!

Thanks, Ross.

fltundra

I see a lot of people talking about the Fr Sky Taranis. Are these good reliable units? I have no experience with them, but they look to be quite feature rich (sliders on side, telemetry multiple 3 ways etc) I have always used Futaba and had good times, but looking at the price of a 10Cg scares me a little!

Thanks, Ross.
I have 14 months with the Taranis and the SuperX, and haven't had any issues. It just works! Can't imagine flying anything without telemetry. This is coming from someone who would only use Futaba for the last 30 years or more.