Show Your WooKong M Videos HERE

pasty

I've got it a bit more dialed in now after adjusting my cofg's for the IMU and GPS.

Did ya like my Movember Mexican Tache? :D

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I'd love to show the last video I recorded today while out adjusting the gains on the CS6, it looked super stable from the ground. Problem is, when I got to the field some dumbarse had forgotten to erase the videos that were already on the memory card from the other day and I managed to get all of about 45 seconds of the third, final, and best flight before the card filled up and stopped recording... :mad::chargrined::dejection:

Supposed to be in the low 60s tomorrow which is nearly unheard of around here this time of year, if I can get a pass from the wife for an hour or two I'll go try it again and format the memory card before I start flying this time!

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Schoolboy error there from the 'maestro' ! :tennis:

Looking forward to it.. have you built up the courage to throw her round a bit?

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Here is mine :

@nisouck.. welcome to MRF's.. Holgar would be turning in his grave if he was dead seeing the WKM on his frame!.. Guessit would be really cruel to post that on the MK international forum under show what you filmed with your MK! You would be quite within your right to psot it after all it is an MK frame!

The camera man could have chucked you a stool for you to stand on to catch it!

Where are u? that grey sky looks like UK but the trees say no wind so it cant have been today u filmed it.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

nisouck

@nisouck.. welcome to MRF's.. Holgar would be turning in his grave if he was dead seeing the WKM on his frame!.. Guessit would be really cruel to post that on the MK international forum under show what you filmed with your MK! You would be quite within your right to psot it after all it is an MK frame!

The camera man could have chucked you a stool for you to stand on to catch it!

Where are u? that grey sky looks like UK but the trees say no wind so it cant have been today u filmed it.

Dave

The reason, for my test of DJI I found the MK frame is pretty good and cheap.
Now after this succes, I mount a Droidworx hexa frame and some AXi 2814/22 motors.

I leave in Belgium I live near Waterloo; basicly I speak french. You know that, in Belgium some, peoples speak Dutch too.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Ken very nice thats the way it should be !!!. Cant wait for my GH2 to arrive and finally produce some videos and not only hover around testing how stable everything is. !

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Well Ken that looks pretty well dialled in.. nice one.. hows it handling the wind?

Dave

Not as well as I'd like but much better than it was. Today was the first time I was able to get acceptable video with this combination through three full battery packs and was mainly to set a baseline for more tweaking and improvements that will be taking place over the next couple of weeks. I've got a set of APC thin electric props due to arrive on Tuesday and I'm going to get everything setup to reflash the ESCs with faster firmware, I'm hoping the combination of those two things will produce the result I'm searching for which is better stability in all conditions and also to get rid of the last little bit of side to side twitching it has in FF. If the DJI firmware had more granular tuning on the gains or more user ports so I could keep basic and ATTI on TX sliders while still being able to have control of the camera tilt then it might not be necessary to do what I'm about to.

I will say this, yesterday I fired up the Droidworx/MK and put the 5N on it for a comparison flight to the CS6/WKM. To me the DW/MK hex vs CS6/WKM is like trying to compare an old style Volkswagen Beetle to a Porsche 911, they're similar configurations but the Porsche is so much more capable than the VW. The WKM has it's share of flaws but for a first release of a new flight controller it already exceeds the capability of 99% of the rest of what's on the market, especially when it comes to ease of flying for doing video. The MK just isn't as stable vertically as the WKM although it's better in FF than the WKM and has slightly better stability in strong wind, but it's a lot more work to fly smoothly. Give DJI another 6 to 12 months of refining the WKM and see where it stands then, it's going to be extremely hard for anyone to top them right out of the box and the current competiton had better start taking notice and doing some serious R&D.

Ken very nice thats the way it should be !!!. Cant wait for my GH2 to arrive and finally produce some videos and not only hover around testing how stable everything is. !

That's one other thing I noticed while editing the video, as nice as the 5N is, it's not all that difficult to push it beyond its limits and find yourself wishing for something a little bit better. There were a few places in the vids where it was quite obvious that the NEX is not a pure video camera, it's better suited to occasional video and taking stills. I still think it's a great camera and the form factor is nearly ideal for flying it under a multi but to get really great video for the entire flight is going to take more than the NEX is capable of. For now I'll just be aware of where it's weak points are and try to work within the limits, can't afford to toss another large pile of $ at a better camera right now, maybe in the spring...

Ken